mesa upcoming classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mnalpha said:
there has been many times in phl when a mesa pilot sees me looking at his ID and then we make eye contact and he looks away. I know he knows what we are both thinking.

Ya, he thinks your a clown, flying a Dash 8, making $24 bucks an hr who thinks he's better then he really is. In fact, you don't have to even see you in PHL to realize that. -Bean

FlyBunny said:
Pairways, don’t listen to anyone here…you’re with a progressive outfit and enjoy building quality flight time. One thing no one can take away from you is that you’d be an airline pilot, flying turbine, and most likely you’d have the quickest upgrade than most of these guys who are stuck with airlines with longer upgrades. You, me, no one, or all of us collectively would NEVER be able to help them (folks like ‘mnalpha’) overcome their bitterness, exasperation, inferiority complex, and insecurity.

Not long ago one of my friends got hired by Mesa…he had the same dilemma whether to go to Mesa or ACA (back in 2002). Everyone was putting him down for working for Mesa, but he knew best. Went there, quick upgrade, now he’s with Jet Blue. Believe me no one cares who you fly for. Especially majors.

You see the venomous attitude on this board because all these pilots who have entered on the regional level from CFI jobs or no CFI jobs, suddenly start acting as the ‘know it all’ and as the Icons of the Airline Industry, presenting themselves as the ones with Morals and Values of all kind, especially about which airlines ‘they’ think everyone else should fly for.

Just do the research on this board and you’d see that the same person who couldn’t stop singing Comair praise, was putting it down not long ago. On the regional level my friend, well, think of it as a ‘stepping-stone’. Go where’s best for you, do the best job, learn as much, and in the end move on.

People like ‘mnalpha’ would be at every corner trying to put someone down. These are the people who have nothing positive to say about anything in their life and of course they think they got the ‘industry’ figured out. If you don’t work for the company they want you to work, then you’re no good.
I don’t know ‘it all’, but I sure know that you did a good job getting through the Mesa interview and being offered a job. Study hard, do well in training, and fly as much as you could. It is a good outfit as any…don’t get in to the politics of it all. Uniform doesn’t matter as much as your safe flying.

By the way, my friend who went to Jet Blue from Mesa once, while jump-seating, received a long lecture from a ACA J31 captain (early 2003) about his morality to work for Mesa. Well, about couple of months ago, it just so happened that the same ACA captain (who got furloughed and is now flying for a different regional as a F/O) wanted to jumpseat from BOS…and guess what…my friend was in the F/O seat for the Jet Blue plane…you can only imagine the ACA pilot’s expression. When my friend told his captain later on about his earlier encounter with the jump-seater, the captain said: "…you should’ve told me that." You know what my friends said to his captain. "…no, he has no class, but I do."

Good luck in your training!
Bunny

That's pretty deep coming from a CFI. He definitely knows the industry and you should listen to him for sure.

I think the next class starts sometime in Jan. Pairways the flybunny is right most of the guy's that complain on this board are the same smucks that complain about everything else. Its pretty sad when guys these 4 years ago want to be your best friend, they you get furlowed. Do J4J end up at Mesa with many other J4J. All all they do is talk sh!t. RP170 - Do you ever have anything positive to say? It seems that you are a know it all.

RP170 said:
That's pretty deep coming from a CFI. He definitely knows the industry and you should listen to him for sure.
Ooh. You must be one of those super dorks who updates his hours and a/c flown in his flight info profile every other week. Good one Encyclopedia Brown. Couldn't be that in the last two years, he's moved on from being a CFI!

and Pairways - upgrade at mesa is fast. right now most jr jet ca is under 2 years, and its less for the turboprop. most guys went to HP and WN. of course that can change at anytime.

Last edited:
FlyBunny said:
Pairways, don’t listen to anyone here…you’re with a progressive outfit and enjoy building quality flight time. One thing no one can take away from you is that you’d be an airline pilot, flying turbine, and most likely you’d have the quickest upgrade than most of these guys who are stuck with airlines with longer upgrades. You, me, no one, or all of us collectively would NEVER be able to help them (folks like ‘mnalpha’) overcome their bitterness, exasperation, inferiority complex, and insecurity.

Not long ago one of my friends got hired by Mesa…he had the same dilemma whether to go to Mesa or ACA (back in 2002). Everyone was putting him down for working for Mesa, but he knew best. Went there, quick upgrade, now he’s with Jet Blue. Believe me no one cares who you fly for. Especially majors.

You see the venomous attitude on this board because all these pilots who have entered on the regional level from CFI jobs or no CFI jobs, suddenly start acting as the ‘know it all’ and as the Icons of the Airline Industry, presenting themselves as the ones with Morals and Values of all kind, especially about which airlines ‘they’ think everyone else should fly for.

Just do the research on this board and you’d see that the same person who couldn’t stop singing Comair praise, was putting it down not long ago. On the regional level my friend, well, think of it as a ‘stepping-stone’. Go where’s best for you, do the best job, learn as much, and in the end move on.

People like ‘mnalpha’ would be at every corner trying to put someone down. These are the people who have nothing positive to say about anything in their life and of course they think they got the ‘industry’ figured out. If you don’t work for the company they want you to work, then you’re no good.
I don’t know ‘it all’, but I sure know that you did a good job getting through the Mesa interview and being offered a job. Study hard, do well in training, and fly as much as you could. It is a good outfit as any…don’t get in to the politics of it all. Uniform doesn’t matter as much as your safe flying.

By the way, my friend who went to Jet Blue from Mesa once, while jump-seating, received a long lecture from a ACA J31 captain (early 2003) about his morality to work for Mesa. Well, about couple of months ago, it just so happened that the same ACA captain (who got furloughed and is now flying for a different regional as a F/O) wanted to jumpseat from BOS…and guess what…my friend was in the F/O seat for the Jet Blue plane…you can only imagine the ACA pilot’s expression. When my friend told his captain later on about his earlier encounter with the jump-seater, the captain said: "…you should’ve told me that." You know what my friends said to his captain. "…no, he has no class, but I do."

Good luck in your training!
Bunny

No Flybunny, that never really happened. Its actually a movie Mesa shows on the first day of ground school. Your quote on quote friend is played by Eric Roberts. It is true, at the end he does say "...no, he has no class, but I do." as he is oiling his leather bomber coat. I believe they are playing it on the lifetime network next month. Check it out, it's pretty good. Its called, "He has no class, but I do", I think he says it about 100 times during the movie.

Cloudroller said:
I think the next class starts sometime in Jan. Pairways the flybunny is right most of the guy's that complain on this board are the same smucks that complain about everything else. Its pretty sad when guys these 4 years ago want to be your best friend, they you get furlowed. Do J4J end up at Mesa with many other J4J. All all they do is talk sh!t. RP170 - Do you ever have anything positive to say? It seems that you are a know it all.

You will never hear one positive word come out of my mouth about Mesa. Your CEO has a criminal record and has been banned from trading on the NYSE before due to insider trading. Also committed anti-trust violations in his hostile take over attempt of ACA. Why should anyone have anything positive to say about a company that is run by a criminal? The problem is guys don't research these types of things before choosing to work at Mesa. Most of you guys act like you had no choice of where to work either and you just blame your poor pay and terrible work rules on your CEO. He must have all of you brainwashed.

Last edited:
Beantown said:
Ya, he thinks your a clown, flying a Dash 8, making $24 bucks an hr who thinks he's better then he really is. In fact, you don't have to even see you in PHL to realize that. -Bean

My 24.11 an hour my first year translated to better than 33 grand at PDT.

Peanuts! Yet it friggin' stomps over anything those arse clowns whore out for the first few... not to mention they're lining Johnny O's motorcycle shack.

Ask around, and find out how many regional pilots have jumped ship and went to work for Mesa. Then ask around and find out how many Mesa pilots have jumped ship to go work at other regional carriers. That should tell you something about what a pleasant place to work Mesa is. Do yourself a favor, and try to get on with a different company.

Beantown said:

Most of our FO's at PDT have been here a while and make more like $27 (2nd year) up to $35 (10 year) and that's after the conssionary agreement in 02. If we didn't have you MESA Whores out there we would propably be making sloser to $35 to $40 as FO's. That more than a MAG FAG Captain.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back