Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BlackPilot628 said:
Cloudroller,

Money is not everything. Mesa's pay may be close to everyone else's, With-in 9 to 10 bucks. But the QOL and work rules are awful. Why would you work for a company that you may work 6 hours, but you only get paid for 2. That doesn't even make since. You're working for NOTHING. Why would anyone want to go volunteer their time at work. 2nd. You get a max of 8 days off per month. 8 days to sleep in your own bed. Come on.
3rd, You can be junior maned on a consistent bases. Those are just to name a few.
The thing that doesn't make most people feel bad talking about Mesa is that 90% of their pilot group bashes Mesa themselves and has nothing good to say. That says something. Listen to Earl among others, they know the history of the company as do you. It's just not a good situation at Mesa.

I am proof. Ive been there 5 months coming from corporate flying. Ive already put in my 2 weeks notice to go fly lears 2 miles away from my house. QOL is more important, but you wont realize that until you start flying with Mesa. You'll see. BlackPilot is right. Understand the contract B4 you sign on. You can work 16 hour days and only get paid 3-4 hours....no duty rigs!! Get paid 1/2 for deadheading and get paid credit time for each leg flown.....not actual. So if you are delayed or have to hold....uh.... your not getting any extra money. Thats why Mesa stays in biz and can afford to lowball everyone else. Great Pilots/FA's that work there and the flyin is fun, but the politics and the contract are enough for me to get the hell out. Hey blackpilot how was RegionsAir? I probably would have been better off there if I would have taken that gig over Mesa. I took Mesa to be based in PHX, but that wont happen for over a year if you are a newhire. *uck that place and JO can lick the dribbles off my *ock after Im done shootin it on his wife. Cheap bastard!!!! Ok Ive vented now! Its OK to defend yourself as a flight instructor out there trying to even get an interview, but please do yourself a favor and just use Mesa as a training aid for airline interviews, but it will cost ya 50 bux to do so. LOL ha ha .... Ive never been so angry and depressed with any job, but Im going out of my mind here. good Luck to any of you suckas that will be starting at Mesa soon or are in training right now.

BlackPilot628 said:
Can I get a job at UZA?

Big surprise there, someone's retort to me would be a thinly veiled attempt at pointing out I'm only a lowly CFI. :rolleyes: (and who's to say I'm still a CFI?).

You guys keep on scrambling up everyone else's backs to get where you want, you may make it there, but you won't have anyone's respect. Guess that's only important to some of us these days.

Chautauqua Pilots Lecturing Mesa Pilots About Their Contract.

Now That Is Funny.

You Guys Fell For The Very Same Trick Jo Played On Them.

When Threatened With Republic, You Folded The Same As They Did.

This Board Is Funny.

goodpilotithink said:
Chautauqua Pilots Lecturing Mesa Pilots About Their Contract.

Now That Is Funny.

You Guys Fell For The Very Same Trick Jo Played On Them.

When Threatened With Republic, You Folded The Same As They Did.

This Board Is Funny.

I would encourage you to read Mesa contract and the read CHQ's. If you don't see a big difference; you my friend can't read.

UZAInstructor said:
Big surprise there, someone's retort to me would be a thinly veiled attempt at pointing out I'm only a lowly CFI. :rolleyes: (and who's to say I'm still a CFI?).

You guys keep on scrambling up everyone else's backs to get where you want, you may make it there, but you won't have anyone's respect. Guess that's only important to some of us these days.

You're reading into this way to much.
I live in the area and saw you were flying a King Air

Again, not defending Mesa here, but since they're one of the usual suspects getting blamed around here for the "demise of the industry", let me ask this:

Everyone has most likely researched and compared the wages of all regional carriers. Those that have will notice that there is little substantial difference between those labeled as "bottom feeders" versus "bar raisers". First year FO pay is within a couple bucks of one another, and varies by, what, $5-$10 bucks an hour as you progress? So, when the arguement that CHQ and Mesa pilots are "working for free", blah, blah, blah...aren't you ALL working for free then? I mean, seriously, it's not like ANY of you regional pilots are making NEAR the equivalent of what you SHOULD be making, so that argument is without ANY substantiation. As much as it hurts, you "bar raisers" may make more than the "bottom feeders", but we're talking such MINIMAL differences here that, in my opinion, an argument is without any substance.

I'll, once again, point to professions outside of aviation to make my point. Differences in salaries between the same positions at different companies are oftentimes measured in the THOUSANDS of dollars...not a couple bucks an hour. But I guess simply lying to yourselves helps you sleep better at night? You ALL get paid crap wages, but as long as you can justify that Mesa, CHQ, TSA, etc pilots are getting paid LESS...then maybe you can live with yourselves better? Is that it?

I get an absolute kick out of listening to people on this site try to differentiate themselves by saying they're superior to another. If there's EVER been an industry with more parody amongst its ranks, I'd like to see it. It's unfortunate that you all are playing right into managements hands on all this hatred and bickering.

I hope, for all your sakes, you wake up on this issue of hating one another, and this "holier than thou" attitude some of you have toward your bretheren. If not, you're in for....well....I'll just let you figure that one out.

FCC license? I went to the website and paid and all, but is there a way to get confirmation that one has been assigned? Or do I just have to wait for the $105 piece of paper in the mail. Think proof of payment will suffice for the interview?

Like all of us I wanted the uniform, to fly a cool jet as quick as possible, to feel equal to my friends, have hot chicks look at you during boarding while you flip switches and look cool, and all that other stuff

Latest resources

Back