• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

McCain Hates Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you frickin kidding me? That is such an assanine statement. This guy paid about as a high a price as any soldier can pay for this country. He actually stayed in Hanoi an extra three years instead of accepting an early out because of who his Dad was. All this to keep faith with his fellow POW's. Do your homework. The fire on the Forrestal was in no way his fault.

How can a President be "anti-pilot". Do you believe this is an actual campaign platform?

Everything you said is 100% true.

None of what you said makes him a good politician, ditchdigger, gynecologist, etc. He's a war hero. He has made many, many anti-pilot public comments. He has introduced anti-labor legislation during his tenure. These are facts.

Just because he was a POW with honor does not in and of itself qualify him to do any other job. The real irony is that the only thing he's really been professionally trained to do is fly airplanes.

PIPE

I will not take away anything from anyone that has suffered as a result of serving in the military. However, that doesn't mean that they are not a jerk, corrupt, incompetent, greedy, or just wrong. Perhaps McCain enjoyed his bamboo box so much that he thinks that all airline pilots should have to live in one.

I don't think Sen. McCain realizes that not all of us have been able to marry an heiress, unlike someone we know.

You will find quite a few career officers that loathe airline pilots. Whether its jealously or just a different career decision, many resent the guys who bailed at 6, 10, or 15 years and went out and were success at the airline life.

Throw that mix and add some power as a politician...and...well...it can be bad.

I like John McCain--except for this issue. I think John Kerry and Obama and Hillary could all care less about me either, however. I'm looking for a strong foreign policy president that doesn't hate unions or collective bargaining, and might just think twice before opening the doors to 100% free trade without considering some of the ramifications for American workers.

Anybody got a name? I'm still searching...

Great post.

I have heard the same rumour.
There are 2 McCains on the AA seniority list, one is a DFW MD80 capt, one is a New York 777FO.
The AA pilot you speak of is married to McCain's daughter - making him McCain's son in law. Pretty sure he's an FO.

I thought his son was at SWA.....

And his wife was an F/A, right?

I think and hope it's Obama vs. Gulianni. Two completely new people instead of Clinton or McCain. Scary thing is I think it will be one of those 4...so pick your poison. There might be way better candidates but I doubt they will have the recognition these 4 have. I would rather have Obama any day over Hillary...or Gulianni over McCain.

Actually, he probably frets about never making admiral... Flew with a 757
captain, now retired, who said when the senator was shot down the mood on their carrier was upbeat. He also said he was happy he did not have him for an IP because all the senator did was scream at his students.

You are assuredly correct. Actually I flew a few years ago with a former PanAm pilot who was on the flight deck with McCain when the Forrestal blew up and knew him very well on a first name basis...and vouched for the fact that he was a complete a**hole in the Navy. He even told me the specific nickname that they called him at the training command (where he was not well liked) and the fact that he was abusive to his DC staff.

I'm not saying McCain is a good guy. I am just saying I am amused by the frequent "group think" mentality that can dominate a message board, as in "McCain hates pilots (true enough)...therefore he is jealous of us and only hates us because he never got hired by a major."

You will find quite a few career officers that loathe airline pilots. Whether its jealously or just a different career decision, many resent the guys who bailed at 6, 10, or 15 years and went out and were success at the airline life.

Throw that mix and add some power as a politician...and...well...it can be bad.

I like John McCain--except for this issue. I think John Kerry and Obama and Hillary could all care less about me either, however. I'm looking for a strong foreign policy president that doesn't hate unions or collective bargaining, and might just think twice before opening the doors to 100% free trade without considering some of the ramifications for American workers.

Anybody got a name? I'm still searching...

Yes,

Colin Powell.....oh wait he's not running. Never mind.

Latest resources

Back