• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Little bit of ASA good news, very little, but something

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
People, ASA WILL NOT be getting any new airplanes from anywhere or anyone. ASA is shrinking down to where JA and Skywest want us. Bad Union!!!!! JA will show us. This is Lorenzo style union busting at work, and the only contract provision we need to fight for is one list to protect our jobs. Who the fu(k cares about fu(king duty rigs when we're all on the street?!?!? Oh, great.......I got .05 more per diem and a retirement plan! Great! I'll take it right to the unemployment line. Next up, Skywest 70/90 seat base in ATL to cover all this flying everyone is so certain we're keeping our 700 and getting 900's for!!!! Maybe we'll keep a couple of those gates at the end of D for our 50 200's we have left in the next year or two. While we die on the vine, look around. Skywest is hiring like crazy. New hire in tomorrows class at Skywest will upgrade before the most senior (5 yrs+) ASA FO's! CHQ is getting so many airplanes, they may need to upgrade you right out of IOE! I cant believe everyone thought this was going to be remotely good for ASA. It would actually been better if Mesa bought us, at least they have one list over there and we keep our jobs and enjoy the wealth. Skywest bought us to liquidate our assets and take our ATL hub. They don't need us to have ATL. Wake up. Our replacements are being hired and trained!!!!!!

79%N1 said:
People, ASA WILL NOT be getting any new airplanes from anywhere or anyone. ASA is shrinking down to where JA and Skywest want us. Bad Union!!!!! JA will show us. This is Lorenzo style union busting at work, and the only contract provision we need to fight for is one list to protect our jobs. Who the fu(k cares about fu(king duty rigs when we're all on the street?!?!? Oh, great.......I got .05 more per diem and a retirement plan! Great! I'll take it right to the unemployment line. Next up, Skywest 70/90 seat base in ATL to cover all this flying everyone is so certain we're keeping our 700 and getting 900's for!!!! Maybe we'll keep a couple of those gates at the end of D for our 50 200's we have left in the next year or two. While we die on the vine, look around. Skywest is hiring like crazy. New hire in tomorrows class at Skywest will upgrade before the most senior (5 yrs+) ASA FO's! CHQ is getting so many airplanes, they may need to upgrade you right out of IOE! I cant believe everyone thought this was going to be remotely good for ASA. It would actually been better if Mesa bought us, at least they have one list over there and we keep our jobs and enjoy the wealth. Skywest bought us to liquidate our assets and take our ATL hub. They don't need us to have ATL. Wake up. Our replacements are being hired and trained!!!!!!

Couldn't have said it better, 79%. The proverbial handwriting is on the wall.

Hawk

Let your reps. know you want a single list. It must be priority #1. It will cost us in terms of other things we want, but it is necessary to prevent a transfer of assets.

jegermeister said:
For what it's worth... the latest rumor floating around is that ASA will be getting 30 something more 50's from GECAS. It makes sense if LAX is going to grow. I also heard something about maintenance establishing itself in CVG.
Just what I'm hearing out on line, nothing to back any of it up.

Its not a rumour there are abuot 15 parked at excel tech in Montreal where we do our heavy MX for the ATR being fitted for us.

JoeMerchant said:
Let your reps. know you want a single list. It must be priority #1. It will cost us in terms of other things we want, but it is necessary to prevent a transfer of assets.

I've been calling for it since Jerry bought you guys. Don't know what we can do to facilitate it, though.

AF :cool:

Joey,

As you well know, one list would cost you a 15 year contract with subpar pay and benefits! Just ask the Eagle pilots! That would make you an indentured servant for most of your remaining career. Then you would have something else to complain about. Let me see.........No, Thanks! If management wants one company, they will do it anyway! If they don't want it, you don't have enough capital to buy it.

Another thought:

Had ASA and Comair achieved one list, where would that have put us today?

I'll take my chances with two lists. If Big D stays in business, ASA is guaranteed an existence as long as there is a Big D and an ATL!

Speedtape said:
Joey,

As you well know, one list would cost you a 15 year contract with subpar pay and benefits! Just ask the Eagle pilots! That would make you an indentured servant for most of your remaining career. Then you would have something else to complain about. Let me see.........No, Thanks! If management wants one company, they will do it anyway! If they don't want it, you don't have enough capital to buy it.[/quote

I think your history is incorrect. They won one list on the level. They traded flow-thru for their 16 year contract. It may have been sub-par at the time, but Eagle pilots are some of the highest paid right now. Notice how none of them are squawking on this board anymore? After 4 years of this negotiation, not having to do again for a while is appealling to me.

ASA is only does 80 % of ATL flying for Delta ONLY IF ASA MEETS Delta Connection NUMBERS and guess WHAT we are NOT meeting them..(planned?) So Delta can get someone else to fly it So look for more E-145 from Freedom coming to ATL. Friend in class at Freedom said they announced more tdys to ATL last week.

Latest resources

Back