• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking for JALways/WASINC info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No technical questions. On day one you will be handed the sim profile that you will have to fly......MEMORIZE IT!!! On day two you will meet with either the CHief Pilot or one of the Assistant Chief Pilots they will go over the profile and give you many hints on flying the simulator to the Japaneses satisfaction. Listen closely to what they have to say. That night you will fly the profile with WASINC pilots and the next afternoon yoou fly it for the Japanese. It is a tough profile to do in an airplane that you probably have not flown before. By the way the Flight Director is the double Q crosshair type. If youo have the ability on your aircraft begin to practice with it.

See you at the interview.

Helmsmen

Helmsmen said:
No technical questions. On day one you will be handed the sim profile that you will have to fly

Is there anything similar one could study beforehand that might be helpful?

Someone mentioned for those of us unwilling or unable to pay for 747 sim time the use of a flight simulator program that has the classic. Any recommendations?

Helmsmen said:
to the Japaneses satisfaction.

If I bow and offer my business card with two hands and speak Japanese, will it help....

OK....kidding aside.. does cultural expereince have value?

Also, does one fly with western crews only, or mixed up with Japanese...

Helmsmen said:
On day one you will be handed the sim profile that you will have to fly......MEMORIZE IT!!! It is a tough profile to do in an airplane that you probably have not flown before.

Please don't tell me that there's an NDB involved!!!!!!
:crying:
Does anyone have any idea of what the profile is (approaches etc. and required "Call outs") or where to get the testing gouge? I've heard reference to some old TWA tests but can't find anything.

Any/all help is appreciated. Thanks.

Helmsmen said:
See you at the interview.
Helmsmen

I saw in a thread from last year you mentioned JALways may be slotted for 400's? Anything further on this development?

Last edited:
Run.

My friend who works there said the majority of his class would have quit the first month in training if it weren't for the 30k training bond because it is so ridiculuous.

Fly4hire said:
I saw in a thread from last year you mentioned JALways may be slotted for 400's? Anything further on this development?

Answering my own question. Comments from someone in the know?

http://www.jal.com/en/press/0000455/455.html

"JAL will also continue expanding the international role of its low-overhead subsidiary JALways to secure further cost-competitiveness. JALways will take over flight operations on the Tokyo - Jakarta route from March 26, 2006, and from October 1, 2006 flight operations on Tokyo - Ho Chi Minh, Tokyo - Hanoi, Osaka - Hanoi, and Tokyo - Sydney routes."

However where are these aircraft coming from?

"..During FY2006, JAL will also accelerate fleet downsizing. In total, six B747 `Classic' models will be retired from international and domestic service..."

Looking at the attached fleet plan it looks like that the 400 is being taken off a number of routes and replaced by 777's. Are these retiring classic's JALways being replaced with the 400, or expenasion in fleet and flying?

What is the current JALways fleet and how many pilots through HACS, WASINC, and IASCO?

What is the growth forecast?

Last edited:
Rez O. Lewshun said:
If I bow and offer my business card with two hands and speak Japanese, will it help....

OK....kidding aside.. does cultural expereince have value?

Also, does one fly with western crews only, or mixed up with Japanese...

Cultural experience will only have value as long as it supplements the other segments of the interview. You still have to perform in the sim, etc. I mean, the cultural experience won't give extra points, but it may slide you ahead of an equally qualified candidate.

Latest resources

Back