• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa pilots don't want a pay raise!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am not a Mesa either! But you must be a new guy at your company! This is a seniority based profession!! Sorry dude, Reserve people get hosed!!! Don't worry, you won't be there forever!! Pay your Reserve days dues, get a line and you'll be alright!!

You got it all wrong, ask the alg guy's, 15 years and still on reserve!!!

You got it all wrong, ask the alg guy's, 15 years and still on reserve!!!

How is that wrong? Its seniority based!!! Bottom line! Doesn't matter how many years you have been there! There is still people senior to you. They choose to be on reserve by there crew base....... Sorry, it sucks.... But thats how it works..

And who are ALG guys? Is that airline still operating?

How is that wrong? Its seniority based!!! Bottom line! Doesn't matter how many years you have been there! There is still people senior to you. They choose to be on reserve by there crew base....... Sorry, it sucks.... But thats how it works..

And who are ALG guys? Is that airline still operating?

Did you like it when you were on reserve? If the answer is no, then why wouldn't you work to change it? What could you possibly have against a reserve having an extra day off? Making the reserve rules better could help you out a bunch if the industry took another turn for the worse.

And no, I am not on reserve. I just try to leave things better than I found them.

As long as there are second class citizens at a company there will always be a natural divide for Management to exploit. In this case the second class citizens are not only reserve pilots, but First Officers. In my opinion ALL First Officer pay should be 60% of Captain's pay, and there should never be single pay scales. Right now Comair is trying to impose both on First Officers. Even if Captains wanted a deal, it would be difficult because the company is throwing half the pilot group under the bus. The only defense to this tactic is to stand together, but that is sometimes difficult because everyone has their own agenda, which management knows and takes advantage of (or is trying to at least).

Facts:

Few if any regionals are able to fill classes.

Actually, few if any regionals are having problems filling classes. One reason why mgmt will continue to prevail.

I'm not on reserve now, either. My point is 11 (or 12) days off should apply to everyone. Period. No exeptions. And, by the way, there are no new guys at Mesaba.

Last edited:
I am not a Mesa either! But you must be a new guy at your company! This is a seniority based profession!! Sorry dude, Reserve people get hosed!!! Don't worry, you won't be there forever!! Pay your Reserve days dues, get a line and you'll be alright!!

That is fine, jsut don't complain if junior guys vote away some perk of you senior guys to get an extra day off.

After all, it is a democracy.

We're going to need some help here guys.

So knock off the chidlish insults. Unless you're here to help, your not doing any good. Mesa pilots are aware of their situation, they live it day by day...

Good luck Mesa. I've made a few sophmoric jokes over the years about you guys, but I hope you get a fair contract!!!!!

I'll be following along.

Good luck Mesa. I've made a few sophmoric jokes over the years about you guys, but I hope you get a fair contract!!!!!

I'll be following along.

Likewise..good luck Mesa..I ride in your jumpseat a lot, good bunch of guys.

Can't believe what a crappy QOL you have, 8 days off on reserve, sleeping in the airplane on standups etc. Time to make a stand, the entire reigonal industry is watching.....

I'm not on reserve now, either. My point is 11 (or 12) days off should apply to everyone. Period. No exeptions. And, by the way, there are no new guys at Mesaba.

In the old days a reserve guy was likely to sit around on his @ss a lot, so the idea was that even with less official days off, he still had more effective days off than the minimum. That has changed as airlines are getting more agressive with crew utilization, so yeah the reserve guys should get the same as lineholders.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back