• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking for JALways/WASINC info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Being that you are employed by an American company, are they Reserve friendly? Someone mentioned little flexibility in the sched...what if you're mobbed?

Resocha said:
Who did you ask? I guarantee there is a training bond (at least at wasinc). And yes, with wasinc you will sign a form that resigns your seniority number. It is mailed to your former company the day you complete training for JAL. I don't think they required it in the past, but some guys broke their contract to return to their former companies, so now it's required.

OK now I'm confused. I have an interview scheduled with Wasinc, and they asked me specifically if I would resign seniority, and I said I would prefer not to and asked if this is required and they said "no". My airline does have a bypass recall LOA that allows up to 4yrs bypass to return, so you can fufill contractual obligations. Maybe it's changed again?? Also there was nothing regarding a training bond in anything they sent me.

Not trying to be argumentitive, just get the facts....

Last edited:
Fly4hire said:
OK now I'm confused. I have an interview scheduled with Wasinc, and they asked me specifically if I would resign seniority, and I said I would prefer not to and asked if this is required and they said "no". My airline does have a bypass recall LOA that allows up to 4yrs bypass to return, so you can fufill contractual obligations. Maybe it's changed again?? Also there was nothing regarding a training bond in anything they sent me.

Not trying to be argumentitive, just get the facts....

Hmm...they may have changed it again. I'm certainly not privy to the behind-the-scenes goings-on. People did express outrage of having to resign.

I'd ask about the training bond during your interview. Everyone I know has signed one, but I guess that could have changed too.

AceCrackshot said:
Being that you are employed by an American company, are they Reserve friendly? Someone mentioned little flexibility in the sched...what if you're mobbed?

I'm honestly not sure, but I would expect that as an American company, wasinc would be reserve friendly. JAL makes the decisions on who they want to work them, however, and they may not be.

Resocha said:
Hmm...they may have changed it again. I'm certainly not privy to the behind-the-scenes goings-on. People did express outrage of having to resign.

I was upfront about this both on the application and in discussions and have not been uninvited. I spoke with one of the other CL firms and it was not required there either....

Resocha said:
I'd ask about the training bond during your interview. Everyone I know has signed one, but I guess that could have changed too.

Not really concenred about the bond - if I get accepted and take the position it would certainly be my intent to fufill the contractual obligations. As someone said in another forum - you could maybe go back to your struggling carrier in a few yeas as a junior narrow body F/O again with little certainty for the future, or you could hang around and become a 747 Captain for a company that has never layed pilots off, and runs a very tight ship in the aviation world.....

Last edited:
Fly4Hire,

WASinc should have sent you a link to their Hr department. In there you'll find a May2005 contract with all of the ugly details. They DO want you to resign your senority but it is not required to do so. I spoke with their HR guy and he said it's looked at favorably if you're willing to resign it.

If you don't want to and they somehow hire you anyway, the HR guy said they'll ammend the contract. Hmmm.

I've got an interview in March too. I guess we'll have to hope that they'd understand why no one in his right mind would throw away a safety net in this industry.

PM me and we'll compare notes.

JALway/WASINC

Hi I have a March interview, can anyone give some insite on DEN,Mayo Clinic,
and tokyo?

Thanks

yeah i have an interview in march also and the guy i spoke with said that there are no technical questions on the interview....is that correct? and yeah can someone please share some info on what all is involved with this physical...thanks

Hello all with an interview,

I received an email from WAS, Inc. for and interview but was in my junkmail in Hotmail and didn't save it, so itwas purged. can anyone PM me with phone and name of contact that was in the email. It is a long shot but can't hurt to ask. I will buy the beers in DEN while we are at the interview. Cheers!

There's not much you can do to prepare for the medical, other than live a generally healthy lifestyle. Ensure your body mass index (BMI) is below .27 and work on ensuring your cholesterol is below 200. For the medical itself, you have the standard physical, plus extra stuff like exercise (stress) ECG and an EEG. But at this point, if you don't live generally healthy, there's not much you can do.

For the interview itself, all I can speak for is mine (which was over two years ago), and they did not ask any technical questions. There's probably recent info on aviationinterviews.com.

Latest resources

Back