• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking for Hawaiian A321 Pay Rates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You sound like you're trying to convince Gary as if he's monitoring this board dan

You sound like you're trying to convince Gary as if he's monitoring this board dan

If Gary spends his time reading these boards you guys really are in trouble! :)... Nah, but when SWA pilots jump on here and start dissing HA they are going to get a response. Guess we made our point pretty clear though! You asked for a response and got it. As you said, all pretty hypothetical. I would say the chances of SWA buying Hawaiian are about the same of HA buying SWA, I.E. zero.
If all of a sudden SWA thought they should have a relatively small international Airbus hub in the middle of the Pacific your "Gary" would really be losing the plot.

Who's ever dissed you?

Love Hawaiian

As an ex big 3 pilot I find it strange you'd rather have a big 3 buy you, but sounds like standard alpa SWA hatin :)

Have absolutely no interest in merging with anyone... My preference if I had a choice would be Delta..atleast they were able to pull off a huge merger with relatively little in fighting...

Just don't see SWA as a merger candidate.... Hard to believe they would go from being a completely domestic carrier to being an international carrier flying to Australia, China and Japan utilizing A330 a/c...

I know SWA just announced their " international":laugh: entry going to far off places like Mexico or the Carribean... But maybe we shouldn't put the cart in front of the horse.. Baby steps gentleman.. Hit up Canada next... Then maybe think about changing the business model, aircraft types, and becoming a go to carrier for Asians and Aussies traveling to Hawaii....

Only positive I could see with any merger is commuters from the mainland having a shorter commute..... Or guys who really don't like living in Hawaii (schools, family or whatever reason) being able to choose a different place to live.

Me personally... I'd be more than happy to live in Hawaii, complete my 2 leg trips and retire where I'm at..

Last edited:
Have absolutely no interest in merging with anyone... My preference if I had a choice would be Delta..atleast they were able to pull off a huge merger with relatively little in fighting...

Me personally... I'd be more than happy to live in Hawaii, complete my 2 leg trips and retire where I'm at..

Good point

Delta has it all over anyone else in this regard-

And I'm right with you on that last sentence-
But with 20 years to go, it's up to the career gods now

Who's ever dissed you?

Love Hawaiian

As an ex big 3 pilot I find it strange you'd rather have a big 3 buy you, but sounds like standard alpa SWA hatin :)

Anytime someones say's merger, that's dissing!

A merger with anyone is a huge step backwards.

Wave, I really don't get the anti ALPA bias you SWA folks bring up. It's just a union, like SWAPA, APA. USAPA (OK maybe not USAPA!) etc. I've never heard a ALPA sanctioned negative word about SWA. But for some reason SWA pilots, more than anyone, seem to have it in for ALPA? I could care less what the name of my union is, it's the membership that ultimately decides how effective they are. Obviously ALPA has the most resources and has contributed the most to our profession, but I don't have anything against SWAPA or SWA. I think you guys get a little sensitive to any comment that doesn't jive with the SWA kool aid, but, really, I've said time and again SWA is a great airline and your biggest contribution is the demonstrating that taking care of your employees is a good thing.
:beer:

Just don't see SWA as a merger candidate.... Hard to believe they would go from being a completely domestic carrier to being an international carrier flying to Australia, China and Japan utilizing A330 a/c...

I think what people don't realize when they drool over merging with Hawaiian is we don't fit in anyone. Our west coast to Hawaii market is mostly AM departures to Hawaii. As result, our routes simply don't match up to any of the domestic carrier route structures. We are too early to get much feed. We carry passengers primarily who want to go to Hawaii on "Hawaiian Air". So not only would we lose most of what makes us successful if the Hawaiian Air name went away, we simply don't have a route structure that dovetails in with any of the mainland carriers.

No reason for Delta to buy Hawaiian. Delta can start any of the routes Hawaiian has (besides HNL - HND) with their own metal. That and the interisland market wouldn't be enough. The only airline I could see that would benefit from buying Hawaiian and being a perfect fit would be Jet Blue. But afaik Hawaiian isn't interested in being bought.

Which a manager could change tomorrow Dan if they wanted.

Except the airline is built around AM departures from the west coast. Change those times and you completely change the whole business. I.E. early AM departures that can connect to a mid day inter-island flight and be at their hotel by the 3 pm check in time. Also west coast flights that connect to our International flights would be gone. You would also screw up the daily A/C utilization that combines the use of our widebodies flying west coast flights and International flights throughout the Pacific. So in theory a manager could change it, but he would soon be out of a job for blatant incompetence.

Latest resources

Back