Man Laws...Pilot Laws

ikillbigfoot

Total Time
Remember the beer commercial about man laws? Let me start one here for pilots.

The CRJ900 is not 'The 9'

.....continue with your pilot laws and we'll vote yea or nay.

Jack Mehoff

I PITTY DA FOO!
Total Time
6000+
must avoid any IMC (inadvertent man contact) when doing flows or transferring the throttles.

waka

Emasculating the Right
Total Time
4?
Remember the beer commercial about man laws? Let me start one here for pilots.

The CRJ900 is not 'The 9'

.....continue with your pilot laws and we'll vote yea or nay.
Law #2; Concerning oneself with such inane concerns is not manly.

GeekMaster

Total Time
10000+
Do not call one of your buddies, giggling on the phone, in front of your captain after shooting your first ILS "down to minimums" when the weather was 300 over and 10sm.

CX880

Total Time
Do not call one of your buddies, giggling on the phone, in front of your captain after shooting your first ILS "down to minimums" when the weather was 300 over and 10sm.
That's pretty lame.

Salukipilot4590

IS WE ON TV?
Total Time
Do not, under any circumstances, bang your flight attendant.

say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
Total Time
Why not? Not only did I bang her, we dated for a few years too. Then I got furloughed, so that was the end of that. Haha.

Coool Hand Luke

Total Time
Don't wear penny loafers. Piloting is a mans job (at least it should be), so wear manly shoes.

JohnnyP

Total Time
BAFAN

Don't wear penny loafers. Piloting is a mans job (at least it should be), so wear manly shoes.
I happen to love my Sperry's....And I also wore black slip on's back at the airline, Cole Haan I believe.....

Coool Hand Luke

Total Time
I happen to love my Sperry's....And I also wore black slip on's back at the airline, Cole Haan I believe.....
Yes but you think the lighted wheels on your rollerbag are cool too.

embpic1

Total Time
>10000
Yup, I am guilty of this. Banged her. Dated her. Married her. Turned out pretty well actually.

Goose Egg

Big Jens
Total Time
3k-ish
Law #5: Do not start threads on flightinfo about manliness. (Sort of in the same vein as "If you have to ask, you can't afford it." only it's "If you have to start a thread about manliness, you're not manly.")

#6: Calling the CRJ-900 the "9" is fine in the proper context. I mean, what are you expecting here? That, when asked what airplane they fly, people snap to attention, salute, and yell out "Sir yes sir! I fly the Bombardier Canadair Regional Jet 900 series sir!" Get of your moral high horse already. It's just an airplane.

Last edited:

JumpersAway

Cruise Bores Me.......
Total Time
9000++
If the calling of the "nine" is an issue, then so should the calling of the EMB 170/175 "The Mini Bus".

The ''9'' should be reserved for the DC-9. I'll buy off on that. Quit trying to bait and switch the turd you fly.

Club ORD FO

Total Time
If you are the captain, and the PNF, you may not put your hands on the flaps until I call for it.

Yeah I see your hand there, and no I'm not gonna ask for flaps 8. So you might as well relax

jws717

registered abuser
Total Time
loads
If you are the captain, and the PNF, you may not put your hands on the flaps until I call for it.

Yeah I see your hand there, and no I'm not gonna ask for flaps 8. So you might as well relax

I had one turd bag who would retract the flaps before i called for it after takeoff. I wanted to break his arm.

hockeypilot44

Total Time
A very common conversation:

"You're a pilot? Who do you fly for?"
"Delta."
"What plane do you fly?"
"Embraer 170."
"Delta doesn't fly Embraer 170's. I guess you fly for Republic."
"I didn't realize you're in the industry also. That's correct. I fly for Shuttle America under the Delta Connection paint job."

embpic1

Total Time
>10000

If I am starting to get uncomfortable about an FO's flap schedule, I will place my hand on the flap lever as a hint. If they still don't get the message I will say 'How about flaps --'. Don't take it the wrong way. It is just a nonverbal way of saying 'I think you need some flaps'. If you have a problem with that then you can handle it how you want when you are the captain.

Amish RakeFight

Registered Loser
Total Time
If I am starting to get uncomfortable about an FO's flap schedule, I will place my hand on the flap lever as a hint. If they still don't get the message I will say 'How about flaps --'. Don't take it the wrong way. It is just a nonverbal way of saying 'I think you need some flaps'. If you have a problem with that then you can handle it how you want when you are the captain.
Sure... just don't put you hand on leg, Holmes. I'll start to get uncomfortable and will take it the wrong way.