Little bit of ASA good news, very little, but something

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
~~~^~~~ said:
. Can you imagine if Delta got bought and the acquiring company decided not to merge their pilots?..

Hmmmm, that all depends on what's in the respective PWAs. I suspect your scenario would trigger the merger/fragmentation language in the DAL PWA.

DrunkIrishman said:
Yeah! That merger thing worked out great for TWA pilots at American.

That just goes to show you what happens when you sign away your merger/fragmentation protections.

~~~^~~~ said:
The only way one list is going to happen is if SkyWest first votes ALPA (removing downside risk for the union) .

The only way to force the issue is to toss ALPA and try it on our own. ALPA is not going to respond to what the members at ASA want - their stubborn refusal to adopt a brand scope solution, or accept the RJDC's reforms indicate their strong political will in the face of over whelming evidence of their erroneous path.

So we are stuck with the devil we know, or the devil we don't know. Without ALPA we would never be able to fund or fight a single list battle. So our only reasonable choice is to support ALPA, try our best to not step on the Delta pilots' politics or sensitivities and support our local Representatives who have our best interests at heart.

At the same time we should continue to fight ALPA in Court to force the issue of our representation. We need both internal cooperation and external force to obtain representation for ASA's pilots.

Regards,
~~~^~~~

You guys really give them money? and you really think we want them at Skywest? WOW!!!!!

Also- are you guys paying your court costs to fight alpa for your representation? which you are paying alpa to fight you on? how retarded is that? liberals!! i want this!! i want that!!! its not fair!!!- get over it and quit complaining- that was the 3rd grade- this is competitive business.

Last edited:
jea said:
You guys really give them money? and you really think we want them at Skywest? WOW!!!!!

Also- are you guys paying your court costs to fight alpa for your representation? which you are paying alpa to fight you on? how retarded is that? liberals!! i want this!! i want that!!! its not fair!!!- get over it and quit complaining- that was the 3rd grade- this is competitive business.

:rolleyes:Spoken like a true "Arm Chair QB!"

Tomct said:
:rolleyes:Spoken like a true "Arm Chair QB!"

I do find it interesting how you alpa fire breathers go off all the time about non union airlines then when you get stumped you just revert to name calling- I used to fly for an alpa airline- it sucked- I feel for you my friend

jea said:
I do find it interesting how you alpa fire breathers go off all the time about non union airlines then when you get stumped you just revert to name calling- I used to fly for an alpa airline- it sucked- I feel for you my friend

Care to share what airline that was? Starts with an "M" perhaps? Were you surprised it sucked when you got there? Do you think it would have been better without ALPA?

jea said:

:rolleyes:Your right Jea, we should be "Oh So Thankful" for the Non-Union pilots....right? Guys happy to be in a "Shinny New Jet" because it is better than being a CFI! The really sad part is that due to the new pilots "ignorance,"in the industry, they continue to do only damage to the current pilot groups trying to make a descent living. If companies can continue to whipsaw and impose poor payscales that cuts the legs out from underneath the Union carriers. NOT GOOD FOR BUSINESS FOR ANYONE!!!! I mean, when times were good it was the non-union companies that kept pushing the bar higher and higher....RIIIIIGHT?(Sarcasm) I don't know where you worked prior to your new employment, but you must not have been very involved with things! YOUR LOSS!!

rtmcfi said:
Care to share what airline that was? Starts with an "M" perhaps? Were you surprised it sucked when you got there? Do you think it would have been better without ALPA?

:rolleyes:rtmcfi, he does'nt want to do that. It would show how little he knew about his company and that he was most likely a SJS guy!

Tomct said:
:rolleyes:rtmcfi, he does'nt want to do that. It would show how little he knew about his company and that he was most likely a SJS guy!

nothing to hide- it was mesa- about 3 years ago or so-I had about 2800 hours back then and I have a home there so it made sense. Prior to that I instructed for a few years. Ive even done some contract work for the FAA, flown IFR single pilot 135- ive been around awhile- Skywest (in my opinion) has always been the best option- for these reasons-non union, very stable financially, i like the bases and a bunch of great co-workers. Im not a union guy- I even opted out of the union at mesa- but still paid them my dues cause that was the game. I work for my living.
Maybe you can join in. We are hiring you know.

rtmcfi said:

Who'd a thunk it....you were right, and now we're lucky enough to have him.

Latest resources

Back