Mesaba Big Announcement on Friday

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
New metal for Mesaba

I hear Mesaba is to be the Regional Launch customer for the A380.

... course, might just be another rumor...

In all seriousness, about the negotiations (the secret ones) I was thinkng that if they got new airplanes for a pay freeze, i say fire all the union heads if that is the case. I remember in there last negotiation, they said they would not accept anything less than Comair rates (from the MEC meetings, and a lot of fist pounding that we would strike if they offerred anything less). So, if they want to accept a pay freeze, lets freeze at Comair rates, because i cannot afford to freeze at 24000 a year my W2, but now will be 27 or so) but still barely not enough to make my life advance. My message to the FO's at MESAba, no pay freezes should be accepted. Remember how we fo's got a higher % that that of an avro captain in the last contract? I liked doing the math on that one, they got about a 15 dollar raise and we got around a ten or less dollar raise. But i should say, they were right to think that we would not complain since that is better than what we were making.

So, if we are like Comair and our MEC accepted a pay freeze, lets say we do it at Comair rates like our MEC promised ! This MSP FO has a loud voice, and will stand for only what was promised. Comair rates or we strike! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah i can only hope htey found some balls during this set of negotiations! john......PS but i do appreciate the hard work our MEC does, i just do not like some of the results

I hear Mesaba is to be the Regional Launch customer for the A380.

With that bunch of management brainiacs in MSP I wouldn't be surpurised to see that. We can't even fill the Avros...but let's bring the 380's online and fly'em to MBS, FNT and AZO 50 times a day! What a great idea!

IF there is to be a new aircraft, then there should be no pay freezes. We have pay scales in our contract that will cover any new airplane that comes on the property. 70+ seaters aren't even on the radar since the NWALPA have stated numerous times that those aircraft are not to be flown by anyone outside their pilot group. (of course that could be typical ALPA smoke and mirrors)

We have a contract. We were told by the MEC that this contract brings us in line with our peers. We actually got our per diem to match the FA's rates. Then we were told that it was the best we could do given the ecomomic forces of the time. No more backpeddling. If our union should accept anything less than what this contract states, then they need to clean out their desks and get back to flying airplanes.

Another friday long gone. Anyone else thinking that this "Big Announcement" is probably never going to materialize? This management team has proven time and time again that it has no real plans for ...well, anything. Silly me for thinking (hoping) that this time would actually be any different.

My message to the FO's at MESAba, no pay freezes should be accepted. Remember how we fo's got a higher % that that of an avro captain in the last contract? I liked doing the math on that one, they got about a 15 dollar raise and we got around a ten or less dollar raise.

Uhh, first year FO's got a 23% raise compared to Capts 5% raise. ($4.87/hour vs. $2.81/hour)

So, if we are like Comair and our MEC accepted a pay freeze, lets say we do it at Comair rates like our MEC promised !

I don't remember the MEC PROMISING anything..., I remember a "goal".

..PS but i do appreciate the hard work our MEC does, i just do not like some of the results[/QUOTE]

Sure doesn't sound like it....

BTW, I voted no also, but I know my facts. You are just spewing trash.

I do like your chickens quote though...

The rumor I heard was XJ was buying Air Wisconsin's 146's. Since those have 100 seats, mainline pilots will fly them. The XJ Avro's will be reconfigured in a timely fashion for marketing purposes. Any hiring that Mesaba does will be a J4J scenario, in order to fly the Avro's with more seats.

xjhawk said:
In all seriousness, about the negotiations (the secret ones) I was thinkng that if they got new airplanes for a pay freeze, i say fire all the union heads if that is the case.

Seems to me you are doing all the fist pounding. Anything that comes out of the MEC will be MEM RAT. So if there will be anything coming down the line, You my friend, will be voting on your own destiny.

By the way, you cannot fire an elected position, You recall them.

Another friday long gone. Anyone else thinking that this "Big Announcement" is probably never going to materialize? This management team has proven time and time again that it has no real plans for ...well, anything. Silly me for thinking (hoping) that this time would actually be any different.

Yeah Dodge I think you're right...my bad for being optimistic and waiting and longing for some good news. Sad to know that it'll never change with this company. I can't imagine what could be such big news that the MEC reps would have to keep it from the union members for this long. Get ready for a big disappointing announcement like, "we just extended the leases on the 340's".

Hey...but at least we got scope! Now that Big Sky is flying all those 1900's around...

I could use your guys help with this. I am a new hire so i am not familuar with pay freezes. If a pay freeze goes into effect before I get out of training will I be stuck at 1st year fo pay for a few years. Thanks

Latest resources

Back