• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pairways said:
you all sound happy where you are...
which regional did yoy start at?

No Shame in my game, I started at Corporate Airlines dba/AA Conn. Flying a JS32.

hope that class doesn't start for a while. Enjoy the remaining few weeks of a good life while you can. 8 days off and no block or better is going to be hell on earth.

Jack Mehoff said:
Why are you always such a douche bag? U suck more the mesa does!
Go back to fly'n your MS flight sim and wish'n you were a real pilot

jerk off, relax this is the internet. Not real life so calm down big guy. I stick by my last comment. Dont be a whore dont work for mesa. Go somewhere else and bitch about mesa with the rest of the used and abused (well not as bad as mesa at least) aaaahahhaahah...

oh and yea, tell your mom to stop calling me all the time. Tell her it was just a one night deal, and I thought her fat gut was "cute"

one more thing to add. there has been many times in phl when a mesa pilot sees me looking at his ID and then we make eye contact and he looks away. I know he knows what we are both thinking. so once again shut up...

Last edited:
mnalpha said:
one more thing to add. there has been many times in phl when a mesa pilot sees me looking at his ID and then we make eye contact and he looks away. I know he knows what we are both thinking. so once again shut up...
Why are you checking IDs? You work for TSA (not the airline)?

i work for the RSFAJJ assosiation

regional sell out for a jet job assosiations

(and I have been drinking once again, so I am sure I will delete this crap tomorrow)

mnalpha said:
and then we make eye contact and he looks away. I know he knows what we are both thinking.

RJP said:
Why are you checking IDs? You work for TSA (not the airline)?
looks like he works for the GPA.

Last edited:
I don't look at ID's. You can tell who as Mesa pilot is simply by their uniforms.
Brown Leather coats, Mesa Athletic jackets, No hats, and no uniform coats.
They have no uniform standards.

Pairways, don’t listen to anyone here…you’re with a progressive outfit and enjoy building quality flight time. One thing no one can take away from you is that you’d be an airline pilot, flying turbine, and most likely you’d have the quickest upgrade than most of these guys who are stuck with airlines with longer upgrades. You, me, no one, or all of us collectively would NEVER be able to help them (folks like ‘mnalpha’) overcome their bitterness, exasperation, inferiority complex, and insecurity.

Not long ago one of my friends got hired by Mesa…he had the same dilemma whether to go to Mesa or ACA (back in 2002). Everyone was putting him down for working for Mesa, but he knew best. Went there, quick upgrade, now he’s with Jet Blue. Believe me no one cares who you fly for. Especially majors.

You see the venomous attitude on this board because all these pilots who have entered on the regional level from CFI jobs or no CFI jobs, suddenly start acting as the ‘know it all’ and as the Icons of the Airline Industry, presenting themselves as the ones with Morals and Values of all kind, especially about which airlines ‘they’ think everyone else should fly for.

Just do the research on this board and you’d see that the same person who couldn’t stop singing Comair praise, was putting it down not long ago. On the regional level my friend, well, think of it as a ‘stepping-stone’. Go where’s best for you, do the best job, learn as much, and in the end move on.

People like ‘mnalpha’ would be at every corner trying to put someone down. These are the people who have nothing positive to say about anything in their life and of course they think they got the ‘industry’ figured out. If you don’t work for the company they want you to work, then you’re no good.
I don’t know ‘it all’, but I sure know that you did a good job getting through the Mesa interview and being offered a job. Study hard, do well in training, and fly as much as you could. It is a good outfit as any…don’t get in to the politics of it all. Uniform doesn’t matter as much as your safe flying.

By the way, my friend who went to Jet Blue from Mesa once, while jump-seating, received a long lecture from a ACA J31 captain (early 2003) about his morality to work for Mesa. Well, about couple of months ago, it just so happened that the same ACA captain (who got furloughed and is now flying for a different regional as a F/O) wanted to jumpseat from BOS…and guess what…my friend was in the F/O seat for the Jet Blue plane…you can only imagine the ACA pilot’s expression. When my friend told his captain later on about his earlier encounter with the jump-seater, the captain said: "…you should’ve told me that." You know what my friends said to his captain. "…no, he has no class, but I do."

Good luck in your training!
Bunny

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back