• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

mesa upcoming classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll second the advice of not going to Mesa...and I work here/there. Don't be naive (like me!) and accept the first gig that's offered. I know that seems to be what everyone recommends, but trust me...it can be a VERY regrettable decision. I too was ready for a change from instructing, and understand how much of a driving force there is to getting on to something else. But, by all means, if you have competitive times to apply elsewhere, do yourself a favor and do so.

Yes, upgrade at Mesa may be less than the likes of ExpressJet, SkyWest, etc. But why is that? Because the turnover rate here at Mesa is mind-boggling! And although there are a few going on to bigger and better jobs here, the majority of that turnover rate are with the FO's. Trust me, it's hard to see myself leaving when I've accrued enough seniority to hold a decent line, and see myself upgrading within the year. But I really can't see myself being happy here, given the current situation. If it means that I have to start back on the bottom at another regional, I'm willing to make that sacrifice in order to improve my QOL (and be treated humanely, if that's possible)

I guess it depends on what your objective is. If you're willing to put up with constant abuse in hopes of a quick upgrade, then Mesa may be something to consider. However, if you really value your QOL now and in the foreseeable future, you may want to at least investigate other options. There may not be many options now to consider given the current state of the industry, but I'd personally rather sacrifice upgrade time versus having to work here. The best advice a few on this board give is to research a regional job as if it could be a career move. If you ask yourself that question, Mesa is certainly NOT your answer.

Now if only I would have thought of all this a year and a half ago :(

this is how your career at mesa will go

:angryfire <------------ Average Mesa PILOT
:laugh: <------------ Mesa Management at the pilots
:) <----------- Gullible Pilot during interview/ground school
:cool: <---------- Same pilot marveling at his super cool rainbow sticker and nike windbreaker jacket
:beer: <----------- Mesa Management partying their brains out every weekend realizing the pilot group is a bunch of suckers as they rake in the $$
:nuts: <---------- Average pilot going ballistic after they realize how much $$ they have lost due to no block or better in the east coast since they started
:angryfire <----------- Gullible pilot 3 years later
:mad: <----------- Passengers after a typical mesa flight wishing they never had to ride mesa again

Just remember your still building tube sock(RJ) PIC time, along with a few thousand other people trying to get what few slots are available at the "majors".What a model company it sounds like!:rolleyes:

mnalpha said:
jerk off, relax this is the internet. Not real life so calm down big guy. I stick by my last comment. Dont be a whore dont work for mesa. Go somewhere else and bitch about mesa with the rest of the used and abused (well not as bad as mesa at least) aaaahahhaahah...

oh and yea, tell your mom to stop calling me all the time. Tell her it was just a one night deal, and I thought her fat gut was "cute"

one more thing to add. there has been many times in phl when a mesa pilot sees me looking at his ID and then we make eye contact and he looks away. I know he knows what we are both thinking. so once again shut up...

Wow, you get a beer in ya and you become internet tough guy! I tell ya what azz clown, keep talk'n but you better watch your back. I ever see you checking out me at the airport I am gonna b!tch slap the mutha F'n taste out your mouth! I am sick of your panzy attempts to look cool. Face it you are a lil scrawny B!tch who is a right seat azz/prop jocky. The only way you get action is when you get your hand drunk enough to take advantage of it. You must be a fan of the "stranger"

Oh and one more thing, Why are you checking out pilots ID's you look'n for a date later on you MO!

Last edited:
RP170 everyone know's that JO is a criminal. His kids trade for him on the NYSE. He owns the insurance company that insures the Mesa Aircraft. No one is brainwashed. What I am saying, is most of the people that talk crap about Mesa's Pilots, happen to be the same people. As far as pay, Republics is not excatly an industry leader.

You obvisouly don't know anything about the Mesa contract. - Signed after 911 - You were probably still a student pilot, a lot of guys were furlowed - not a good for contract neg's. The criminal started Freedom (not to be confused with the Freedom @ MCO), & their was a lot more going on. A lot of guys voted no. Look at the pay scale - It's pretty good for the Sr guys who are all in ALPA. I don't think anyone blames pay on the CEO - most blame the Mesa ALPA group. But most blame the CEO for not following the contract. ALPA stance is grieve it.

RP did you know that most of the Mesa pilots payed into the Comair Strike fund? Eventually it will be Mesa's turn, I would hope that they would get your support

And Dash8301 don't blame your problems on Mesa. with 6000 hours I guessing your a Ca, its probably your attitude that won't allow you to leave Piedmont. I bet the FO's cant stand you. If i knew your name - I would check the list at my company.

Last edited:
Cloudroller,

Money is not everything. Mesa's pay may be close to everyone else's, With-in 9 to 10 bucks. But the QOL and work rules are awful. Why would you work for a company that you may work 6 hours, but you only get paid for 2. That doesn't even make since. You're working for NOTHING. Why would anyone want to go volunteer their time at work. 2nd. You get a max of 8 days off per month. 8 days to sleep in your own bed. Come on.
3rd, You can be junior maned on a consistent bases. Those are just to name a few.
The thing that doesn't make most people feel bad talking about Mesa is that 90% of their pilot group bashes Mesa themselves and has nothing good to say. That says something. Listen to Earl among others, they know the history of the company as do you. It's just not a good situation at Mesa.

Cloudroller said:
RP170 everyone know's that JO is a criminal. His kids trade for him on the NYSE. He owns the insurance company that insures the Mesa Aircraft. No one is brainwashed. What I am saying, is most of the people that talk crap about Mesa's Pilots, happen to be the same people. As far as pay, Republics is not excatly an industry leader.

You obvisouly don't know anything about the Mesa contract. - Signed after 911 - You were probably still a student pilot, a lot of guys were furlowed - not a good for contract neg's. The criminal started Freedom (not to be confused with the Freedom @ MCO), & their was a lot more going on. A lot of guys voted no. Look at the pay scale - It's pretty good for the Sr guys who are all in ALPA. I don't think anyone blames pay on the CEO - most blame the Mesa ALPA group. But most blame the CEO for not following the contract. ALPA stance is grieve it.

RP did you know that most of the Mesa pilots payed into the Comair Strike fund? Eventually it will be Mesa's turn, I would hope that they would get your support

And Dash8301 don't blame your problems on Mesa. with 6000 hours I guessing your a Ca, its probably your attitude that won't allow you to leave Piedmont. I bet the FO's cant stand you. If i knew your name - I would check the list at my company.

Yes I did know about Freedom and how you guys got suckered into signing the worst contract in the industry (which I still don't know how ALPA endorsed) because you thought you were going to lose all of your flying to them. JO played you like pawns and your pilot group fell for it. As far as Republic's contract goes it's not even comparable to what you guys have. The only companies that yours would be comparable to would be the regional turboprop operators and I'm sure some of those are even better. I hope you guys have some nads in 2007 and step up to the plate when your contract is up for renegotiation. I'm sure JO will pull some kind of scam between now and then though to screw it all up for you guys a second time. Yet again, it's never any of your own faults for choosing to work there and choosing to put up with the BS. It's always that darn CEO.

Last edited:
Just remember; He can't replace 2500 pilots (Or whatever) in 1 week, not even in 1 year. If you guys don't sign, then you'll have a strike vote. Unity

yeah first time I saw them (mesa crew) get on the Van I asked the CA who the hell are these wankers? The Van driver himself looked more professional. Don't get the wrong idea, I am sure their are professional guys at mesa but this crew looked like the verzion wireless nerd with his polyester jacket and his cloth material flight instructor bag with the headset hanging out.
Turbine time yes, but ask yourself if its worth it? ??? maybe but Like the capitol one credit card commerical says, "I'll we want for Christmas is our dignity"

Last edited:
RP170 said:
Yes I did know about Freedom and how you guys got suckered into signing the worst contract in the industry (which I still don't know how ALPA endorsed)

Dude, ALPA has been in bed with MESA management from the old days. I personally flew Randy Babbett into FMN several times and who was there to pick him up every time but Larry Risley. Rumor was he stayed at the Ris's home while there. Im sure things now with JO are no different. We were stuck with a contract that no one wanted back then too. The only thing you can do is build turbine and get the hell outta there as fast as you can.

wiggle your big toe...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back