• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Max groundspeed you have ever gotten?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
621 Knots grounspeed ORD to BTV (Burlington, Vermont) at FL 370, January of 2003. :D :D However, coming back, we paid the piper. We flew low at FL 220 to try to mitigate the wind somewhat but still saw 310 knot grounspeeds with a TAS of 450 knots.

Well, last July I averaged 151 knots from Keflavik Iceland to Narsarsauq Greenland in a PBY, that is the highest GS I have ever had in one of those on a long trip in the last 36 years of flying the things.

Now maybe it ain't a jet but it is an airplane. :D

Not subsonic, but: 1350, no wind/F-14A/South of San Clemente Island, California. Thought it would be just between me and my RIO until maintenance pointed out that the nose cone was devoid of paint after we parked the jet. The jet's a monster above 1.5 mach.

Navajo at 17000 265 level, pushed it over just so I could say I hit 300k in a Piper.... from cmh - iad

Fastest in the Caravan was 248kts, and one night while holding, in slow flight i got 17kts.

B-747, 705 Kts at level off after departing Japan. Didn't last too long, about 10 minutes before it went to to about 690 Kts. Have heard a lot of stories of very high groundspeeds over the Northern Pacific Area.

I had to actually look in my logbook, as I had made a note of it...

Falcon 10

CGX-ROC (can't do that city pair anymore)

blocked at 52 minutes

max recorded GS 676 level at 330.

SMOKIN!

Last Friday.... St. Louis (Creve Couer-1H0 to PHD) in a Piper Lance @9500
hit 216 kts and made the trip in 2:01 Woopie!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back