March 2013 AT 737 Capt ($168.16 hr)
88.5 credit hours
15 days off (31 day month)
Take home: $ 9,445.72

August 2013 SWA 737 FO ($132.50 hr)
99.95 TFP
17 Days off (31 day month)
Take home: $ 8,735.35

Take out the $400.00 health care/mo savings and its pretty much a wash...

Some of the former AT guys are having a hell of a time flying our -300s. Poor dudes.

March 2013 AT 737 Capt ($168.16 hr)
88.5 credit hours
15 days off (31 day month)
Take home: $ 9,445.72

August 2013 SWA 737 FO ($132.50 hr)
99.95 TFP
17 Days off (31 day month)
Take home: $ 8,735.35

Take out the $400.00 health care/mo savings and its pretty much a wash...

Our health insurance is about the same cost as yours.... And it's better coverage.... And if you read his post again, he already factored that in... That's what "take-home pay" means.

Some of the former AT guys are having a hell of a time flying our -300s. Poor dudes.

I'm sure it's a breeze compared to our DC9's, which had no FMS, no HSI, and no HUD. Throw in an MEL'd cabin pressurization controller, and you'd be begging for a 300. :D

Last edited:

Do you REALLY want to trot out Pilot Flying skills?

Really? I ask... because it appears you have some Pilots that have had issues flying BOTH -300's and -700's.

I can certainly post links to 2 SWA accidents in which Pilot ERROR was specifically listed in the VERY FIRST sentence of the Probable Cause of BOTH accidents. I can also post links the a most recent accident of a -700 in which the aircraft landed NOSE FIRST after the CA took control at a very low altitude.

There but for the grace of god go I... and all of us. These accidents PROVE NOTHING about the flying skils of an entire Pilot group.... period. I bring it up to simply offset your comment about AirTran Pilots... regardless how you may try to "spin" what you posted. Believe me... we all know exactly what your intent was.

Seriously.... hands down..... SWA is an INCREDIBLY safe airline with very GOOD Pilots of all skillsets. By the same token.... the same can be said of AirTran Pilots.

AirTran has been a 100% glass cockpit carrier since 2002. For over 11 years most Pilots have been flying glass... and many have been flying left seat in a different airplane. Even with that said.... I am willing to BET that the learning curve between the AirTran Transition Pilots and ANY SWA new hire of similar transition is pretty close to the same metric.

As far as AirTran Pilots getting used to the -300 on the line, I absolutely would expect that to be the case. So.... why not just help them along in their first few months flying the -300.... and try to keep your ego in check rather than find yet "ANOTHER" something to rile all the AirTran haters and disparage the AirTran Pilots anonymously online.

Some of you people here need to have your medicals revoked for psychological issues. All of this name calling disparaging arguing and anonymous hatred is not "normal" emotional maturity....

Uh Malcom, the SWA guys are defending themselves, take Ty's BS response:

"Our health insurance is about the same cost as yours.... And it's better coverage.... And if you read his post again, he already factored that in... That's what "take-home pay" means."

http://forums.flightinfo.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2429914Of course the health insurance is better at AAI, everything is right? Hey a former FAT told me the monthly deductible was $400+ for Health Ins and at SWA it's half that...SWA folks on here are responding to the BS put out by the AAI mob...and it is true a 717 guy has to adjust to the 737 energy management

Latest resources

Back