• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Max groundspeed you have ever gotten?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We were always limited by the external fuel tanks to 550 until they were empty, but when we got the Hi-Speed Centerline which was advertised by the squadron to be good to aircraft limits (750 KCAS) -I got one up to 735 KCAS at 13,000 doing about 1.3 mach. I didn't have a G/S indicator to look at.

Later I actually looked at the book and found the actual limiting airspeed on the thing was 660 KCAS. It's a good thing the nose cone didn't collapse or the mounts didn't give way.

P.S. The Functional Check Flight guys would take a jet with major repair work out and do a full check. One of the things they would do would be to get the aircraft up to 1.8 mach or so and get the ramp doors on the engine inlets to cycle out. Of course, they did this in a clean configuration.

I've been in the back of a couple of Concordes doing Mach 2.00 at 58,500' while sipping expensive Champagne. :D:D

Time of my life and I will never forget it. I got some video of the cockpit and crew while in cruise after dinner on my first flight. This was pre 9/11 and they invited us up there to chat for a few minutes.

I will never go faster in my life. Guaranteed. Sad to see it retired.:(

Hi!

My record was about 1000. This was in a T-38 at 1.3+, in the mid 30s, somewhere west of Vance AFB, Enid, OK.

My dad got over 250 Kts. in his Cherokee on several occasions.

Cliff
DTW

PS-He's having to sell it know, due to health problems. It's a 1968 235. He's owned it since 1976, and has flown it over 3000 hours. He's only flown one year with it under 100 hours. The market value is about $55K-$60K, I understand. It has an AU Orange/Blue color scheme.

Last edited:
About 1550, but I cheated. RF-4C over South Korea at 30,000 Mach 2.2 on a functional check flight. Had to do it into the wind to be able to complete the 3 minute run and stay in the confines of South Korean airspace from one side to the other.

401 kts in Beech King Air 350

MEM to Fairfield NJ in the winter last year

like 220 on the way home the next morning

Latest resources

Back