• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa a Step Close to Vote on TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll believe it when I see it. Just early this year JO was quoted in saying he has one of the highest paid CRJ pilots and that attrition has gone down. If there is anything positive that comes out of this it's because of negative intent, that's the MESA way.

Well it doesn't take a rocket scientist for figure that out..... our Capt pay rates are not bad.. and yes attrition has slowed(BECAUSE NO ONE IS HIRING)

The TA wont make it past the MEC if QOL isnt greatly improved.

and Salukipilot.... I met Obama today. Super nice guy

I for one hope it doesnt get past MEC if it's not a 180-degree change in QOL for those guys. I dont know if it's just me but EVERY Mesa crew I have hung out with in IAD, or anywhere else, was awesome! Keep up the good fight guys, I'm with you!

Oh and when I get back to LA I want to work on the campaign if there are some openings!!!

Go O-08!

I for one hope it doesnt get past MEC if it's not a 180-degree change in QOL for those guys. I dont know if it's just me but EVERY Mesa crew I have hung out with in IAD, or anywhere else, was awesome! Keep up the good fight guys, I'm with you!

Oh and when I get back to LA I want to work on the campaign if there are some openings!!!

Go O-08!

I really doubt Obama needs your help in CA.... Unless you're talking bout Louisiana.

I really doubt Obama needs your help in CA.... Unless you're talking bout Louisiana.

Yeah back in Cali.....Just want to be part of the team dawg....just part of the team!

You were once a negotiator, so you should understand the "position" game. Afterall, someone brought us a self-seving "pay for training" program when it was not even on the table at the end--never mind that someone sacrificed pay rates to get it!

This is the problem with you ALPA cheerleaders.....You tell lies long enough and they become the truth...

You do realize that the PFT reimbursement was already in the first TA.....the one I didn't have anything to do with?

It was increased in TA2 because the cards we sent out showed that it was important....and payrates were not sacrificed....where do you get this crap from?

Mesa - we are looking for you as a group to start the trend back upwards.

God speed......

For those of you surprised that Mesa's negotiations are moving so quickly you need to consider that there have been a series of very public embarrassments in the last year for Mesa Air Group....not the least of which was the "Worst CEO" write-in campaign on CNBC was it?

I'm certain that the board is tired of this $#i+. There is NO DOUBT that they know full well that they have to resolve their labor issues if their stock is ever gonna be of any value again. There is no doubt that they are puttiing serious pressure on JO to make this work.

The second factor is the US Airways contract. Parker knows all about Mesa's labor issues and is monitoring this situation very closely. The board (and JO) no doubt realize that they have to get their house in order otherwise they lose their biggest customer and no doubt their company.

I'd submit that these small victories are not the result of a skillful negotiating team or a unified and pissed off pilot group but these other factors.

These issues should be a starting point in the negotiations. Quite frankly, a potted plant could have negotiated these things. If the Mesa pilot group's team has any ability, they should be able to get more.

Now, I'm sitting in the cheap seats here, so take it for what it's worth...but what I say makes sense, and the MAG pilots need to do a better job of taking advantage of the pressure being placed on JO.

Latest resources

Back