• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa pilots don't want a pay raise!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lets just say if I got hired at any airline and my only option was the B-1900 I would straight up turn it down. Not because im against turbo props but because QOL flat out sucks on the turbo props. I gotta look out for the intrests of me and my family. I suggest anyone else offered a B-1900 slot straight up turn it down unless they give you good reason to accept it.
Wow, probably the least informed opinion I have ever read on here.

And CitationLover-----Sox SUCK!!!

Why the vote of no confidence? Is your company losing money? Is there no growth? Have there been furloughs?

JO is an a$$hole, but he has demonstrated he can run a profitable airline, which is what you need if you want to stay employed.

Are you kidding?

Are you speaking from your extensive experience? :rolleyes:

Generally, the proptrash have better schedules and shorter reserve times because the seniority level is lower. That makes up for the job being slightly more difficult.

I know people who have worked on the plane. Fun to fly but the worst experience of their life. A lot of 1900 flying is doing EAS stuff. Not all but a good portion of it. This means living in crappy outstations, low pay even after first year, potential moving a lot due to change in EAS flying. I have a former student who was offered a job at mesa. They offered him a class in the 1900. I advised him to not even show up as he deserves to be treated better than that. Best advice I ever gave him he now works for a better place and didn't have to take all that abuse.

I am not against flying turboprops I am however against the way the 1900 pilots are treated. This is why I advise anyone who is given the B-1900 at any airline to not show up for class. The only way it would be profitable is if you can get a really fast upgrade. Honestly though where are you going to go with just 1000 hrs of 1900 PIC? It could happen but a long shot. Now flying the bigger turbo props like the dash or brasillia isn't nearly as bad. Unless were talking great lakes then its bad no matter what. I guess if you could get based where you live and not have to move the 1900 wouldn't be so bad. Other than that the abuse simply isn't worth it.

Honestly though where are you going to go with just 1000 hrs of 1900 PIC? It could happen but a long shot. Now flying the bigger turbo props like the dash or brasillia isn't nearly as bad. Unless were talking great lakes then its bad no matter what. I guess if you could get based where you live and not have to move the 1900 wouldn't be so bad. Other than that the abuse simply isn't worth it.

I think your a little off base. People get hired often with only turboprop PIC time----dash, beech, doesnt matter. The larger carriers are doing it, the overseas carriers are hiring guys with only turboprop PIC, not a longshot at all whatsoever, like you stated.

HelloNewman, you seem to be seriously misinformed. What type of work are you doing right now? The question is where couldnt you go with 1000 hours of 1900 PIC? If you get 1000 hours of PIC in the 1900 that means that you now have 1000 hours turbine PIC, and lets see you could pretty much go anywhere that is hiring and requiring 1000 turbine PIC.

Why the vote of no confidence? Is your company losing money? Is there no growth? Have there been furloughs?

JO is an a$$hole, but he has demonstrated he can run a profitable airline, which is what you need if you want to stay employed.

Profitable? Profitable? You knucklehead ! lol It is only profitable because we had a weak pilot group and a lame ass union handling the last contract. That means that while JO and the stockholders were making money, we (the pilot group responsible, not me) were applying for food stamps. We still have a lame union, but I bet you we won't take this one sitting on our hands ! This is a call to arms and our weapons should be a collective regional pilot effort banded together executing "pop-up" informational picketing, to say the least, to stop this abuse now. If it means I am on furlough, I will be more than happy to go.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back