Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Real Big News

John Spanjers said:
Many rumors have been swirling around Mesaba over the past several days, and I want to stress that we have nothing to announce. If we have something that is deemed significant and factual, we will communicate the information, as appropriate. The only thing I can tell you, is that the company has saved 15% by switching to GEICO...

Any takers?

Here is a headline from the front page of planebusiness.com

"
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]* Mesaba/Northwest On Verge of New Agreement That Will Bring 70-Seaters to Mesaba[/font]

U of I....

Um...yeah-

That line has already been used.

On another note...I vow to continue to *bump* this thread until "BIG ANNOUNCEMENT FRIDAY" arrives.

Bump!

DIE 70 seat rumor... DIE.

Of course I'd love to fly a 70 seat jet, but I think it is a pipe dream, and with little information, it is possible we are setting our sights on the hopeful rather than realistic.

From NWA's ALPA site: http://www.nwaalpa.org/

MEC Negotiating Committee member Bob Moser continued the Negotiating Committee report from Wednesday. He compared the previous scope language with the current (post Bridge Agreement) RJ protections. He said the current language allows additional 50-seat aircraft by eliminating the old narrowbody to RJ ratio and creating a new ratio (For every narrowbody below 360, the 104 RJ maximum is reduced on a one-for-one basis). Considering the current narrowbody and RJ fleet plans, NWA will be allowed to operate up to 81 50-seat RJs with NW code. As before the Agreement, NWA still has the ability to fly an unlimited number of 44-seat SJs.

During the Q&A session that followed, Moser was asked about the reduction in planned NWA flying and the possibility for more furloughs. Moser said the company has told ALPA there are no plans at this time to furlough additional pilots. However, as always, recalls and furloughs will be affected by future events and NWA’s flying levels.

The meeting was then closed so MEC Chairman Mark McClain could update the MEC on issues related to contract negotiations at other NWA labor groups and how they could affect NWA pilots.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back