• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking for Hawaiian A321 Pay Rates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wave, I'm not spooled up at all. I'm enjoying this as it's about Hawaiian. The one airline I happen to know a little about and I don't hold your wistful speculation against you. i stress that my pointing out the realities of why a merger is highly unlucky is not a slam against SWA and I don' t fault your seeing things through SWA colored glasses. But you ask why the pushback? Let's say Skywest said they were going to buy SWA and made all theses promises that they were going to have this great domestic airline and grow etc etc., how would you feel?

So Skywest is to SWA as SWA is to HAL?

I think you just failed your fedex interview my man
:)

Do you think you have some HAL colored glasses?

When I say it's a possibility - it's bc of the financials
And on that end - the Skywest example is kinda silly right?

Last edited:

I just used that as an example of an airline you would not want to merge with, but is, in fact very successful at what they do. Skywest pilots saying they want to merge and come fly your 737's would be a similar deal to SWA pilots saying they want to merge and come fly our airplanes.
SWA doesn't bring anything to the table that we would want. Again, not a slam. It's just apples and oranges is the point.

Career expectations my friend... career expectations. That's been behind EVERY SLI arbitration in recent memories and why HAL pilots will not be MIA in 2015.. mark my words. A 12+ Year CA at HAL (pretty much all of them) will have the same expectations as any DAL, UAL, AA, or Southwest pilot for that matter.. We have guys who've been here 30 years and 2... not one of them will get stapled behind anyone at any carrier if/when we get bought/merged.

btw wave.. you still trolling the politics forums here? dealing with all of those reactionaries? You know part of the reason I was fired by Mike was constantly defending you over there, don't you? ;)

Fired by mike?
Wow

Hey man - congrats on HAL brother
Your description of dan is exactly what I'd imagine actually-
Hawaiian pilots I've known are seriously cool

Yeah- I just can't get into the nonav chat there anymore- just doesn't float my boat

Last edited:
Although....if I had to go from my present position at HA to the left seat of a SWA 737 it would probably be as big a bummer as going from SWA to SkyWest would be. Keep in mind my perception of SkyWest is, for the senior pilots, a very good job and they consider it a career.
As high speed climb alluded too, it's kind of silly to define yourself by what you fly, but your job is the vehicle that allows you to create whatever lifestyle you have.

Career expectations my friend... career expectations. That's been behind EVERY SLI arbitration in recent memories and why HAL pilots will not be MIA in 2015.. mark my words. A 12+ Year CA at HAL (pretty much all of them) will have the same expectations as any DAL, UAL, AA, or Southwest pilot for that matter.. We have guys who've been here 30 years and 2... not one of them will get stapled behind anyone at any carrier if/when we get bought/merged.

Actually, since the SWA topic is on the burner, we would have a much stronger "career expectations" card to play. We are the only ones with a HNL base obviously so all the flying out of Hawaii would be "our" career expectations". We have enough AirBuses on firm order that the company has officially put out that they will have a seniority list of just over a 1000 pilots by 2020 (currently 620 or so?) plus I'm guessing a couple hundred retirements by then. Finally, all the widebody flying is "our" career expectation. I have to wonder how the SWA folks would take that? Probably not well, so here's another reason why the merger would be foolish.....even more damage to the "culture" than merging with AirTran did.
Wave, you guys need to stick to what you have been successful at and not try and steal what others have been successful at.

They won't?

Then you understand what the air tran uproar was about.
AT wanted to be ahead of our 30 year guys bc their relative seniority puts them there

Fired by mike?
Wow

Hey man - congrats on HAL brother
Your description of dan is exactly what I'd imagine actually-
Hawaiian pilots I've known are seriously cool

Yeah- I just can't get into the nonav chat there anymore- just doesn't float my boat

best thing ever happened to me too... I got sick of baby sitting a bunch of trolls.. most of those chumps don't even fly professionally, you know that? Mike didn't care, was more interested in post counts and hits.. I told him he's lost a lot of real pilots to the other forum, but after I banned TMMT for something out of line he yanked my mod and re-instated him.

on the HAL / WN topic.. srsly.. I have a lot of respect for the WN guys.. went form being the ugly girl at the end of the bar after a long night of drinking in 2001 to a top paid narrow body pilot group... frankly doing more to hold up the bar than the us guys at the Legacies over the past 13 years.. But then, you guys were also the ones behind all of this high productivity pushing that frankly we're still trying to undo... I don't know about you all, but I didnt' become an airline pilot to work 20+ days a month like my land lover friends.. Yes, I do want to work 12 days and get paid for 85 hours.. so sue me!

They won't?

Then you understand what the air tran uproar was about.
AT wanted to be ahead of our 30 year guys bc their relative seniority puts them there

it's not about seniority... its' about pay/workrules/benefits.

HAL captains make A LOT more than Airtran captains, far better retirement, medical, etc ... and with far better schedules.. Expectations are more than my equipment,. This is why USAir East 330 captains will be grossly disappointed ... $150/hr doesn't go far in the "Expectations" dept.

Latest resources

Back