MaxBlast feeling the LUV!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're obviously not an MCO Capt......

As a commuter, I need to fly blocks, and can't pickup the odd turn here and there to pad the TFP. I rarely bid on open time, and in the few times I have, have gotten exactly one POT trip.

I live and die by ELITT. This month, I started, as usual for these times, with a 87ish line with 4, 3 day pairings. I've been on ELITT dozens of times every day since the 25th and have 105 for 15 (5 frigging commutes) and that INCLUDES a POT move up, otherwise it would be 98 or so.

July and August were the same, but I gave up at 87 and 95 respectively.

Before this year, I'd bid 90ish TFP 12 day lines and have 100ish for 13 days in the first 20 minutes of ELITT on the 25th and often quite a bit more.

It's been this way most of this year and will only get worse as we are increasingly overmanned. At least there was "no harm".........

What do you suggest should be done with those extra pilots to reduce the overmanning problem?

What do you suggest should be done with those extra pilots to reduce the overmanning problem?

Maybe if we argue the same points with them often enough, they'll get so pissed off they'll go get a job elsewhere!

Uh, that's a joke, people. :)

It seems the company doesn't see itself as overmanned, if they're hiring 200 more pilots starting in January.

Bubba

Maybe if we argue the same points with them often enough, they'll get so pissed off they'll go get a job elsewhere!

Uh, that's a joke, people. :)

It seems the company doesn't see itself as overmanned, if they're hiring 200 more pilots starting in January.

Bubba

It's likely to be a temporary situation although "temporary" could be a couple of years or more as the integration gets completed and retirements reduce the total head count over time. When everything is eventually stabilized there SHOULD be good pairing and line efficiency because there will be even more segments available to optimize pairings but who knows. At the end of the day the pay you can count on is your rate X your guarantee, that's all the company "owes" you under the contract. More credit is nice but it's not an entitlement.

I have no suggestion, but keeping the 717s would've been a start. We're all just gonna have to suck it up until something changes for the better.

Thanks Gary!

I have no suggestion, but keeping the 717s would've been a start. We're all just gonna have to suck it up until something changes for the better.

Thanks Gary!

AirTran HQ was near Disney, so every now and then a "Thanks for the %#@$%$# gumball, Mickey!" was appropriate.

:laugh:

There are some interesting threads on SWA pprune about a letter from SWA to FAA discussing the removal of the 717 from revenue service on 1/2015, and also a statement from GK outlining the purchase of 70+ 737-700s from Ryan and Air Berlin...that plus the SWA and AAI purchase options mean a lot of airplanes are being added(to replace the 717) , maybe not explosive growth but not bad news if true...

There are some interesting threads on SWA pprune about a letter from SWA to FAA discussing the removal of the 717 from revenue service on 1/2015, and also a statement from GK outlining the purchase of 70+ 737-700s from Ryan and Air Berlin...that plus the SWA and AAI purchase options mean a lot of airplanes are being added(to replace the 717) , maybe not explosive growth but not bad news if true...

If they can get enough used NG's to replace the 717's that is a big step towards getting things back on track. It saves the deliveries for their original purpose, -300 replacement and growth. That would be great news if it's true. Probably going to need some more lift in TX pretty soon when things start to happen there :)

Can anyone post the letter?

It is not a letter....just one post from some dude that herd it from some FAA type. Remember, it is all baloney until it is painted and in service.

It is a letter from SWA to the FAA, cant link or copy as it's protected, needless to say, it spells out SWA will park any remaining 717's on 1 Jan 2015, so SWA is asking for relief to not have to have a SWA 717 training program previously approved by the FAA.

Latest resources

Back