• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa pilots don't want a pay raise!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
An Eagle pilot making a comment like that? That is absolutely laughable. Nobody in their (note: I wrote 'their' not 'there') right mind would sign a contract like the Eagle pilots did. Ohhhhhh....you weren't there during the negotiations of that "wonderful" Eagle contract? Hmmmm...neither were 80% of the Mesa pilots that you guys so eagerly bash. I was there during the signing of the "concessionary" contract that Mesa signed - it was disgusting, primarily because of the fact that we had to take a concessionary contract to merge those Freedom pukes back on the Mesa seniority list. It makes me sick to hear about you arrogant f*cks who think that their (again, 'their', not 'there') company is immune from some idiot like JO from ruining their quality of life by trying to introduce an alter-ego airline to skate around a current contract.

Mesa isn't a bad place (yes, I earned $109,724 in my last year at Mesa) if you know what type of management you're up against. It was incredibly educational to find out what bottom-feeder management exists out there, but it's not the pilot group's fault that they are overworked and underpaid - it has a lot to do with the fact that management (i.e., JO, the original egomaniac) has no concept of "legalities" and "doing the right thing."

At my current employer, I am tremendously grateful that they don't have the scumbag mentality that JO has, and that they look out for each employee's interests. I wouldn't appreciate that if I hadn't been through the "Mesa Experience" and been made aware of the morons that can exist at the head of an airline.

I take great offense to those arrogant knuckleheads who feel that Mesa is made up of a group of pushovers who can be shoved around at will and constantly denegrated - you are wrong. I have met some of the most hardworking, customer oriented people in my life at Mesa...it is management who keeps them from doing their jobs. Give it up on the Mesa-bashing...unless you are so diminuitively hung that you can't find somebody else to pick on.

Grow up...before I throw up...

Dead balls on target. -Bean

An Eagle pilot making a comment like that? That is absolutely laughable. Nobody in their (note: I wrote 'their' not 'there') right mind would sign a contract like the Eagle pilots did. Ohhhhhh....you weren't there during the negotiations of that "wonderful" Eagle contract? Hmmmm...neither were 80% of the Mesa pilots that you guys so eagerly bash. I was there during the signing of the "concessionary" contract that Mesa signed - it was disgusting, primarily because of the fact that we had to take a concessionary contract to merge those Freedom pukes back on the Mesa seniority list. It makes me sick to hear about you arrogant f*cks who think that their (again, 'their', not 'there') company is immune from some idiot like JO from ruining their quality of life by trying to introduce an alter-ego airline to skate around a current contract.

Mesa isn't a bad place (yes, I earned $109,724 in my last year at Mesa) if you know what type of management you're up against. It was incredibly educational to find out what bottom-feeder management exists out there, but it's not the pilot group's fault that they are overworked and underpaid - it has a lot to do with the fact that management (i.e., JO, the original egomaniac) has no concept of "legalities" and "doing the right thing."

At my current employer, I am tremendously grateful that they don't have the scumbag mentality that JO has, and that they look out for each employee's interests. I wouldn't appreciate that if I hadn't been through the "Mesa Experience" and been made aware of the morons that can exist at the head of an airline.

I take great offense to those arrogant knuckleheads who feel that Mesa is made up of a group of pushovers who can be shoved around at will and constantly denegrated - you are wrong. I have met some of the most hardworking, customer oriented people in my life at Mesa...it is management who keeps them from doing their jobs. Give it up on the Mesa-bashing...unless you are so diminuitively hung that you can't find somebody else to pick on.

Grow up...before I throw up...

So that is what stockholm syndrome is like then...... Very interesting. Yes the mesa pilots can be pushed around at will. They chose to work there and maybe even fork over a good 50 grand to their puppy farm MAPD. We should get some psych doctors over here. It could be a classic study about stockholm syndrome. Maybe some college students could run some tests and learn exactly what caused their stockholm syndrome.

IN OTHER WORDS, GOOD LUCK ON A BETTER CONTRACT !!!! I THINK I SPEAK FOR THE ENTIRE PILOT GROUP. WE DONT WANT A PAY RAISE !!!! WE WANT QOL, AND THAT DOESNT COST ANYTHING !

I thought folks might find this research report on Continental Express interesting. There is certainly a very important lesson to be learned here. With one of the higher cost structures in the industry resulting from an aging fleet, costly new pilot contract, major airline style corporate overhead, among other things, the company lost one third of all it’s flying (69 aircraft) when Continental exercised it’s right to terminate the flying. In addition, Continental has the right to terminate the remaining flying over the next two years. Faced with this dilemma the company is now attempting to find homes for these aircraft. If the company is unable to win additional business with major carriers because it can not compete effectively due to its high cost structure the situation could become very difficult. If COEX attempts to go down the “independent” path like the one chosen by Atlantic Coast Airlines (which ended up liquidated less than two years after the operation began) the situation could negatively impact Mesa - the COEX aircraft may well end up back on the market at lower lease rates (like the Atlantic Coast aircraft) making it more difficult for us to compete with our more expensive aircraft. All in all it appears this is not a very good situation – and only emphasizes how critical it is for us to maintain our ability to compete with low costs and efficient service. Have a nice weekend, Jonathan

QOL does count, but if you guys don't take a pay raise the industry will continue to hurt...Mesa started this whole mess, maybe you guys can redeem yourselves....

So that is what stockholm syndrome is like then...... Very interesting. Yes the mesa pilots can be pushed around at will. They chose to work there and maybe even fork over a good 50 grand to their puppy farm MAPD. We should get some psych doctors over here. It could be a classic study about stockholm syndrome. Maybe some college students could run some tests and learn exactly what caused their stockholm syndrome.

Stockholm Syndrome? What could this possibly have to do with "sympathizing with the captors?" Maybe you should check your research before using such big words. Nobody at Mesa sympathizes with management (i.e., the 'captors' for those of you out there who are having a hard time following the conversation) - quite the contrary. Nor is it a matter of feeling relief when the captors remove the threat of taking the hostages lives. It is called "making the best of things" when every Mesa pilot realizes they are not working with managers who are playing fairly. Yes, people who leave Mesa appreciate a reputable company much more when they leave, but why is that a bad thing?

So...which regional high-horse are you speaking from that would make you recommend "psychologists?" Move on. This is a worn-out topic.

Stockholm Syndrome? What could this possibly have to do with "sympathizing with the captors?" Maybe you should check your research before using such big words. Nobody at Mesa sympathizes with management (i.e., the 'captors' for those of you out there who are having a hard time following the conversation) - quite the contrary. Nor is it a matter of feeling relief when the captors remove the threat of taking the hostages lives. It is called "making the best of things" when every Mesa pilot realizes they are not working with managers who are playing fairly. Yes, people who leave Mesa appreciate a reputable company much more when they leave, but why is that a bad thing?

So...which regional high-horse are you speaking from that would make you recommend "psychologists?" Move on. This is a worn-out topic.

You yourself said its really not that bad of a place to work. The company is your captor. They have you by the tail. Instead of not going to work there people say oh well maybe it won't be that bad. Then everyone starts making excuses. Well the pilots are a good bunch etc etc. Bottom line is your sympathizing. Saying gee well the management isn't all that nice to us and our contract is terrible but its still not a bad place to work. To me that is sympathizing with the enemy and thus Stockholm Syndrome.

You yourself said its really not that bad of a place to work. The company is your captor. They have you by the tail. Instead of not going to work there people say oh well maybe it won't be that bad. Then everyone starts making excuses. Well the pilots are a good bunch etc etc. Bottom line is your sympathizing. Saying gee well the management isn't all that nice to us and our contract is terrible but its still not a bad place to work. To me that is sympathizing with the enemy and thus Stockholm Syndrome.

Well, again - you need to review what Stockholm Syndrome is about. I no longer work there, and I have a little better perspective on my experience at Mesa. I qualified the "not a bad place" comment by stating "If you know what you're up against." Did you forget that little part?

Yes - I sympathize with the pilots that are still there. As I do with the pilots that are at Skywest, by the way. Things seem to be falling apart a little over at your little camp, yet I sympathize with you as well. I didn't go into the commuters with any intention of staying there - it was a means to the end. So...you want Mesa pilots to give up their means to an end, "take one on the chin" for YOU and the INDUSTRY? Are you nuts? Why don't you have the maturity to stop criticizing those who chose to stay at Mesa and just take care of things over there at SKYW? Why is that type of condescension so important to you? Sounds like somebody else might need some "counseling."

Look - none of this would be any big deal if those who so arrogantly look down on Mesa pilots would take care of things in their own backyard first. SKYW isn't perfect by any means, and neither is Mesa. Newsflash? I think not. Do the best job you can, and keep it to yourself. Most Mesa pilots couldn't care less about your jabs - they're too busy trying to actually push on time after management, once again, short-staffed the ramp crew. Or didn't train the gate agent properly and they don't know how to close out the flight with a proper pax count...or the fuel truck hasn't even arrived yet...these are the daily frustrations of a Mesa pilot - not those of an arrogant bully of a SKYW (lol) pilots condescending remarks. Get over yourself.

QOL does count, but if you guys don't take a pay raise the industry will continue to hurt...Mesa started this whole mess, maybe you guys can redeem yourselves....

OK, once again RTFP. This guy isn't a mesa pilot. As for mesa starting this whole mess. I would love for you to expand pal. Seriously, which mess did we start.

Go pop another zit kid.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back