• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

McCain Hates Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whats really crazy is McCain's kid is an AA pilot. Seriously.

Yeah, but rumour has it, that he doesn't like daddy either!

I was behind McCain in IAD circa 99-00' about the time of the AMR sickout. He sees me, looks me up and down, and asks with a smirk 'Are you going to work this month?' I told him 'That was American. I see your leaving Washington, I guess youre not working this month.'

Guys arrogant #rick. Id never vote for him. yes he hates pilots esp any that havent done time in the hanoi hilton like him.

McCain just doesn't like pilots anymore. He is probably bitter because he is the only American aviatior that almost sunk an American carrier and that was shot down over Vietnam. With a record like that, would you ever want anyone to know that you were a pilot?:nuts:

"To satisfy personal greed." This is what one of the "Keating 5" members had to say. It doesn't get any better. Back in the late 80's, when federal regulators were closing in on Lincoln Savings and Loan, the Keating 5 (Sens. McCain, Cranston, DeConcini, Glenn and Reigle) forced them to back off in exchange for over $1.3 million in campaign and other contributions from Lincoln. By the time regulators were forced to act, John Q. Taxpayer had to cough up $2.5 billion in taxpayer dollars. So, for McCain to say this leads me to believe he was getting a kickback behind some closed door. Nonetheless, I would still never vote for Mrs Bill Clinton.

McCain will make it difficult for pilots if he wins presidency. He has already stated that since we fly American commerce and goods (including mail) that we are public servants and "SHOULD NOT" have the right to strike. I would vote for Hilary if it came down to those two. Any pilot that would vote for him is obviously anti-labor themselves. Im sick of seeing our jobs sent overseas for someone else to do it for pennies. Before anyone starts with "well we are in a global economy" let me tell you this. We will never be able to compete with the third world countries unless you ready to sell your house, car, and live 10 to a bedroom.

I voted Dem. and I will do it again. Ive only known of a few Republicans that have been pro-labor. Im all for keeping Americans working.

First off, don't forget that McCain is one of the "KEATING FIVE".

Second, Don't forget that he is about as Moderate as Republicans come these days.

Remember when Republicans stood for things like keeping the Government out of your Personal Liberties and Fiscal Responsibility?
I do.
Now they are supporting the most oppressive form of government in America since the Pilgrims. They want to tell you who you can marry, who's child you should have, what you should be able to see on TV (gasp! a Nipple!) (Yes, it's Colin Powell's son at the helm of the FCC), and even if you should be allowed to die (Terry Shivo).
Look the national debt. So high and getting deeper than ever. Only a couple of years since (don't say it!) Bill Clinton balanced the budget. Where is the fiscal resposibility?

Remember when they set aside public lands to be National Parks and that reinforcing the National Infastructure was important?

Remember when they said that the establishement of a military-industrial compelx was something to be feared? (Do a search of Eisenhower's speeches and compare/contrast to the influence that Halliburton, etc... have)

Remember when the President who sent thousands to their death in foreign combat actually showed up for their service obligation?

Remember when the people in charge actually had a concept of what it is to be a soldier. Rumsfeld - Never Served. Cheney - (six?) deferrments.
W., the functional retard who recieved the No-Cavities at award from the dentist while keeping Texas safe from the Viet-Cong.

Any servicemen who think that having a Big Shot Daddy won't get you the Elvis treatment, feel free to tell me that not showing up for your service is a quality you look for in a leader.
By the way, the Connecticut born and raised, New England Prep School/Yale/Harvard Cheerleader is as far from a 'Texan' as I've ever seen..

Do some research on the Presidencies and Writings of Teddy Rooseveldt and Eisenhower, and you will see a reflection of your ideals.

I love the Republican Ideals. These guys are not it. What we currently have is a blend of an Theocracy and Corprocracy.

Seriously, I'm not some conspiricy kook that thinks the moon landing took place on a soundstage, but come on... Halliburton is at record profits while a 'former' executive (stockholder) is the vice president with influence on who gets awarded 'no bid' reconstruction contracts? Oil dynasty Fortunate Son is president while Exxon enjoys the HIGHEST PROFITS OF ANY CORPORATION IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD (while we pay more for gas than ever in the history of the world, by the way). Does anyone with a single breath of sense think these facts aren't related?

Put aside the petty party line politics and look at the facts! Would you sit by and let John Kerry award billion dollar, no-bid, contracts to supply Iraq with Heinz Ketchup?

You will find quite a few career officers that loathe airline pilots. Whether its jealously or just a different career decision, many resent the guys who bailed at 6, 10, or 15 years and went out and were success at the airline life.

Throw that mix and add some power as a politician...and...well...it can be bad.

I like John McCain--except for this issue. I think John Kerry and Obama and Hillary could all care less about me either, however. I'm looking for a strong foreign policy president that doesn't hate unions or collective bargaining, and might just think twice before opening the doors to 100% free trade without considering some of the ramifications for American workers.

Anybody got a name? I'm still searching...

http://www.teamtancredo.com/issues.php

First off, don't forget that McCain is one of the "KEATING FIVE".

Second, Don't forget that he is about as Moderate as Republicans come these days.

Remember when Republicans stood for things like keeping the Government out of your Personal Liberties and Fiscal Responsibility?
I do.
Now they are supporting the most oppressive form of government in America since the Pilgrims. They want to tell you who you can marry, who's child you should have, what you should be able to see on TV (gasp! a Nipple!) (Yes, it's Colin Powell's son at the helm of the FCC), and even if you should be allowed to die (Terry Shivo).
Look the national debt. So high and getting deeper than ever. Only a couple of years since (don't say it!) Bill Clinton balanced the budget. Where is the fiscal resposibility?

Remember when they set aside public lands to be National Parks and that reinforcing the National Infastructure was important?

Remember when they said that the establishement of a military-industrial compelx was something to be feared? (Do a search of Eisenhower's speeches and compare/contrast to the influence that Halliburton, etc... have)

Remember when the President who sent thousands to their death in foreign combat actually showed up for their service obligation?

Remember when the people in charge actually had a concept of what it is to be a soldier. Rumsfeld - Never Served. Cheney - (six?) deferrments.
W., the functional retard who recieved the No-Cavities at award from the dentist while keeping Texas safe from the Viet-Cong.

Any servicemen who think that having a Big Shot Daddy won't get you the Elvis treatment, feel free to tell me that not showing up for your service is a quality you look for in a leader.
By the way, the Connecticut born and raised, New England Prep School/Yale/Harvard Cheerleader is as far from a 'Texan' as I've ever seen..

Do some research on the Presidencies and Writings of Teddy Rooseveldt and Eisenhower, and you will see a reflection of your ideals.

I love the Republican Ideals. These guys are not it. What we currently have is a blend of an Theocracy and Corprocracy.

Seriously, I'm not some conspiricy kook that thinks the moon landing took place on a soundstage, but come on... Halliburton is at record profits while a 'former' executive (stockholder) is the vice president with influence on who gets awarded 'no bid' reconstruction contracts? Oil dynasty Fortunate Son is president while Exxon enjoys the HIGHEST PROFITS OF ANY CORPORATION IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD (while we pay more for gas than ever in the history of the world, by the way). Does anyone with a single breath of sense think these facts aren't related?

Put aside the petty party line politics and look at the facts! Would you sit by and let John Kerry award billion dollar, no-bid, contracts to supply Iraq with Heinz Ketchup?

Nice liberal rant...for some strange reason I thought this thread was aimed at McCain and his viewpoint towards pilots, now how you "perceive" the Republicans failing you and Halliburton's business methods. Just curious, when do you plan on voting for Hillary?

I don't plan on voting for Hillary.

If you actually read what I wrote, you will see I advocate the stated Republican Ideals, I just don't belive the current party leadership is concerned with them in the least.

Please tell me how my admiration of Eisenhower and Rooseveldt (both Republican, by the way!) translates to an endoresement for Hillary or somehow constitutes a "liberal rant." Also, please inform me if any of the facts I have stated are wrong.

Turn off the Fox News and think for yourself.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back