LEX Comair Crew on a nap/cdo/

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyBunny said:
Just think of it this way…the accident at MDW…you don’t need to be a 121 pilot to know what happened. One can do the analysis on their own and simply figure out that the plane DID land long. Runway condition and weather did contribute to the accident, but ‘pilot error was the main cause of ‘over run’.

Does that mean that I can take one of your sentences, do my own analysis of it, excluding all other writings of yours, not meet you, not know anything else about you, and can accurately conclude that you're an idiot?

That's quite an intuition you have, that you are able to resolve pilot error in MDW, with nothing but Fox news and your almighty prowess. How do you fit through doors with that head?

my dad can beat up your dad...

How about we get back on topic kids?

Why cant there be one civil discussion about this crash before it turns into name calling, we're not all 5 year olds here, now has anyone heard about the First officers condition?

FlyBunny said:
A 'Professor Emirates’ of Aerospace Engineering knows more about airplanes than your brain, as a pilot, could ever comprehend.

Bunny
D@mn... I thought she had gone away. *sigh*

Last time she was arguing a thread she had NO clue about, she "claimed" to be a regional pilot who also had a Master's Degree (or was it a PhD?) and was assistant teaching Aerodynamics out in California.

That was about 8 months ago.

Now you're an Airbus pilot?

*cough* BULLSH*T!

Back on topic...

The contributing factors that lead to the wrong runway being entered are very thought-provoking. Yaak has it right, again, about it being our professional responsibility to be able to work past all that, but you begin to see the chain of events leading up to the crash as more details become available and wonder how YOU might have done.

What we ALSO don't know is the mental state of mind of the pilots involved. Was one of them having a hard time sleeping? Was one of them having difficulties at home or with work? Had one of them stayed up drinking on a 20+ hour layover and didn't rest properly?

Yes, some of those factors, IF they played a part, would have been an additional causal factor. The bottom line is we don't yet know enough to say, as Bunny did, that "I hope the FAA takes Comair and Delta to the limit on this" (or some such nonsense - my browser doesn't go back that far on posts to quote directly).

You're NOT the NTSB, you DON'T have all the facts, and you cannot POSSIBLY, REASONABLY make a snap decision like that. To do so only points out your relative ignorance or arrogance. Pick one.

As far as CDO's go, the danger I always hated about them was being assigned one on reserve. I just finished a 3-day trip at 11 last night, got to the crashpad at midnight, asleep by 1 a.m. On reserve for 2 more days, was called and released into rest this morning RIGHT AFTER I WOKE UP for a CDO tonight.

Now how the heck do I rest during the day? I'm not sleepy NOW... but I will be tonight when I get into the hotel for 4:30 of hotel time. I will wake up tired and go back to the line drinking as much coffee as possible and thankful it's only an 1:20 flight back to ATL.

Mixing day trips and CDO's SHOULD be illegal. Not that it has ANYTHING to do with this accident,,,

I return you to your regularly scheduled mud-slinging fest and thread hijack...

jeez... :rolleyes:

I've heard that Jim's family has decided not to release info on his condition.

Report,
I would imagine there are police at the hospital if not at his door. Most law enforcement has the same opinion of the media as we do.

ReportCanoa said:
Sure, but who is making sure the FAA or NTSB doesn't get in there. Certainly the cops don't know any better.

ALPA, at least I hope that's one of the things they're doing right now....

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back