• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa a Step Close to Vote on TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...not the least of which was the "Worst CEO" write-in campaign on CNBC was it?

I'm certain that the board is tired of this $#i+.

Like it or not, the board is controlled by J.O. and they support his decisions.

The second factor is the US Airways contract. Parker knows all about Mesa's labor issues and is monitoring this situation very closely. The board (and JO) no doubt realize that they have to get their house in order otherwise they lose their biggest customer and no doubt their company.

Parker is certainly a master of labor relations. His company is about as messed up as Mesa's and almost as likely to be in Chapter 11 this year or next. Also, there is no requirement in the Airways contract that an agreement be in place anytime soon.

... If the Mesa pilot group's team has any ability, they should be able to get more.
... the MAG pilots need to do a better job of taking advantage of the pressure being placed on JO.

Better than what? You don't even know what's been agreed to. Any airline pilot group that has been through a bankruptcy (or a looming one) can tell you what kind of 'pressure' they can put on a company that is unable to pay its obligations.

What do you think they could have gotten that they didn't?

JO just might give everything to MAG ALPA that they want, and then take the company into bankruptcy and take it all away again... you'll be right where you started, or worse.

JO just might give everything to MAG ALPA that they want, and then take the company into bankruptcy and take it all away again... you'll be right where you started, or worse.

At least they would have a claim in bankruptcy court if they went into it with a contract that was worth something. Both Mesaba and Comair did quite well in bankruptcy payouts. I believe in both cases they got more money out than they had to concede.

Our first bankruptcy, we lost our A-plan and took 24% paycuts. The second bankruptcy 2 years after exiting the first one, company shut down.

That's quite an enthusiastic view you have, but it doesn't quite work out like that all the time.

At least they would have a claim in bankruptcy court if they went into it with a contract that was worth something. Both Mesaba and Comair did quite well in bankruptcy payouts. I believe in both cases they got more money out than they had to concede.

Trust me, we didn't do well. I would take our pre-bk contract and give back the bk claim...not to mention bk was an all around crappy experience.

Our first bankruptcy, we lost our A-plan and took 24% paycuts. The second bankruptcy 2 years after exiting the first one, company shut down.

That's quite an enthusiastic view you have, but it doesn't quite work out like that all the time.

I think you missed the point. The point was that by going into bankruptcy with a more lucrative contract you stand to come out on the other side (assuming you come out) in better shape. Going into bankruptcy with a sh*tty contract only guarantees that you will come out with the same and be no better off for it.

Trust me, we didn't do well. I would take our pre-bk contract and give back the bk claim...not to mention bk was an all around crappy experience.

Weren't you on furlough? Non-active pilots didn't come out so well as they were, to some degree, thrown under the bus. Many XJ pilots came out with more cash in their pockets via the payout than they gave up in pay rate concessions though (only because of the snapbacks though).

Weren't you on furlough? Non-active pilots didn't come out so well as they were, to some degree, thrown under the bus. Many XJ pilots came out with more cash in their pockets via the payout than they gave up in pay rate concessions though (only because of the snapbacks though).

No I was not, we furloughed 120ish pilots and they were all recalled within 90 days, we actually hired throughout the rest of the BK. Everyone got some kinda payout from the BK claim. So I wouldn't called them thrown under the bus.

I know a couple new-hires that got approx 14k (was there less than 6 months) from the payout and they had there 2 week notice in already. So for them, yea I guess they got a pretty good deal.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back