Looking for Hawaiian A321 Pay Rates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Point of order....
I hope you guys realize that you are arguing about what YOU would want and what YOU like. Guess what.....I agree with you 100%! You got a great thing going and you are loving life. But!!!....this whole academic discussion deals with the purchase of a very inexpensive long haul international flight department. If and it is a big if, SWA will be looking to purchase HA for its routes and knowledge of establishing more widebody domiciles. That is it, pure and simple. No one is saying that it would not suck. No one is saying that you are going to be laughing and giving high fives down the jetway. I am sure you would have the same sickening feeling in your stomach that most SWA f/o's have had since the announcement of the AT purchase.

As I said mergers are always about trying to increase shareholder value and it's done at the expense of the employees. Buying Hawaiian would be the end of your "culture" Simple as that. But your right, it's about as likely as finding the MAS777 in one piece.

It has been effectively pointed out here just how many barriers there are to a merger If SWA did ignore some of the realities pointed out here they would likely be going down the USAir/Piedmont/PSA path.

HA-

We are into high productivity - still am- if I can credit 9.2 on an 11 hour duty day- that beats the hell out crediting 4.5 on an 8 hour duty that I routinely did at hub and spoke carriers-

You are pointing at the wrong people.

Crandall brought about hub and spoke- and somewhere along the way requiring pilots to sit around while a company exchanges passengers wasn't viewed as work. And soft time was considered getting something for nothing.
Soft time gets watered down and then legacy schedules (and all regionals that legacies created) need 20 days on to get to a reasonable credit and pay the bills

That's not on SWA

I have never worked more than 15 days in any month at SWA -
And no one I know has ever been forced to either

That's not on SWA

I have never worked more than 15 days in any month at SWA -
And no one I know has ever been forced to either

thats a good thing... you must have good rigs then, which is something I have to admit non of us legacy carriers do at the moment.. I stress "at the moment"

.76 Tfp/hour on duty

Bet your rig isn't an issue for your international crews since there aren't multi leg days- but what's your rig for the 717 drivers?

.76 Tfp/hour on duty

Bet your rig isn't an issue for your international crews since there aren't multi leg days- but what's your rig for the 717 drivers?

Did interisland for one year only and forgot but it wasn't much as I recall. Guys worked way too hard interisland side for their pay. We'll fix that I'm sure.

World wide side needs better pay for down time. Days sitting at the hotel, especially in international 4-5 day trips.

The truth is, it's all simply generated by pilots "drooling" over buying HA. I work here, I hear pilots "drooling" over buying HA often.
I can unequivocally assure you I personally (and the vast majority of SWA pilots I have discussed it with) am in no way, shape or form "drooling" over buying Hawaiian, or any other airline for that matter. As a matter of fact I am hoping, begging and praying that SWA has zero acquisition plans in the future. Most of us have witnessed up close and personal the unintended consequences of mergers and acquisitions which is the exact reason most of us want to "just say no."

It is a silly proposition anyway for all of the reasons that have been identified here.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back