• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looks like CAL/UAL MECs want the RJs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This whole concept is absolutely absurd, and when the mainline carriers and ALPA decided to go for scope when COMAIR received their CRJ-200s the Genie was forever out of the bottle. It is TOO late! The ONLY way this would work would be a massive integration of the seniority lists of the codeshares involved into UAL's list. That obviously isn't going to happen. When are you are all going to wake-up and realize that management only wants the cheapest possible lift and the highest possible yields per RPM...You know airline mgt. 101. This pisses me off more than it makes me think this actually still a worthwhile way to make a living.

The Continental/UAL negotiators are just posturing and trying to create some leverage. They know they can't bet the Jeannie back in the bottle. Scope is for sale.

Who's going to fly the 600 RJ's? All new hires? Right, that will work! Why do all these mainline guys want the Regional guys to lose their jobs? I literally feed my family with the money I earn as a Regional Capt. I would lose my home and car as well as most of my belongings if my company disappeared and I had to apply as a first year RJ FO at a major (or possibly Capt if enough positions were available, etc. But at first year pay) How is this good for many people? You guys at the major are flying big airplanes for more money now, but you want a safety net at my expense!! Now, if lists were integrated and people kept their seats at the "new major" then that is different. Why wouldn't you guys like that?

And who is going to do all this flying? There are about 7000+ pilos at UAL/CAL regionals. How is the new UAL going to find 7000 pilots to fly all these planes, even if it is done over time? Oh wait, I know....the Regional guys can apply to UAL for a job they already had at 1st year FO rates! Sounds great for a 10-15 yr Captain! How many people does this plan put out of work? THOUSANDS upon thousands of people that work at regional companies in many capacities, from secretarial to VP. The plan sounds so great on paper......Let's take back all 500+ RJ's to mainline UAL! Lets put a half dozen companies out of business, and make all the pilots scramble to find work as a new hires on the planes they already fly.

Maybe the only way this works is UAL absorbs all the companies onto their list. How about date of hire with fences. Do we still have a deal?

Good one PUNK. How bout all the 10-11 year mainline pilots working for first year wages at your s h itty regional. Great Attitude. Enjoy working being captain for a few more years then back to 1st year pay.

Good one PUNK. How bout all the 10-11 year mainline pilots working for first year wages at your s h itty regional. Great Attitude. Enjoy working being captain for a few more years then back to 1st year pay.

Ok dou(h! I'm a punk, huh? Hardly. Because I ask under this plan who will fly all these planes? Doesn't seem workable to me. And so 2 wrongs make a right? Guys take a chance to move along and it doesn't work out so blame the regional pilots and seek to punish them. And I ask what is truely in it for guys already flying at mainline? A place to land if the crap hits the fan at your company, but at the loss of EVERY job at the UAL/CAL regionals?

But go ahead and call me names for asking a question.

Ok dou(h! I'm a punk, huh? Hardly. Because I ask under this plan who will fly all these planes? Doesn't seem workable to me. And so 2 wrongs make a right? Guys take a chance to move along and it doesn't work out so blame the regional pilots and seek to punish them. And I ask what is truely in it for guys already flying at mainline? A place to land if the crap hits the fan at your company, but at the loss of EVERY job at the UAL/CAL regionals?

But go ahead and call me names for asking a question.

Alot of emotion surrounding this issue no doubt. If this survives - it will be transitioned over YEARS as the contracts expire. That will give you plenty of time to move on to a new carrier (yep 1st year sucks anywhere you go) or to APPLY at UAL when we start hiring again.

This flying was ours to give and hopefully take back. I understand where you are coming from (I was at TSA for 3 years myself) but if you can't get your financial house in order over the next couple of YEARS than I don't know what to tell you.

No name calling from my end though -------- and it is far from final language in the JCBA as well.

Well this should make the ASA/XJT merger that more interesting. They signed a new 10 or 15yr agreement with Continental/UA as part of the aquisition of XJT.

You can bet managment at UA/CO will fight this hard.

I agree it would be better for the pilots, but its gonna be a long road to get there.

Like losing 70 pounds.....

It took a lifetime to get fat, and losing the weight isn't easy and takes time. There are no quick fixes.

Who's going to fly the 600 RJ's? All new hires? Right, that will work! Why do all these mainline guys want the Regional guys to lose their jobs? I literally feed my family with the money I earn as a Regional Capt. I would lose my home and car as well as most of my belongings if my company disappeared and I had to apply as a first year RJ FO at a major (or possibly Capt if enough positions were available, etc. But at first year pay) How is this good for many people? You guys at the major are flying big airplanes for more money now, but you want a safety net at my expense!! Now, if lists were integrated and people kept their seats at the "new major" then that is different. Why wouldn't you guys like that?
Are you a Skywest pilot?

[[not going to happen]]

Latest resources

Back