• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking for Hawaiian A321 Pay Rates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Disparate fleet as in (not Boeing). Not a deal breaker by any means, but certainly a consideration. HNL hub operation that is perfect for an Airline named Hawaiian, but much less ideal for an Airline like Southwest even if we were considering adding Asian Destinations. As has already been stated, you would have to continue to run Hawaiian as it's own brand in order to be successful in the islands. I also don't think our management is interested in running multiple brands on a permanent basis. Most of the other reasons have already been talked about by Dan and Jim.

I comprehend it dan just fine- I just have a different view.
To me a purchase is all about differences that compliment each other

I'm in the maybe, but probably not category and I don't know why that's getting pushback

I'm not trying to spool Dan up, I just view it as likely as many other possibilities

This is what happens when an airline, that has never left the CONUS, gets their first semi foreign destination.. I say semi foreign because you may need a passport but really it's just across the border.....:beer:

In other news.... Hawaiian's just gained more inter-island market share with the dissolving of GO! Airlines.....Mokulele has code share agreements with Go! for smaller islands... So who knows how this will affect Mokulele... either way it should equate to atleast a few hundred more pax a day for HA...

Also Airbus has started final assembly for the first A320NEO ( or is it A321NEO?)

Here's to hoping Hawaiian can pick up some before the 2017 scheduled date.....

I'm in the maybe, but probably not category and I don't know why that's getting pushback

I'm not trying to spool Dan up, I just view it as likely as many other possibilities

Wave, I'm not spooled up at all. I'm enjoying this as it's about Hawaiian. The one airline I happen to know a little about and I don't hold your wistful speculation against you. i stress that my pointing out the realities of why a merger is highly unlucky is not a slam against SWA and I don' t fault your seeing things through SWA colored glasses. But you ask why the pushback? Let's say Skywest said they were going to buy SWA and made all theses promises that they were going to have this great domestic airline and grow etc etc., how would you feel?

Also Airbus has started final assembly for the first A320NEO ( or is it A321NEO?)

Here's to hoping Hawaiian can pick up some before the 2017 scheduled date.....
It's an A320NEO that's coming out first. The 321 won't be out until late 2016, and HA is one of the first customers. We won't get it any earlier than we're contracted for.

HAL

It's an A320NEO that's coming out first. The 321 won't be out until late 2016, and HA is one of the first customers. We won't get it any earlier than we're contracted for.

HAL

Gary Kelly already sold those slots to B6 and purchased more 737MAX slots with the proceeds.

Wave, you knew me better as FMS-Speed, I changed my name after being hired at HAL. I can tell you having finally gotten to meet "Dan" after reading his posts on here for years That he's the last guy to wind up about anything. A more laid back, chill tempered person you'll never meet. With his HAL regulation beard and disarming smile he's exactly the face I want on my airline. Don't mistake his defense of our "good thing" as an insult against yours. This company provides for some of the best flying anyone can do (I know a thing or two about this with 7 airlines behind me now)... Guys don't necessarily jump at the idea of a merger here like at some other smaller carriers.... Cause while we're small in some respects, we're huge in others... One of the oldest, safest, airlines... The pilots here have always toted or even set the bar for wages and work rules...we never just rode on someone's coat tails... We have a lot to be proud of, don't confuse that for an attack on you.. But just remember, while WN was still tuning their business plan and growing into a "Major" Hawaiian was flying DC8's and L1011's all over the world...

Just curious, weren't they also in BK 3 times, or was it more, and had the State of Hawaii bail them out with a loan Guarantee of $25M. Just sayin. Every airline has its prob whether now or in the past, and definitely in the future. It gets old when airline pilots tout how great their company is. Just be glad you're flying and pulling in a paycheck because at the end of the day that's all that matters, not how cool your destinations are or the equipment you fly.
Btw... Nobody is Drooling to merge or acquire anyone.
Good luck ya'll

Just curious, weren't they also in BK 3 times, or was it more, and had the State of Hawaii bail them out with a loan Guarantee of $25M. Just sayin. Every airline has its prob whether now or in the past, and definitely in the future. It gets old when airline pilots tout how great their company is. Just be glad you're flying and pulling in a paycheck because at the end of the day that's all that matters, not how cool your destinations are or the equipment you fly.

Such a defeatist attitude... Be glad? You kidding me?? I've spent the better part of two decades not being glad... Including a stint at the big AA... I'm never glad, I always want more and always am looking for better for myself.. Glad..pft.

2 BKs in better than 85!years... The 2nd one a total farse to get better rates on leases from Boeing, and the pilots got thrown under the bus by the BK courts for added measure. The company was profitable at the time if that BK... There was no bailout.

Good luck ya'll

Lies

Just relax......HA will have a fence so you won't be displaced to BWI for at least 18 months!!

Just pulling y'all's chain b4 you go and blow a gasket.

Good luck ya'll

While you are obviously mistaken about the 3 BK's and State bailout, I have to agree that it is a little embarrassing to be blatantly touting HA, I do it here when misinformation is posted (like you just did) and also in defense of anyone who posts they think their airline could buy us. Your drooling comment is wrong too. The point of my posts is because some SWA pilots have been posting about buying Hawaiian. We have been hearing for years how DAL wants to buy HA. The truth is, it's all simply generated by pilots "drooling" over buying HA. I work here, I hear pilots "drooling" over buying HA often.
I also agree with your observation that what or were you fly shouldn't define you. We have a good deal here. As you said, none of us can predict the future, but ours is as bright as anyones (and are just as vulnerable) we all live in glass houses. But the majority of Hawaiian Air pilots are here because of the unique lifestyle flying for HA can offer and we don't want to see that go away.

Thanks HA25! :beer:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back