even have thought about there contract.
It has underlined what every regional
ALPA carrier has worked for. For all that ALPA
matters to the regional's.

Mesa's MEC should be castrated.
As far as I'm concerned. The Mesa pilot group
caved in like a bunch of weak #ick's.
The Mesa pilot group has just lowered the
standard amongst the regional pilot group.
Where is there justification on agreeing to
to such a petty contract.

While I paid and supported COMAIR during
there strike, they showed integrity and
perseverance.

From what I've seen, The Mesa pilots caved
in like IRAQI's soilders. You have merged
your senority list with the FREEDOM Air pilots.
What really sicken's me is this, you call yourself
Freedom Air and even want to be associated
with such a name at this time with our American
Soldiers laying out their own blood so you can
call yourself Mesa(FREEDOM AIR). You guys sicken
me. You have lowered yourself to POND SCUM.
Or as the Random House College Dictionary defines
the word MESA "Having a flat top and steep walls"
Sounds like Frankenstien to me.
Just another frickin' monster.
I think the next best placement for a MOAB bomb
is Farmington N.M. (not on the people of Farmington,
just MESA's training ground).

As your Chief Pilot put out a memo to all pilots restricting
Skywest from jumpseating. Does this include, Southwest,
Air Tran, Jet Blue, and others not associated with ALPA.
Or does this just show what a "Knob Lips" your leader is.
And that your willing to follow in such a remorsefulness
manner.

Your pilot group will always be allowed to jumpseat on
my companies aircraft, however, let it be known, you
will hear my opinoin on what you have done to lower
the standards of our industry.

You must be proud of yourself's, I liken you to the personality
of Susan Sarandon and Sean Peen.

"Dead Man Walking"

Jetsnake

Dieterly said:
Funny how regional baby jet drivers are ripping MESA pilots for their new contract (which by the way got all CC air guys their jobs back), when your own contracts are just garbage, compared to AWA, JB, or even Airtran (won't mention your mainline partners) . Do you realize you are flying jets on mainline routes for peanuts, with little, or no benefits? So what if\MESA lowerd the bar a bit, you just got some taste of your own medecin

Flame bait....

Dieterly said:
Funny how regional baby jet drivers are ripping MESA pilots for their new contract (which by the way got all CC air guys their jobs back), when your own contracts are just garbage, compared to AWA, JB, or even Airtran (won't mention your mainline partners) . Do you realize you are flying jets on mainline routes for peanuts, with little, or no benefits? So what if\MESA lowerd the bar a bit, you just got some taste of your own medecin

Ok I'll bite. UMMMMMM Maybe because we have 50 seats and you have 150? Not sure maybe thats why. Hey do you really think we want to fly RJ's for the rest of our lives? No stupid, we want heavy metal, but 1/2 the mainline pilot groups just sell scope out the window. If some of the mainlines had half a brain they would embrace the RJ and bring them in and onto the list so that you could control them. You know managment is going to get their way anyway, so why not join your lists so that mainline pilots are flying those routes.

Basicaly shut your hole if you caved on scope. Except for the RJ defence nuts, we want to be scoped out so that RJ's do not grow like a weed and the mainline flying is preserved. Hence then WE move up the ranks.

i'll bite on this one too.

Dieterly said:

Yes we realize we are flying mainline routes for penuts. The thing is more and more of the mainline routs are going to the "baby jets" now a days and they will continue to go that way because it's cheaper. all these people that voted yes on that horrible contract think they are going to use the regionals as a stepping stone and go on to something better within the next few years better like having 8 days a month off on reserve because they aren't going to be going anywhere soon. These people dont realize that the regional level is where a lot of us are going to end our careers so we might as well start trying to make it a better place to work.

Later

Originally posted by Dieterly
"Funny how regional baby jet drivers are ripping MESA pilots for their new contract (which by the way got all CC air guys their jobs back), when your own contracts are just garbage, compared to AWA, JB, or even Airtran (won't mention your mainline partners) . Do you realize you are flying jets on mainline routes for peanuts, with little, or no benefits? So what if\MESA lowerd the bar a bit, you just got some taste of your own medecin "

America West? A contract that pays 757 captains slightly more than RJ rates?

Let me state this one more time...........they did not do CCAir any favors by bringing them in at 4yr. pay and benefits.Most I've talked to have 10yrs. or more hate Mesa and hate having to go to work there,but they know there is no other choice.They will make less flying RJ's than they did flying Dash-8's.I wish people would stop posting that they got CCAir back like that was a big plus,maybe for the bottom third but thats about it!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 4 year pay is higher than unemployment, right? Sounds to me like CCAir pilots are better off now...but what do I know?

I have a hypothetical question...

If ALPA would signed off on CCAir's last contract rather than letting them die, wouldn't that create a situation where Freedom wouldn't have existed, and the Mesa guys could have negotiated without having to fight the leverage of Freedom?

Between that whole dance and J4J, ALPA national is batting .1000 in my book.

So, ALPA national is doing everyone all sorts of favors...as long as they aren't pilots.

Dieterly said:
when your own contracts are just garbage, compared to AWA, JB, or even Airtran (won't mention your mainline partners) . Do you realize you are flying jets on mainline routes for peanuts, with little, or no benefits?
Ignore Dieterly, he's former Mesa pilot. He post's flame bait and when quesitioned on his former Mesa/regional Employment he disappears.

kevin_p said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but 4 year pay is higher than unemployment, right? Sounds to me like CCAir pilots are better off now...but what do I know?

Here's more good news kevin, when your dead you don't have to pay taxes!!!!

Last edited:
america west tops out at 115$ per hour at year 15 for the 757 captain, I dont hear anyone bitching about them.

The reason for all the concessions is the economy, stupid. Same thing is happening at American, United, USAirways, hawiaan, and many others. None of this is mesa's fault. it would happen even if we did nto exist.

I'm new here but I noticed the mesa guys taking a real beating. Bring me up to speed. I know they never went on strike. Did they get released from mediation? Were they even in mediation? Was the TA the first and only offer from mgt? How was it received at the roadshows? How did your MEC sell it?

we could not get a release, the mediator was an ass-kissing company sympathiser. we were in mediation for about 9 months. The TA was the FIRST counter offer or offer from management EVER. They only offered it and engaged with our MEC when they were certain Freedom could exist without mesa. The MEDC was told to accept the deal today. Tomorrow we will not discuss it or negotiate further. The roadshows' tone was this: this is the best deal we can get, it is the only deal, and if we turn it down JO will shut us down just like CCAIR.

The two loudest ass.holes in this forum are from air wisconsin. They dont seem to understand that an airline in mediation during the absolute zenith of the economy's boom times with plenty of strike leverage can get a better contract than us in the current times. Its the f.ucking economy stupid!!!
We had an alter-ego carrier that was taking our flying, in fact mesa was going to furlough 200 the next day. JO had a rent holiday lined up for the mesa jets, wehich would take 90 days to shift to freedom and midatlantic. he was going to do it.

Voting yes meant getting CCAIR back to work. The continued existence of mesa and air midwest. Removing the threat of freedom airlines. and INDUSRY LEADING IRON CLAD SCOPE.

Latest resources

Back