Mesaba Big Announcement on Friday

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mel Sharples said:
In any case, I grow less excited by the day and a lot more nervous. Somehow I think this whole deal is going to turn into a giant turd in the punchbowl.

It sure was fun for a few days to think that we actually may have a shot at some good news but Mel is right the longer this goes on the less exciting this gets.

I think this has nothing to do with NW and is more flying for another carrier using the Big Sky certificate.

Probably though in about a week we will get an announcement saying "both sides tried to work on something but it fell through and will not be happening. However, due to confidentiality agreements signed we cannot tell you what it was. Please continue to fly safe and focus on our cost metrics moving forward year over year blah blah blah...."

It does seem coincidental that C8 was waiting for news on Monday and didn't get it. Apparently they hear the same thing. News coming soon... gag orders signed all around. Food for thought.

Last edited:
No offense to my ChiExp brothers but I hope it is something more exciting than getting more saabs. We really need some growth around here to give some relief to our 5+ year fo's

Now I'm at the point where if this thing drags on through the weekend I'm voting no out of spite no matter what the LOA says.

Just for S&G's, does anyone know what is the hire date of Chicago Express's most senior pilot?

Oh well, it was fun for a few days to believe that management would actually do something positive for this airline other than throw money out the window with Big Sky. It shows how stupid they really are. The contract negotiations are over. The company got their pitiful payscale and no trip and duty rigs. No better CDO language or pay. No sick pay accrual enhancement.

They can sell Big Sky any day now.

My prediction

not that I pretend to know anything, but how about this scenario:

an expansion of Big Sky flying, outside the NWA family (or maybe as the 3rd link, who knows with these people) in anything from 1900's to E170's. a relaxing of your scope and or list merger with big sky pilots. maybe adjusted pay rates as part of the whole package.

Some are happy: the 5 year f/o's who get to sit left seat in a 1900

Some are not: newhire f/o's who find themselves displaced to Montana.

If the SEC and/or NWA MEC aren't involved, there are a limited number of internal scenarios that could keep your MEC occupied with this for so long.

Best wishes and happy thoughts, regardless.

Ace McCoy said:
Probably though in about a week we will get an announcement saying "both sides tried to work on something but it fell through and will not be happening. However, due to confidentiality agreements signed we cannot tell you what it was. Please continue to fly safe and focus on our cost metrics moving forward year over year blah blah blah...."

Dude, that is the BEST analysis I've heard thus far. "Please continue flying safe and focus on increasing our operational performance." Right out of JS's mouth!!! I can hear it right now!

MM

Latest resources

Back