• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Max groundspeed you have ever gotten?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
419 KTS in the Mu-2 at FL270 from FXE-CDW had 110kts on the tail over North Carolina

saw 791 kts over the deserts of Utah this past summer in the back of an F-16

corp_da20_guy said:
635 kts Roswell, NM to Nashville several years ago. 1:37 min in a Lear 25

Must be the aliens in Roswell giving you an extra push. :D

*Puts on Tin foil hat*

I was sitting around the FBO Monday waiting for pax when I picked up Robb Report or some other "stuff you cant afford" type magazine. There was an article by the SR-71 pilot who wrote "Sled Driver".

He tells a story about a training mission over California where they hear a guy in a Cessna ask ATC for a groundspeed. They tell him 92 or something like that. Then a guy in a Bonanza (or similar) asks the same, they tell him 160. Next a cocky sounding guy in an F-18 asks. ATC tell him 615 knots. These two Blackbird drivers decide this guy is being an arrogant a$$ and decide to nip it in the bud. Naturally, they ask for their groundspeed, and the controller tells them, without missing a beat, 1,905 knots! (I cant remember the exact #, but it was in that region.)

As for myself...428kts in a DHC-8 TLH-CLT in the low 20s.

I was flying in the area when I heard Grand Canaris Control asking a TU-154 for Mach number. It was given .95 and for ground speed 735 kts.

Not Shabby

1600+ knots -- Mach 2.39 @ 38,000' with 150 knots on the tail

F-15 in slick configuration on a maintenance test flight

Climbing out of Japan the other day we saw 210kts. Amazing it was very smooth, we were on our way to Guam.

Mmmmmm Burritos said:
I saw -25 knots GS (yes Negative) in a Cessna 152 once. I asked approach what my groundspeed was and he couldnt even see me :D
LMAO

169 kt GS at 12,000' in a C 172 SLC-BOI.:p :eek:

457kts @ 23.0 between LIT and CVG in SA227. For once I was in the right place at the right time. The controllers where said that was the best they had ever seen for a Metro.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back