LEX Comair Crew on a nap/cdo/

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Soverytired said:
Ah, another perfect pilot enters our midst.

By your "logic"

Pilots don't need EGPWS . . . we have altimeters and navs for positional awareness.

Pilots don't need gear warning horns . . . we have checklist.

Pilots don't need TCAS . . . . for that is the job of equally infallible ATC.

Pilots don't need runway incursion warning systems or hold short lighting at busy airports. . . .for we have paint on the pavement.

Pilots don't need Windshear warning systems . . . for we have weather reports and airspeed indicators.

Pilots don't need stall warning systems and shakers . . . for pilots would never fly below Vs 1.3.

Pilots don't need overspeed indicators . . . for we would never exceed a flap speed for VMO thanks to our airspeed indicators.
I would agree with every one of those statments. Thanks for making my point for me.

Last edited:
ReportCanoa said:
Correct. The only time I've seen the CDI lined up with the runway is on an off-the-runway RNAV DP out of Atlanta where the first path terminator is runway heading to an altitude.

777jackarse, you have been ignored.
Your wit is as fast as that electric scooter you use as your avatar

Last edited:
I have read only sections of this post. OMG! Are you_all really "reagional" pilots flying under the same crack head regs that I am? Because, there is a lot of strange comments out there about this accident. To me it reeks of fatigue, but that is my opinion. If you think it is human to fly these "regional" schedules and make good decisions, then fine,,, have a nice time. Also, you may try an iron man triathalon, sounds like that would suit you as well. The mistake these pilots made here was extraordinary, so maybe some of your thoughts should reflect that...

777_Jackpot said:
I would agree with every one of those statments. Thanks for making my point for me.
Yup... I agree...

Jerkpot is an A$$HOLE.

Next on the hit parade is YPF come to tell us what he does in YIP...

The best two on that list was:

Pilots don't need TCAS . . . . for that is the job of equally infallible ATC.
I have filed no fewer than 6 TCAS RA deviations in my career because ATC wasn't paying attention to what they were doing.

and,

Pilots don't need Windshear warning systems . . . for we have weather reports and airspeed indicators.
I have TWICE been in clear-air Windshear as annunciated by the Windshear alerting system a good 2-3 seconds before the ASI and VSI dropped out from under us. Both times the nearest cell was more than 10 miles away. Thanks to that software, I had an extra 2-3 seconds of engine spoolup that I wouldn't have otherwise had.

Jackpot, you have been officially b*tch slapped. You should know better, you pompous a$$.

Can't wait for the day people like you get your tit in a wringer and look back on this with rueful regret...

"There's two kinds: those that have and those that will". You can't escape the laws of probability... no matter HOW good you are.

Lear70 said:
Yup... I agree...

Jerkpot is an A$$HOLE.

Next on the hit parade is YPF come to tell us what he does in YIP...

The best two on that list was:

I have filed no fewer than 6 TCAS RA deviations in my career because ATC wasn't paying attention to what they were doing.

and,

I have TWICE been in clear-air Windshear as annunciated by the Windshear alerting system a good 2-3 seconds before the ASI and VSI dropped out from under us. Both times the nearest cell was more than 10 miles away. Thanks to that software, I had an extra 2-3 seconds of engine spoolup that I wouldn't have otherwise had.

Jackpot, you have been officially b*tch slapped. You should know better, you pompous a$$.

Can't wait for the day people like you get your tit in a wringer and look back on this with rueful regret...

"There's two kinds: those that have and those that will". You can't escape the laws of probability... no matter HOW good you are.

How many times did you launch down the wrong runway?

777_Jackpot said:
How many times did you launch down the wrong runway?
That is the issue of this thread.

That is NOT the issue we all have with YOU, Mr. Perfect.

I've started to enter / choose a wrong runway at least once or twice before either the runway heading, size, or some other external input (the F/O smacking me upside the head with the QRH) straightened me out.

The problem I have here is that YOU seem to have all the answers.

YOU seem to be perfect.

YOU are ready to be the pilots' judge, jury, and executioner WITHOUT knowing ALL the FACTS.

Here's a news flash, hotshot. NONE OF US have all the facts as of yet.

So before you get back on your high horse and bash the crew some more, why don't you sit back, relax, wait for the NTSB final report to come out and, in the meantime, have a nice hot cup of STFU.

mmmKay? :uzi:

Lear70 said:
I've started to enter / choose a wrong runway at least once or twice before either the runway heading, size, or some other external input (the F/O smacking me upside the head with the QRH) straightened me out.

There is a huge difference between entering the wrong runway and rolling down the wrong runway. My point, and excuse me if everyone has misunderstood me, is that the solution/prevention to similar situations, is NOT more automation, prevention systems, etc. Its doing what you get paid to do... be a pilot, and all of the duties included with the title, most notably... not fu*king up.

Lear70 said:

Well said.

"There you are, fat as can be. The whole world is yours and you’re the answer to the Wright brothers’ prayers. You say to yourself, nothing can go wrong ... all my trespasses are forgiven. Best you not believe it." - Ernest K. Gann

acaTerry said:

acaTerry...

Your original point was to agree with the poster who said "maybe we should never fly early mornings". I said as long as there was adequate rest...and I explained this I meant they had been given time toc adjust their sleep schedule (pattern) prior to the event, then beginning duty early mornings meant nothing. Sun up, sun down, big deal. We're humans not vampires, and given opportunity and time, we can adjust and perform just fine.

I've seen the expert produced circadian rythmn studies. They are studies, not definitive absolutes of performance. They've been produced and updated and revised for years now. Is that the first one you've seen? Good helpful information, but I've also seen people brainwash themselves into thinking they couldn't function if they didn't meet exactly what the latest revision suggested. Kind of like health food nuts who feel like crap if they don't get granola every day at 7 AM. Circadian rythmn studies can also convince you that we should work only 5 hours duty days...something I agree with.

Getting up early to fly if you're well -rested....adequately rested... means you might be tired for awhile. This is not the same as fatigue, and the ONLY way to acertain if fatigue exists is to see what someone's done over a period of days. Your problem is you haven't read my posts. If you had you'd see that when I say "rested" I'm not talking about the paperwork, FAA minimum "legal" rest period.

Which is why you misunderstood my point about more accidents occuring at the end of a long duty day than the beginning after a "legal" rest. If a person is fatigued and gets "legal" rest (not adequate), they can still usually function to a fairly high degree soon after a period of sleep, but only for awhile. 14 hours later, however, that fatigued yet "legal" person is functioning well below standard. That's when fatigue-related accidents are most likely to occur, at the end of that long duty day, and why the NTSB goes back so many days to check what rest actually occured. It's the only indicator that fatigue may be present.

I don't need a job..I've had the same one for years. You obviously misunderstood again and I was referring to your "Three strikes and you're out" company and how much it sucked.

No thanks on the NJA thing despite your good fatigue policy. I love my current situation and no offense but your pay scale is brutal.

777 JACKPOT: The moral of this tragedy is not "Don't F#%k UP".
There are valuable lessons that will be learned from the sacrifice of people lives here.
First, that it was not a single error by the pilots, but rather the culmination of errors by the crew, the tower controller and a list of other things yet to be determined. This may lead to devices to detect when aircraft are on the wrong taxiway/runway and further improve avaiation safety. All of us fly, or have flown, GA aircraft with raw data and we know it's very safe. When it comes to the flying public, we are bound by professional ethics to incorporate all means available and necessary to ensure their safety. More preventive measures and technology will be put into place to help illiminate the possibilities of another accident like this, and the victims will not have perished in vain.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back