Little bit of ASA good news, very little, but something

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jea said:
nothing to hide- it was mesa- about 3 years ago or so-I had about 2800 hours back then and I have a home there so it made sense. Prior to that I instructed for a few years. Ive even done some contract work for the FAA, flown IFR single pilot 135- ive been around awhile- Skywest (in my opinion) has always been the best option- for these reasons-non union, very stable financially, i like the bases and a bunch of great co-workers. Im not a union guy- I even opted out of the union at mesa- but still paid them my dues cause that was the game. I work for my living.
Maybe you can join in. We are hiring you know.

Yeah....Uh.....NO! I LIKE having a say in what my pilot group does, and what my company CAN'T DO!

jea said:
nothing to hide- it was mesa- about 3 years ago or so-I had about 2800 hours back then and I have a home there so it made sense. Prior to that I instructed for a few years. Ive even done some contract work for the FAA, flown IFR single pilot 135- ive been around awhile- Skywest (in my opinion) has always been the best option- for these reasons-non union, very stable financially, i like the bases and a bunch of great co-workers. Im not a union guy- I even opted out of the union at mesa- but still paid them my dues cause that was the game. I work for my living.
Maybe you can join in. We are hiring you know.

Living in base, or getting a couple of months 121 time so you could move on are probably the only good reasons to go to that place. That said, do you think Mesa would be a better place without ALPA? If I join SkyWest, will I get to vote on ALPA representation?;)

ArcticFlier said:
I've been calling for it since Jerry bought you guys. Don't know what we can do to facilitate it, though.

AF :cool:

I know you have. I was referring to our reps. Some of our guys don't think a single list is worth buying. I think that is a mistake in the long run. You aren't doing SLC-LWS tomorrow by any chance? Going out there to fly 1500K back to WVI.

Speedtape said:
Joey,

As you well know, one list would cost you a 15 year contract with subpar pay and benefits! Just ask the Eagle pilots! That would make you an indentured servant for most of your remaining career. Then you would have something else to complain about. Let me see.........No, Thanks! If management wants one company, they will do it anyway! If they don't want it, you don't have enough capital to buy it.

Speedtape,

One way or the other, we will pay for it. If you don't secure SKYW Inc. scope, we will lose flying and probably won't make it 15 years. You are making the same mistake that ALPA has been making for 25 years now....

Speedtape said:
Another thought:

Had ASA and Comair achieved one list, where would that have put us today?

I'll take my chances with two lists. If Big D stays in business, ASA is guaranteed an existence as long as there is a Big D and an ATL!

How about if ASA/CMR/DAL had achieved a single list with scope that prevented anyone else from doing DAL domestic flying? Where would that have put all of us?

FDJ2 said:
Have you filed a PID yet?

You know better than that FDJ2. A PID is an ALPA merger policy step. SKYW isn't ALPA, so a filing a PID won't accomplish anything. Having said that, our MEC is listening to ALPA national and they don't want a single list until Skywest votes in ALPA.

JoeMerchant said:
You know better than that FDJ2. A PID is an ALPA merger policy step. SKYW isn't ALPA.
But ASA is, so where is the PID, or is filing one premature without an actual merger? I mean aren't you at least operationally integrated?

JoeMerchant said:
How about if ASA/CMR/DAL had achieved a single list with scope that prevented anyone else from doing DAL domestic flying? Where would that have put all of us?

The only reason we didn't get a favorable ruling on the PID and all inclusive in house scope was because ASA ALPA and Comair ALPA refused to accept the deal because you and Dan F. would have been exempted from inclusion. See Joey that is real trade unionism. That is the rumor as it was told to me. LOL

Hey when are you going to return those LEC Minutes you stole from the LEC meeting 18 months ago?? Where would that have put all of us that have been looking for them for the last year and a half? Inquiring minds want to know Joey????

JoeMerchant said:
You know better than that FDJ2. A PID is an ALPA merger policy step. SKYW isn't ALPA, so a filing a PID won't accomplish anything. Having said that, our MEC is listening to ALPA national and they don't want a single list until Skywest votes in ALPA.

Our MEC has not said they don't want a single list until Skywest votes in ALPA. That is just your stretch. You think that everyone on this board who is pro ALPA is a member of the MEC. If you had a relationship with anyone on the MEC you would not be afraid of asking them their opinion instead of making up your own facts. We all know that your facts are fabricated nightly in the Joey Spin and Lie Room at the G.O.

By the way Joey, do you know what happened to those LEC Minutes that you took from the meeting 18 months ago and refused to return? Maybe give up one night of drinking and look for those minutes. Or if you are crawling around late one night maybe you could look under some furniture and see if you can find them.:laugh:

JoeMerchant said:
You aren't doing SLC-LWS tomorrow by any chance? Going out there to fly 1500K back to WVI.

Nope. As you know by now. I'm mostly west coast this month. I'm in SJC Tuesday night late and Wednesday until midafternoon. You going to be around the Bay Area?

What was 1500K doing in LWS?

AF :cool:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back