LEX Comair Crew on a nap/cdo/

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyBunny said:
A 'Professor Emirates’ of Aerospace Engineering knows more about airplanes than your brain, as a pilot, could ever comprehend.

Bunny

"Professor Emirates" at riddle? Is that like being "Dr. Grand poobah deluxe" at a caribbean medical college. Aerospace engineers work for Boeing and Gulfstream. The best don't teach.

JetPilot_Mike said:
Go do some steep turns you bum! There is no such thing as runway 260! If that was what it was called, it would be painted on the ground!
JetPilot_Mike said:

If you don't have 121 or 135 time, or haven't been to more than 10 airports, STFU! Being a CFI is nothing, nothing like flying in the airlines.

PUNK!

JetPilot Mike…I’m sure this is how you introduce yourself.

Anyway…that’s besides the point.

Dear JetPilot Mike (I’m sure you love this when a gal calls you JetPilot, don’t ya?), in my present placement, the numerous on-board computers would prevent me from doing a steep turn as defined by your Private Pilot PTS. However, I’d ask the instructor to let me do few during my next simulator session (due in October).

Contrary to what you believe, the runways are indeed called runway 260, 360, 180, etc., but due to the ‘short form’ use, we omit a zero at the end and, hence, people like you grow up to think that just because the use of ‘aviation terminology’, there’s no such ‘thing’ as Runway 260. After reading numerous charts and prints, you most likely also think that there is no such ‘thing’ as Runway, don’t you? In your mind it’s ‘Rwy’, isn’t it? Rwy 26…how’s that? Am I doing all right so far?

You say Flight Instructing is ‘nothing’. Who taught you how to fly? Sit back, relax, and try to remember that day your instructor gave you your first lesson, the day she/he signed you off for first solo…would you have said that to her/him at that very moment that: “…Being a CFI is nothing, nothing like flying in the airlines.”

Being a CFI is Everything! Without CFI’s you and I would never be able to learn how to fly. Give them respect! Unlike you, I respect those who have taught me the most! My teachers!

Wow…your arrogance and incompetence is simply amusing! So, you think that one has to fly 121 or 135 ops in order to ‘know it all’? Ever climbed out of your ‘well’ to see that the world out side is actually much larger? A friend is a GV pilot for a big Midwestern corporation (Part 91 for your info) who never flew 135 or 21, but had many hundred of hours of Flight Instruction (still flight instructs…in small SELs and jets). Wow…I better get on the phone and pass your message.

Just remember, that when one loses the ability to ‘debate’, and IS unwilling to accept her /his ‘shortcomings’ – intelligence, competence, knowledge, skills, etc., - that person has nothing but to revert to name-calling and swearing…and you fit that psychological profile so very well.

On my last 3-day trip, I visited 11 different airports, three of them twice, and crossed the English Channel six times…I will let you guess what I’m flying and who am I flying for? But, I will let you look at my hours and assume that I’m a CFI, which I still am. And so are many of your fellow 121 and 135 pilots.

Take care JetPilot Mike.

Bunny

FlyBunny said:

Dear JetPilot Mike (I’m sure you love this when a gal calls you JetPilot, don’t ya?), in my present placement, the numerous on-board computers would prevent me from doing a steep turn as defined by your Private Pilot PTS. However, I’d ask the instructor to let me do few during my next simulator session (due in October).

Contrary to what you believe, the runways are indeed called runway 260, 360, 180, etc., but due to the ‘short form’ use, we omit a zero at the end and, hence, people like you grow up to think that just because the use of ‘aviation terminology’, there’s no such ‘thing’ as Runway 260. After reading numerous charts and prints, you most likely also think that there is no such ‘thing’ as Runway, don’t you? In your mind it’s ‘Rwy’, isn’t it? Rwy 26…how’s that? Am I doing all right so far?

You say Flight Instructing is ‘nothing’. Who taught you how to fly? Sit back, relax, and try to remember that day your instructor gave you your first lesson, the day she/he signed you off for first solo…would you have said that to her/him at that very moment that: “…Being a CFI is nothing, nothing like flying in the airlines.”

Being a CFI is Everything! Without CFI’s you and I would never be able to learn how to fly. Give them respect! Unlike you, I respect those who have taught me the most! My teachers!

Wow…your arrogance and incompetence is simply amusing! So, you think that one has to fly 121 or 135 ops in order to ‘know it all’? Ever climbed out of your ‘well’ to see that the world out side is actually much larger? A friend is a GV pilot for a big Midwestern corporation (Part 91 for your info) who never flew 135 or 21, but had many hundred of hours of Flight Instruction (still flight instructs…in small SELs and jets). Wow…I better get on the phone and pass your message.

Just remember, that when one loses the ability to ‘debate’, and IS unwilling to accept her /his ‘shortcomings’ – intelligence, competence, knowledge, skills, etc., - that person has nothing but to revert to name-calling and swearing…and you fit that psychological profile so very well.

On my last 3-day trip, I visited 11 different airports, three of them twice, and crossed the English Channel six times…I will let you guess what I’m flying and who am I flying for? But, I will let you look at my hours and assume that I’m a CFI, which I still am. And so are many of your fellow 121 and 135 pilots.

Take care JetPilot Mike.

Bunny

Wait, you are picking on a guy who's screen name is JetPilot Mike, while yours is FlyBunny?

BoilerUP said:
Yeah, I'd say so.
BoilerUP said:

Are you deliberately understating your qualifications in an attempt to get rises out of people who think you some punk CFI spouting flamebait, or are you actively working in a 121 environment? Your perspective and its credibility are, for better or worse, tied to what you have done and what you are currently doing.

While many of your points are valid, your delivery is crass (and that is giving you a free pass on a few snide comments).

Well, a while ago, I started getting PMs and emails from people I don't know who would simply put me down for contributing to this forum. They all would, and still do, TELL me what to say and what not to say based on the number of hours and type of operations I have flown. Just for kicks, I never updated that info. Indeed, I’m way past that number shown under my profile…but, honestly, does it really matter?

First, how do we really know that this info is correct? I mean…today I can just come here with a new profile, as a new member, and put down 10,000-hour CRJ Captain. Would my view suddenly carry more weight? In reality, it might, but how do we know that this information is really correct?

Where I learned, in North Central Midwest, there was this 18-year old, who posted on major/regionals/corporate/135, etc. boards and he had five or six different profiles and all he did was posted nonsensical topics and views (like the current one – ‘New Name for CRJ’ or something).

Yes, I have been with 121 for a while…before that I did 91/135, went back to my 91/135 employer to fly jets for better pay, now in Europe flying A320/319s. But, again…does that change what I write now? I know this CFI from back home who has more knowledge of Jets/121/135, airspace, specs, regulations, safety, then I ever will. He reads insatiably…has subscription to at least 10 different magazines, is a local safety counselor…and flies jets (rated in all three kinds) for the same company whom I worked for. That company’s ‘rules & regs’ are based on airlines and regularly flies in to ORD/MDW/LAX/NYC, etc. How can one say that his opinion shouldn’t matter since he flies for a non-121?

Just think of it this way…the accident at MDW…you don’t need to be a 121 pilot to know what happened. One can do the analysis on their own and simply figure out that the plane DID land long. Runway condition and weather did contribute to the accident, but ‘pilot error was the main cause of ‘over run’.

I appreciate your intrigue in to knowing my qualifications. You know…even if I were deliberately understating my qualifications, why should someone get a ‘rise’ out of this? What is one magic number (hours flown) that defines a certain standard to ‘hold’ credible opinion? You’d be hard pressed (not you personally, but you know what I mean) to find NTSB members (whom we acknowledge have the greatest knowledge about ‘accidents’ and ‘investigations’) that have thousands of hours of ‘airline’ flying. So, why then are they working on accidents? Why do they have opinion? Like ‘JetPilot Mike’ said…if they haven’t flown 121/135…etc?

No, I have never tried to ‘flamebait’. Read whatever I write…it’s a direct and ‘straight forward’ reply and/or opinion. For instance…let’s take a CFI…granted…there are quite a few new CFIs without much experience beyond a C150…and she/he might not have the best understanding of the 121 Turbine flying. But, when intellectuals like ‘JetPilot Mike’ say what they say about a ‘…CFI being nothing’, well, someone has to reply to that. And I know that most people on this, and other boards, have valid point and I have learned so much from visiting these pages, there are times, I think few of us are ‘out of line’ and I simply reply to that.

I’m sorry if my last reply (or previous) sounded crass…no, I was not an intern when I noticed that…I was jump-seating on a regional (Part 121) turbine-powered airplane out of MSP when I noticed that.

Sincerely,
Bunny

FlyBunny said:

Just think of it this way…the accident at MDW…you don’t need to be a 121 pilot to know what happened. One can do the analysis on their own and simply figure out that the plane DID land long. Runway condition and weather did contribute to the accident, but ‘pilot error was the main cause of ‘over run’.
I
Sincerely,
Bunny

Put down the computer, call a cab and go directly to the emergency room and request a psychiatrist.

FlyBunny said:

Take care JetPilot Mike.

Bunny
Do you always go by FlyBunny, or do you sometimes use Peter Cottontail? Really, a pissing contest over names on an internet webboard isn't the way to start.

I know a little something about being a CFI myself. In fact, I was was able to manage a CFII and a MEI out of my college, and have about 700 hours of dual given. While CFI's do play a major role in aviation, they can have a very narrow field of vision. Everything to them is the PTS. If there is a thunderstorm, or snow, you make that day a ground briefing day, or fly the sim. In the airlines, you go, you make it happen, because that is your job. Your GV friend probably has learned a lot outside of flight instructing.

My line of 121 or 135 flying was probably out of line. There are many 91 guys doing very similar, maybe even more challenging, flying, just under a different set of rules. The point is, that kind of flying is much more demanding than trying to get a student to do a proper Lazy-8.

Maybe in England you brief your approach to Runway 220, but I have never heard a single pilot, or controller use that phraseology. I'm in aviation, so it's natural for me to use "aviation terminology." Maybe I was just frustrated that so many of the tv newscasts were saying so many wrong, stupid things.

Finally, I still can't figure out your qualifications. You say you did a 3-day trip over the English Channel (wow! impressive! just slighty wider than Lake Michigan!), but your profile says you have 1,200 hours, and fly small piston airplanes, and you saved the day in MSP once. You weren't trying to deceive us were you?

Take care Peter.

FlyBunny said:
But, when intellectuals like ‘JetPilot Mike’ say what they say about a ‘…CFI being nothing’, well, someone has to reply to that.

I never said anything about "a CFI being nothing." I said being a CFI is nothing like flying in the airlines. Big difference.

Actually, that was not the only factor involved in that incedent. The unauthorized use of Autobrakes, 17-18 seconds (WAY too long) for the T/R's to deploy, and the fact that the -700's landing distances are computed with TR's (most jets, they do not, as part of certification). As you spend more time in this biz, you'll learn that the causal factors are usually more complex than you realize.

I hate to say it, but some 'Professor Emeritus' from Riddle casting opinions without facts to back them up is doing the industry no good whatsoever.

Peace.

Rekks

Rekks Inbound said:
Actually, that was not the only factor involved in that incedent. The unauthorized use of Autobrakes, 17-18 seconds (WAY too long) for the T/R's to deploy, and the fact that the -700's landing distances are computed with TR's (most jets, they do not, as part of certification). As you spend more time in this biz, you'll learn that the causal factors are usually more complex than you realize.

I hate to say it, but some 'Professor Emeritus' from Riddle casting opinions without facts to back them up is doing the industry no good whatsoever.

Peace.

Rekks

No, get it right d@mn it, it's Professor Emirates!

Latest resources

Back