McCain Hates Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think he's personally envious he never made it to the "big time" in aviation

Right....the guy is a senator, possible president (for good or ill) is known by name by millions (again, for good or ill) but all he frets about all day is "darn it, I never got hired by United!"

It is always amusing reading these message boards...they are nothing more than the same dudes telling each other (over and over and over) what they want to hear...

Right....the guy is a senator, possible president (for good or ill) is known by name by millions (again, for good or ill) but all he frets about all day is "darn it, I never got hired by United!"

It is always amusing reading these message boards...they are nothing more than the same dudes telling each other (over and over and over) what they want to hear...
Whatever makes you feel happy there, genius.

Someone can harbor resentment, even if their present position is better than what they would have had.

After meeting the guy in person several times, I stick by my belief.

Have YOU ever been around McCain for hours at a time?

Didn't think so.

God bless him for his service and sacrifice, that goes for any military personel who have served or in service, Especially those who were POW's.

But McCain in Nucking Futz!

Actually, he probably frets about never making admiral... Flew with a 757
captain, now retired, who said when the senator was shot down the mood on their carrier was upbeat. He also said he was happy he did not have him for an IP because all the senator did was scream at his students.

God bless him for his service and sacrifice, that goes for any military personel who have served or in service, Especially those who were POW's.

But McCain in Nucking Futz!

With you on that one,God bless him ,sincerely, but no way would I ever vote for him. I really wish Jimmy Webb was running.

I always thought this was because the APA is not an AFL-CIO affiliate union and as such didn't contribute to his campaign. He didn't seem to have a problem letting other airline unions strike during his presidency, just the ones that didn't contribute.

Quite the 'republican' move on his part if you think about it.

I'm not sure I understand your point. Clinton had two options:

1) He could allow the strike despite any lack of financial contributions to him or Democrats in general. This would demonstrate a consistency in his views on organized labor. OR...

2) He could punish us because we did not pony up the cash.

Option 2 is what he went with, and is completely consistent with his style of leadership, and his moral and ethical viewpoint, i.e. cash is king, money talks, B.S. walks, etc etc.

You will find quite a few career officers that loathe airline pilots. Whether its jealously or just a different career decision, many resent the guys who bailed at 6, 10, or 15 years and went out and were success at the airline life.

Throw that mix and add some power as a politician...and...well...it can be bad.

I like John McCain--except for this issue. I think John Kerry and Obama and Hillary could all care less about me either, however. I'm looking for a strong foreign policy president that doesn't hate unions or collective bargaining, and might just think twice before opening the doors to 100% free trade without considering some of the ramifications for American workers.

Anybody got a name? I'm still searching...

Funny Albie - I TOTALLY agree...scary....maybe it's the Gulf water that does it to us..:)
I don't think we will find a candidate like that as the parties won't support someone who is leaning towards the center.....and no independents have enough backing to win!!

I will say it again,James Webb for Pres.,if not in '08,then '12 for sure.

Funny Albie - I TOTALLY agree...scary....maybe it's the Gulf water that does it to us..:)
I don't think we will find a candidate like that as the parties won't support someone who is leaning towards the center.....and no independents have enough backing to win!!

agreed 100%.

Sad that the 'leadership' of both parties is going to force most of us to decide who to vote against rather than vote for.

Latest resources

Back