• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa a Step Close to Vote on TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Based on what, their previous track record?

This is a totally new negotiating committee. The MEC has had a big face lift since the last signing. The negotiating committee consist of actual line pilots who have taken the abuse that management has handed down. They know the horrors of a sub standard contract.

flyboyike,

Their previous track record? Are you speaking of those that negotiated our current contract? Do you really believe this is the same negotiating comittee, or that we are in the same circumstances as we were during the last round of negotiations (Do some research if you have no clue what I'm talking about). Any pilot here at MAG will tell you that they will be voting NO without an increase in min days off.

pdub u beat me to it

Ive come to the realization that no matter how good of a contract we get, these idiots on FI are always gonna have some smug Sh*T to say. Even if we had a "UPS like" contract.

Ive come to the realization that no matter how good of a contract we get, these idiots on FI are always gonna have some smug Sh*T to say. Even if we had a "UPS like" contract.

Well, it certainly won't be me. Believe me, I've walked WAY more than a mile in Mesa pilot's shoes, and any improvement you get will be well deserved.

That said, I'm concerned that your MEC may simply not have a big enough vision, because for most of them, I suspect Mesa is pretty much all they've known. If (IF!) they're focusing on pay, they're missing the point. Mesa needs to be an enjoyable place to work, and since your management treats you like total crap, that means very specific and inviolate work rules.

Trust me . . . it is so much better on the outside, you won't believe it until you get here. Personally, I'd just throw away the pay rate page of Mesa's contract and look at everything else.

For god's sake, don't be afraid to vote down a sub-par contract. A credible strike threat is the only leverage your CEO understands anyway, and frankly, he doesn't believe your pilot group has the guts.

Given how terrible Mesa's contract is, can anybody really fault them for voting in something that increases their QOL?

I know everybody wants to hold out for the home run, but there's a time and place. If you can get positive gains in an agreement and fix some problems, go for it.

Let's be honest here, if they vote it down, it's probably going to take another 6-12 months before they have anything else to vote on. That would put them halfway through their next contract!

Given how terrible Mesa's contract is, can anybody really fault them for voting in something that increases their QOL?

I know everybody wants to hold out for the home run, but there's a time and place. If you can get positive gains in an agreement and fix some problems, go for it.

Let's be honest here, if they vote it down, it's probably going to take another 6-12 months before they have anything else to vote on. That would put them halfway through their next contract!

.....singing a different tune now Sweptback....that isn't the tough language I heard with us at ASA....

You don't mind our competition undercutting us....but you wanted us to raise the bar......

What happened to the tough talk?

.....singing a different tune now Sweptback....that isn't the tough language I heard with us at ASA....

You don't mind our competition undercutting us....but you wanted us to raise the bar......

What happened to the tough talk?

I agree, and I figured somebody would call me on it. But I'm a realist. There's a time and place.

1. The economy is crap right now. One or two years ago it was a totally different story.

2. Mesa as a company is underperforming. SkyWest was and is making close to $200 million a year. Mesa is nowhere near that, and their existence as a company in a few years is in doubt.

That being said, the Mesa pilot have been dumped on for several years now. This TA will be nowhere close to what they expect, and if they want to hold out for something better, I fully support that.

Given the current state of the entire US airline industry I think even moderate gains in any contract right now would be something short of incredible. I think Soverytired is right, put most of your focus on work rules and such and put pay to the back burner *for now*. The one thing that I'd personally not give way on is the min days off you guys get. You HAVE to get 12 and 10, don't settle for anything less than that.

Just my .02 worth

SLC
:cool:

Latest resources

Back