LEX Comair Crew on a nap/cdo/

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyBunny said:
There's nothing wrong with calling it 'Runway Two Two Zero', is it?

We just use short form and 'acronyms’ because of space and frequency use limitation. This person has all the time in the world to use the full name rather than having to omit a ‘zero’. Believe me, more people in this world are non-pilots and you still think that anything said in this world about aviation should follow strict aviation ‘standards’ and ‘rules’.

Get over it!

And that lady…Mary whose last name you completely missed….is far from being a crack…look up what she was in Aviation before starting a fabulously successful practice of suing people for wrong doings, especially in aviation…and I hope she takes Comair and FAA to limits on this tragedy!

Bunny
Go do some steep turns you bum! There is no such thing as runway 260! If that was what it was called, it would be painted on the ground!

If you don't have 121 or 135 time, or haven't been to more than 10 airports, STFU! Being a CFI is nothing, nothing like flying in the airlines.

PUNK!

ReverseSensing said:
FlyBunny:

Stop. You clearly have no clue what you're talking about. Either that, or you're drinking. In any case, stop. It's embarassing.

I agree, your "opinion" is irritating. :(

But back to the issue...Still waiting to see what will come out of this sad situation this morning. My prayers go out to everyone who had family & friends on board. Fly safe everyone,

FW

CatYaaak said:
Lag-time in charts so not up-to date, light bulbs out, darkness, airport construction, early mornings...these are among many other detractors to safety that go with the territory in this business. There will always be those factors. Our business as professionals is to operate in such a way that mitigates them, or shut down if we can't.

Stay vigilant. Stop the Show if you must. Quit the job if you can't. Pax deserve no less.

On point Yaaak, good to see you back.

GV

Agree.

John Pennekamp said:
So in other words, all of you holier-than-thou types who want to point fingers at the crew better just simma downa until the final report comes out. The crew was but one link in the accident chain.

I agree with you that the crew was one ‘link’ in the ‘chain reaction'. What I, and I am sure other pilots and the families of those who dies, would very much like to see is why the FAA controller failed to realize that the plane is rolling down the wrong runway?

I know that many of you would contend that it’s not really there duty. But, if it isn’t, then why it isn’t’ controllers’ responsibility to ensure that the plane is talking off on the wrong runway. Just look at it, you’re cleared to taxi and ‘position-an-hold’, and she/he clears someone to ‘take off’ on a different runway, but that plane made a mistake, sort of like the Comair LEX crew, and start rolling on the opposite side to where you’re locating – heading straight for you.

Are you telling me that the controller can just shake his/her shoulder’s later on and say ‘oh well, I gave him/her clearance for the different runway. I think NOT! I think the FAA, yep, not just the controllers, are equally responsible and should be brought to justice. One life is too many…but, 49 (and the one who is still suffering), is just too much. I think the industry, public, pilots, Flight Attendants, and the airlines…should go after FAA.

FAA has enjoyed a ‘free ride’ much too long.

And why on this earth, in this day and age, it takes NTSB a year to come up with anything solid? You know why…because by that time, the public and the grieving families and friends, and others will have almost forgotten the severity of the accident and the mistakes that the manufacturers, operators, and the FAA had made that culminated in to tragedies.

Bunny

Huh...

ReverseSensing said:
FlyBunny:

Stop. You clearly have no clue what you're talking about. Either that, or you're drinking. In any case, stop. It's embarassing.

Condescending.

There's a word for you...now, be a good boy (or a girl) and try looking up the meaning.

Ever thought that the times have changed...there are fewer and fewer like you and the rest are fading fast.

Enjoy rest of the day with 'all the clues' that only you have!

Bunny

FlyBunny said:
Does it really matter if I were an intern or if I have moved on?

Bunny

Yeah, I'd say so.

Are you deliberately understating your qualifications in an attempt to get rises out of people who think you some punk CFI spouting flamebait, or are you actively working in a 121 environment? Your perspective and its credibility are, for better or worse, tied to what you have done and what you are currently doing.

While many of your points are valid, your delivery is crass (and that is giving you a free pass on a few snide comments).

FlyBunny said:
A 'Professor Emirates’ of Aerospace Engineering knows more about airplanes than your brain, as a pilot, could ever comprehend.

Bunny
Hold the billy goat. A Professor Emirates? Like the U.A.E. emirates? Or maybe you meant Emeritus.

U sure is more edjuckated then we is.

FlyBunny said:
Condescending.

There's a word for you...now, be a good boy (or a girl) and try looking up the meaning.

Ever thought that the times have changed...there are fewer and fewer like you and the rest are fading fast.

Enjoy rest of the day with 'all the clues' that only you have!

Bunny
well at least you spelled that one right! im really confused tho, fewer and fewer like BoilerUp? Do you mean the population of Indiana is dwindling or are you hinting at something even more sinister? Like Indiana & Illinois!

What I can infer from your choice of words is you aren't American, but an elitist foreigner. I may be wrong, but maybe you are from the Emirates! Lol.

Shalom.........

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back