• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MaxBlast feeling the LUV!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
-9Capt, the scene is amazing but the legs are too skinny. Can you photoshop that some?

-9cpt, he was pretty vocal about wanting the pilots of both groups to have a chance to vote, by saying no, your side may have p-offed the new boss...just saying

-9Capt, the scene is amazing but the legs are too skinny.

I hate to ruin it for you, but she's about to drop a #2.

"which over the long term, will end up degrading his employee centric culture of SW. "

Just how is taking sides with your employees, degrading the culture? I would be more alarmed if did NOT take sides with his employees!! Many folks, right or wrong, on the SWA side feel that by taking all the AAI pilots sans 88 dc9s was throwing your side a pretty big bone...

-9cpt, he was pretty vocal about wanting the pilots of both groups to have a chance to vote, by saying no, your side may have p-offed the new boss...just saying

So by doing that we told him to F-off? Geez, exaggerate much?

It wasn't his decision whether ALPA members get the chance to vote on his proposal. That was our MECs decision. He had a right to offer a solution, however his threats and ultimatums crossed a line into scumbagdom. What makes him think that it's his place to influence our union proceedings? Like I said before, he can want whatever he wants to want, but the fact is, it wasn't his decision to make. When he didn't get his way, he decided to play in the gutter. Real nice.

Just how is taking sides with your employees, degrading the culture? I would be more alarmed if did NOT take sides with his employees!! Many folks, right or wrong, on the SWA side feel that by taking all the AAI pilots sans 88 dc9s was throwing your side a pretty big bone...

To answer your question, eventually about 1/3 of SW pilots will feel, to varying degrees, as if they were not treated fairly, their seniority was "stolen", their capt seats were "stolen", etc. That will degrade the SW culture. I know many of us will be less than willing to lift a finger for this place.

As for the last sentence of your post, I would refer those pilots to my signature line.
| | |
VVV

Last edited:
Do what you got to do, we got plenty on this side who are NOT drinking the Koolaid... It's a good job and we are all lucky to have jobs at a major...

It seems to me he decided to look at options when a negotiated agreement was not looking good...right or wrong that is what he wanted for the company...a negotiated SLI...why, if he could avoid it, should he let your union dictate how the deal got done...I can understand if u feel his actions were Anti-ALPA but I do feel he really felt a negotiated settlement was better for SWA...it would have been easier for him to stay out of the process and let a judge decide...

And by doing so he disregarded signed agreements and resorted to making threats and ultimatums. I'm sure glad he got what he wanted. I'll never trust a thing this management has to say. I'll show up when it's convenient for me then go home and enjoy my days off.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back