Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

~~~^~~~

http://dmses.dot.gov/docimages/pdf97/404109_web.pdf

Looks like LA will grow. Be interesting to see if an RJ can go head to head with an Alaska Air 737. It is easier to fit a big hat in the overheads on the Boeing.

None the less, looks like growth in the base where no one can afford to live. Why doesn't ASA open a Mexican base? We get paid like beaners, I mean, we get paid beans, might as well live there.

~~~^~~~ said:
http://dmses.dot.gov/docimages/pdf97/404109_web.pdf

Looks like LA will grow. Be interesting to see if an RJ can go head to head with an Alaska Air 737. It is easier to fit a big hat in the overheads on the Boeing.

None the less, looks like growth in the base where no one can afford to live. Why doesn't ASA open a Mexican base? We get paid like beaners, I mean, we get paid beans, might as well live there.

Let's see........Airline that has redefined bad service flying RJ's against 737's operated by an airline consistently rated near the top in customer preference. Good question. I wonder how that one's gonna play out.

For what it's worth... the latest rumor floating around is that ASA will be getting 30 something more 50's from GECAS. It makes sense if LAX is going to grow. I also heard something about maintenance establishing itself in CVG.
Just what I'm hearing out on line, nothing to back any of it up.

Yea............Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!!!

jegermeister said:
I also heard something about maintenance establishing itself in CVG.
Just what I'm hearing out on line, nothing to back any of it up.
ASA has MX personnel in CVG avail 24hr a day. They have them living in the shop they rent. (ie garage without a bed)
What a great company we got here....taking care of their employees and all!!!

The expansion includes new service to the following destinations from
Los Angeles:
-Mexico
City
La Paz**
Acapulco
Loreto**
Mazatlan**
Culiacan**
Manzanillo**
Zacatecas**
Hermosillo**
Torreon**
All about Dec. 15, 2006*-Feb 07

-Costa Rica
Liberia**
Dec. 15, 2006 (once weekly)
-Guatemala
Guatemala City**
Dec. 15, 2006 (once weekly)

-U.S.
Las Vegas
San Francisco
Sacramento
Oakland
San Jose
About Dec. 15, 2006*-Feb 07

*Service operated by Delta Connection carrier Atlantic Southeast Airlines
**Service subject to foreign government approvals

Sinca3 said:
ASA has MX personnel in CVG avail 24hr a day. They have them living in the shop they rent. (ie garage without a bed)
What a great company we got here....taking care of their employees and all!!!
They have a couple mechanics there, but they have no parts. They basically just do service checks on airplanes that flow through there. I guess they just TDY them up there -- didn't realize they had to live in a shed though.

Leave it to ASA to wait to put mechanics up there until after we've lost most of our flying out of CVG. A year ago at this time the entire A concourse was ASA, and we had no mechanics (2 hour waits for CMR MX were standard). Now, we have hardly any flights through CVG, yet we have maintenance.

Sounds efficient to me.

jegermeister said:
For what it's worth... the latest rumor floating around is that ASA will be getting 30 something more 50's from GECAS.

You mean 30 something more 50's from Comair? That's where they'd be coming from.

Latest resources

Back