Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: From the Comair Vatican

got_jumpseat? said:
Hey ACE, if Mesa sucks so much and you really want to help hyperboy why dont you send this kid an application then! Oh yeah, when you start hiring again in what, 2008?

Actually I got a better idea, stop telling people at Mesa how to vote, when to strike, when to quit, get hired what ever the hell else it is you Com Air guys try and pontificate to the rest of the regional industry. Dont you have bigger fish to fry with mainline delta? Stop worrying about what Mesa is doing and go worry about your own shop.

Mesa was good to me even though it was never perfect I got more than I bargained for. Everything they advertised to me I got and then some. I was never on reserve not once, I passed up upgrades in the Beech and Dash 8 for a commutable schedule in the right seat RJ and in less than three years I got out of Mesa to my dream job. Unlike you Comair guys the regionals are NOT my home. I used them, they used me. It is understood.

When you come to realize you will never get everybody to think exactly the way you do you will be much happier. Stop trashing Mesa. You Comair guys looked so professional on TV back in 2001. Why must you get so pissed when another airline isnt exactly the same as you. Other regionals should have had it so nice get to negotiate a fat contract right at the peak of the industry. I know you all think Comair is your final destination but there are some of us that have no interest in making a career in the regionals.

Let hyperboy make his own decision! If what Mesa offers fits his lifestyle then lay off. If what Comair offers is more his style then he will choose that. Maybe he wants to upgrade quick he will choose a turboprop seat at Mesa, he can camp out in one of the RJ's in PHX or DEN too or if he wants to be an FO for 12 years in Atlanta or Cincinnati he'll go to Comair.

You are not allowed to talk anymore. You had your voice and you used it by being JO's spanking boy. So shut your hole and let the rest of us try to salvage what is left of this industry that you have helped bring down.

got_jumpseat? said:
...less than three years I got out of Mesa to my dream job...
Well, out with it! What's your dream job? Curios??

Re: Re: From the Comair Vatican

mckpickle said:
You are not allowed to talk anymore. You had your voice and you used it by being JO's spanking boy. So shut your hole and let the rest of us try to salvage what is left of this industry that you have helped bring down.

For christs sake, at least READ THE POST BEFORE YOU REPLY!!! He's not even at Mesa anymore - therefore DIDN'T EVEN VOTE! I'll tell you what, though, I am STILL here at MESA, and I *DID* VOTE YES. And, you know what? Given the circumstances I'd do it again, today, right now. I honestly don't give a rats a$$ what YOU or anyone else thinks I should have done with my vote - it's between ME and my FAMILY...and (sorry to burst your "we're all a big happy brotherhood of pilots who put our bretheren ahead of all else and to hell with the consequences let's let this frigging company burn to the ground for the sake of our brothers" bubble) THEY came first - even ahead of YOU and your hopes of a pay raise, mckpickle! I'm sick to death of all this finger pointing at Mesa. We did what we felt we had to do - PERIOD. Our contract is just that - OUR CONTRACT. Almost 80% of our group voted yes alongside me. EVERY SINGLE no-voter I've talked to has had for their vote was JUST as selfish as mine were. They voted no because they felt that having the contract pass would be bad for THEM personally. They didn't give any more thought to the Mr. Mcpickles out there than I did. It's pathetically easy to sit on the outside and point fingers when the welfare of YOUR family isn't hanging in the crosshairs. When it came down to it, EVERYONE voted in their own best interests. Oh, and save the crap about us dragging down the rest of the industry, because this industry has been circling the toilet for quite some time.

It may have been circling the toilet but you guys opened the flapper. Face it you voted yes because you were scared. You have no insight and no sense of history. Otherwise you would have understood that you were condemned to repeat it. The excuse that you did this for your family is short sighted and weak. If you really thought it through than maybe you would think about the next 10 years as opposed to the next 2. Ah the heck with it. we will never agree on this issue. But rest assured you have lost the respect of the entire industry. People will think well of you when their company goes to them and says, well we can't give you a livable wage because Mesa can undercut us and take the flying away. Yes my friend, you will be loved.

got_jumpseat? said:
...Stop worrying about what Mesa is doing and go worry about your own shop.

The problem with this arises when our management comes to us within a few days after Mesa ratified their P.O.S. contract and says "Hey guys I know we used to compare ourselves with Comair, Air Wisky, SkyWest, etc. but now we've got Mesa going around undercutting all of our bids since they don't cost as much as we do.....so we need concessions from you to compete with them and their shiny new contract. Oh, by the way, we're going to furlough 197 pilots also."

So you see, what Mesa does directly affects what goes on in our own shop. Mesa....78% a$$holes.

Right on J41Driver.

As far as I'm concerned, part of the reason I'm furloughed from ACA right now with no recall in sight is because 78% of these turkeys didn't know their worth as PROFESSIONAL pilots and ended up undercutting the rest of us right out of a fricking job.

At least CHQ, Express Jet, etc. are trying to obtain better contracts. Mesa and their insult of a contract just nixed that effort and sent the rest of us back in time.

Oh, well...I'm just hoping to get my corporate job back so I won't be in the middle of this crap anymore.

I can only hope we stay interested in this subject enough to ruin future postings regarding Mesa. This subject should NEVER be lived down.

S.

I'm new here but I noticed the mesa guys taking a real beating. Bring me up to speed. I know they never went on strike. Did they get released from mediation? Were they even in mediation? Was the TA the first and only offer from mgt? How was it received at the roadshows? How did your MEC sell it?

Funny how regional baby jet drivers are ripping MESA pilots for their new contract (which by the way got all CC air guys their jobs back), when your own contracts are just garbage, compared to AWA, JB, or even Airtran (won't mention your mainline partners) . Do you realize you are flying jets on mainline routes for peanuts, with little, or no benefits? So what if\MESA lowerd the bar a bit, you just got some taste of your own medecin

Latest resources

Back