Let the whip begin...PCL vs. CJC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This was sent out today:

The final award in the ongoing scope arbitration is expected by weeks end. While the details are still not available for dissemination the arbitrator’s decision is very favorable for ALPA. A full analysis of the decision should be available by next week.

to pcl pilots?
from alpa?

Awesome news...

V1

Oh!!! I will sleep so good tonight.......

I would be in favor of a blended seniority list with respect to date of hire. It would be fair for everyone involved, both companies are pretty young.

VV

You guys wanted nothing to do with helping the pinnacle pilots. You said that our scope did not protect us and that we were just going to have to deal with it and get over it. We were just going to have to be OK with us buying you guys shiny new airplanes. And shunned our pilot groups right by voting out our union, in an attempt to block a seniority merger. All to protect your fast upgrade and explosive future growth. And as a collective group, you said that you did not want to waste 2% of you salary.

Now you here that our union and OUR union dues have accomplished what you guys said it could not, you want us to be fair and give you DOH. No F-n way.

Over the last year, what has your pilot group accomplished to be fair to the pinnacle pilots. What have you guys accomplished to help us with our LEGAL, CONTRACTUAL rights.

You have done nothing, and you should ask for nothing.

You guys wanted nothing to do with helping the pinnacle pilots. You said that our scope did not protect us and that we were just going to have to deal with it and get over it. We were just going to have to be OK with us buying you guys shiny new airplanes. And shunned our pilot groups right by voting out our union, in an attempt to block a seniority merger. All to protect your fast upgrade and explosive future growth. And as a collective group, you said that you did not want to waste 2% of you salary.

Now you here that our union and OUR union dues have accomplished what you guys said it could not, you want us to be fair and give you DOH. No F-n way.

Over the last year, what has your pilot group accomplished to be fair to the pinnacle pilots. What have you guys accomplished to help us with our LEGAL, CONTRACTUAL rights.

You have done nothing, and you should ask for nothing.

Are you referring to Victor Vector specifically, or are you speaking to the CJC pilot group as a whole?

If you DO think that everyone over here didn't support PNCL ALPA you are mistaken...we lost the vote, but we only lost by 4 votes.

As previously stated, not all of us over here are MEM tools, that have no clue about the industry. If youre gonna push for a staple job...go for it, my QOL can't get much worse, but youre not gonna make any friends, and when we are stapled to the bottom, you will be purposely installing a divided pilot group.

:bomb:

Are you referring to Victor Vector specifically, or are you speaking to the CJC pilot group as a whole?

If you DO think that everyone over here didn't support PNCL ALPA you are mistaken...we lost the vote, but we only lost by 4 votes.

As previously stated, not all of us over here are MEM tools, that have no clue about the industry. If youre gonna push for a staple job...go for it, my QOL can't get much worse, but youre not gonna make any friends, and when we are stapled to the bottom, you will be purposely installing a divided pilot group.

:bomb:

You know, I am just pissed. I don't know Vector victor from anyone else. I just know that in the last year, CJC pilots have accomplished nothing to help us in our fight. If you have been around these discussions over the last year, you would see that most told us that we had no rights. That they would and should get all the shiny new airplanes that we bought for colgan. And that they didn't want to waste their 2% until things started to go dad for them in the future. In other words, they wanted to get all the growth for the forseeable future and then when the whipsaw pendulum started to swing the other way, they would them vote in a union. They wanted nothing to do with a seniority integration. But now that they see that our dues have put them in a disadvantage, they want us to be fair.

I wish thier was a way to be fair to 49%. But I don't feel like rewarding those that made every effort to keep us from what is rightfully ours.

Last edited:
I have been around these threads for the last year, I just dont post very often...

Youre right, there were flamebaiter's from the CJC side saying that they didnt want to vote in the union for all sorts of stupid reasons, I have to deal with those exact same people all the time. Some people don't want to lose their 2%, some people think that the colgan's are gonna take care of them(even with the stockholders) and some actually admitted that they "just dont like unions"...

but as I previously posted, installing a divided pilot group will only hurt "US" down the road.

I don't think what anyone gets will be up to you or CJC. An arbitrator will decide. It will be interesting for the arbitrator to look at career expectations. Pncl has jets; CJC does not. CJC has a shorter upgrade than PNCL. Each side has something different. Pncl is buying the Q, but CJC was given the flying by CAL. Without the latter, there is no need for the former.

How can it really be "whipsawing", when both places suck to work there to begin with....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back