Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
7/14/2013: Captain $180.62 - $184.94
9/14/2014: Captain $184.23 - $188.66
FOs get 46.1% - 69.8% of Captain pay rate depending on longevity.

You have to keep in mind that when these rates were negotiated, both the company and the union agreed that they would be within the existing rate structure (i.e. between the 717 and 330/767rates). Both acknowledged that before the first plane hit the property in 2017 were will have a new contract (current ammendable in 9/2015) with higher rates. But our current rate structure was from 2010 before the latest round of contracts were signed at Delta, UAL and AA.

Just look at the SWA rates because I am sure they will snap up to that after the acquisition.

Hawaiian not's buying SWA...Two completely different types of airlines. A relatively small International widebody hub in Hawaii hardly fits into an LCC 737 operation.

Don't be so sure. Hawaiian is by definition a widebody LCC niche carrier.

There are now three big carriers, the rest of us all have a niche. But HA is not considered an "LCC" carrier. They create their market by offering a higher level of service, not by lower fares. Hawaiian actually gets a higher average yield to the west coast than anyone else. But the simple fact is our operation simply doesn't fit with SWA in any way. That's not a slam and I'm not saying one is better than the other. It's simply apples and oranges. When SWA approached us after ATA went under it was looked at. Straight from Dunkerley, "the two airlines simply had two distinct types of business models that didn't fit".
Other than a few cities on the west coast, we don't connect and our wide body Airbus hub in HNL is about as far from the SWA business model as you can get.

Hawaiian Airlines

(Operated by Southwest Airlines)

One seniority list modeled after the air tran list

Where would you be Dan?

(All TIC, don't get all sensitive:) )

There are now three big carriers, the rest of us all have a niche. But HA is not considered an "LCC" carrier. They create their market by offering a higher level of service, not by lower fares. Hawaiian actually gets a higher average yield to the west coast than anyone else. But the simple fact is our operation simply doesn't fit with SWA in any way. That's not a slam and I'm not saying one is better than the other. It's simply apples and oranges. When SWA approached us after ATA went under it was looked at. Straight from Dunkerley, "the two airlines simply had two distinct types of business models that didn't fit".
Other than a few cities on the west coast, we don't connect and our wide body Airbus hub in HNL is about as far from the SWA business model as you can get.
No slam taken, but you need to research the truth:

PHX: KONA on HI 31 Mar rtn 12 Apr RT coach $1150ish, Business $1,870

Delta, same dates and destination: Economy RT $1450, Business class $3,700 And they use HI as interisland transfer.

Not an LCC? Think again.

I'm just sayin that SWA is gonna be looking for longer international service soon. When? IDK. They can create it or buy it. I would prefer they create it, but Kelly seems to like the ready made growth thru the power of purchase.

I'm just sayin that SWA is gonna be looking for longer international service soon. When? IDK. They can create it or buy it. I would prefer they create it, but Kelly seems to like the ready made growth thru the power of purchase.

With a limited amount of slots in many airports it would be hard to create it yourself. Look how hard Virgin America's having getting slots and that's just domestic slots. International slots are like Gold Mines.....

Simple solution buy the airline and the slots come with it.

Latest resources

Back