• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking for JALways/WASINC info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the info Resocha. Are you guys able to jumpseat or ID95/90 on anyone? Just trying to see if I might be able to commute home once in a while Thanks again for the info.

DetoXJ said:
Thanks for the info Resocha. Are you guys able to jumpseat or ID95/90 on anyone? Just trying to see if I might be able to commute home once in a while Thanks again for the info.

No problem.

The IASCO guys can officially jumpseat because IASCO has a 135 certificate. WASINC has jumpseat privileges with Aloha and Hawaiian (and maybe ATA). I'm not sure about HACS. There are loads of ID-90s, as well as ZED fares.

Polaris said:
Also, What happens if you don't fulfill the 3 year contract? Say your recalled by your previous employer?

Wasinc will require you to resign your seniority number, so unless you have a "recension of resignation" clause with your company (as I did), you won't get recalled. If you don't fulfill your contract, there's a $30,000 fee, and you will be publicly shamed.

Resocha said:
Instead of trying to choose one, I recommend interviewing at each and accepting employment at whichever offers the job first. You can always switch after your contract has been fulfilled.

I heard if you interview with one and are selected the others will not talk to you because JALways already knows who you are and will not allow poaching between contract vendors. Also understand if you fail to select at one you will not get another chance with the others because JALways knows who you are at that point.

I think the advatage to HACS and IASCO is they service contracts to more than one carrier.

Resocha said:
Wasinc will require you to resign your seniority number, so unless you have a "recension of resignation" clause with your company (as I did), you won't get recalled. If you don't fulfill your contract, there's a $30,000 fee, and you will be publicly shamed.

I asked about this and was told there is no training bond (at any of the leasing firms) , and you are not required to resign seniority, although it is viewed as a plus to getting hired.

I have also heard there is a strong bias against older candidates (40+) getting hired?

Last edited:
Fly4hire said:
I heard if you interview with one and are selected the others will not talk to you because JALways already knows who you are and will not allow poaching between contract vendors. Also understand if you fail to select at one you will not get another chance with the others because JALways knows who you are at that point.

I think the advatage to HACS and IASCO is they service contracts to more than one carrier.

JAL, as a company, allows only one interview opportunity. If you don't make it at one contractor, you will not be given an opportunity at another.

I'm not sure what you mean about your first statement. If you fulfill your contract at one employer, you are eligible to change contractors. It happens occasionally. If you break your contract, I'd bet that no one else would hire you, but that's only speculation.

Last edited:
Fly4hire said:
I asked about this and was told there is no training bond (at any of the leasing firms) , and you are not required to resign seniority, although it is viewed as a plus to getting hired.

I have also heard there is a strong bias against older candidates (40+) getting hired?

Who did you ask? I guarantee there is a training bond (at least at wasinc). And yes, with wasinc you will sign a form that resigns your seniority number. It is mailed to your former company the day you complete training for JAL. I don't think they required it in the past, but some guys broke their contract to return to their former companies, so now it's required.

Regarding the 40-year-old bias, I've seen that on aviationinterviews.com and it's just nonsense. I personally know 4 guys hired over 40, one in the more recent new-hire classes.

Latest resources

Back