• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa pilots don't want a pay raise!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IN OTHER WORDS, GOOD LUCK ON A BETTER CONTRACT !!!! I THINK I SPEAK FOR THE ENTIRE PILOT GROUP. WE DONT WANT A PAY RAISE !!!! WE WANT QOL, AND THAT DOESNT COST ANYTHING !

I dont think that was the header of the letter. So yes, he is and idiot.

no it was a quote from mesahub.com dolt.

It was a quote from the dork who also put up JO's letter. Read on, nobody else says they don't want a raise and the guy who posted it wants more money too, just thinks it'll be easier to get with trip/duty rigs.

Pretty much every response flamed him for that no raise nonsense.

Likewise..good luck Mesa..I ride in your jumpseat a lot, good bunch of guys.

Can't believe what a crappy QOL you have, 8 days off on reserve, sleeping in the airplane on standups etc. Time to make a stand, the entire reigonal industry is watching.....

We finally have the leadership to do so. Thank you for your support!

Mesa! Well, I can honestly say that I hope they get a good contract! I have bashed them a butt load!
Sad when there last piece of crap contract (That didn't include, Block or Better, Min. Day or Rigs, Pay Protection....etc etc) passed! They talked big 5 years ago, only to see it pass by 84%!!
I do believe this is there last chance to gain any respectability in this industry!!
So with that said... Good Luck... Don't let us all down again!

I humbly submit that being reserve at Mesa is a uniquely bad experience. In fact, I've seen it deteroiate to an awful experience even during my tenure. To wit:

1. All reserve lines ONLY get 8 days off, NO EXCEPTIONS. Not too long ago, reserve lines were built with 10, 9, and 8 days off. Considering you could be on reserve for 1-2 years, at least your seniority would count for something. Now, it's 6 days on, 2 days off for your first 2 years . . . ..

2. All reserves are either FLYING every day or sitting READY RESERVE every day (see point 3). You are now a de facto "ad hoc" line holder, but with only 8 days off, instead of 10.

3. READY RESERVE: 10 hour sits at the airport, in uniform. Company never used RR before our most recent contract . . .now, it's daily, and it's not uncommon to have far more pilots at the airport than there are planes to actually fly.

4. Company will "steal" days off routinely (making sure there's a 24 hr clock break, of course), "pushing" your contract guarantee back to the end of the bid. It's not uncommon to work "reserve" 2+ weeks w/o a calendar day off, then get 4-5 days off at the tail of the bid.

IN SHORT: RESERVE AT MESA BLOWS MONKEY ASS

I am not a Mesa either! But you must be a new guy at your company! This is a seniority based profession!! Sorry dude, Reserve people get hosed!!! Don't worry, you won't be there forever!! Pay your Reserve days dues, get a line and you'll be alright!!

Last edited:
Simple Solution!! Fight for better work rules!!!

5 Years ago when you folks had all that growth, that contract was good enough for 84% of ya!!! Now your crying about the reserve at Mesa since all that growth has stopped!!! Lovely, Just Lovely!!!
You voted that piece of crap in....... Live with it and don't cry about it!!
Prove everyone wrong and get a new and better contract!!

Last edited:
Heard growth is slowing down there.

You heard wrong. It has stopped.

It seems like every time I am in the crew room I hear someone say this place ain't so bad. After I cool down I usually go over and ask them how long they have been here. The average answer is about 15 years. Folks reminisce about the days of getting paid by the mile and ALPA not taking 2%.

Trust me they are idiots. I did not fully understand work rules and stuff like that when I went to Mesa. I do now. The lessons we learn the best are the ones that cost us the most. As far as pay go to www.mesahub.com and chat with us. The battle cry has been fix it up or burn it down. Most of us know that we have a very long way to go contractually. I personally understand that Mesa becomes the whip that is used wipshaw other groups. Most of us want to improve pay and work rules. Trust me though; Jonnie is going to milk this crap tract for as long as he can. I am sure that he already has the legal gymnastics figured out of how to get around our scope clause and Mesa will continue to be a laughing stock.

How we ended up with this contract..... Well everyone has their own opinion but the fact is that we have it. When we open up negations who knows what will happen but most of us are ready to walk.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back