• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Let the whip begin...PCL vs. CJC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess this is the first stone to get us to fight...

On February 5, 2008, the Newark Star-Ledger ran an article on our inaugural Q400 service for
Continental. Regrettably, the headline and several paragraphs focused on a few ALPA
Picketers. Apparently, they (ALPA) felt it was necessary to rain on our parade.
Shortly after the purchase of Colgan Air by Pinnacle Airlines Corp., we announced an agreement with Continental to fly 15 Q400 aircraft out of EWR. Through the untiring efforts of many Colgan Air Family members we delivered on this commitment.
The entire NAPD event was carried out by Colgan Air employees. It was our sweat and our labor that got it done. Now we get to enjoy (fly) the fruits of our hard work.
ALPA said they came out to ‘support their colleagues’. As you may recall, ALPA conducted a campaign last summer to organize the Colgan pilots. The majority of you chose to deny representation. ALPA, in trying to organize you, all along was trying to put your interests behind the Pinnacle pilots. This is obvious from the picketing and other actions, such as ALPA's attempt in Pinnacle bargaining to limit Colgan pilots to 34 seat flying!
The labor differences between ALPA and Pinnacle Air, Inc. pilots at Pinnacle Air, Inc. does not and
should not affect us. As part of the Pinnacle Corp. family, naturally we want them to resolve this issue
and prosper in the future. In this, we wish both parties good luck in their negotiations.
You need to remember airline pilot contracts, conducted under RLA, typically take a long time to reach
an agreement.​
Thank you for the great job you do everyday.

Regrettably? Rain on our parade? Was that the national sub-standard pay and work rules parade? Or was it the lowering-the-bar and wH$%ing yourself out parade?? WTF dude... get a real job!

I
The entire NAPD event was carried out by Colgan Air employees. It was our sweat and our labor that got it done. Now we get to enjoy (fly) the fruits of our hard work.

And who's profits do you think paid for the Q400's? I don't have much of a dog in this fight these days... but I cannot stand misinformation. You'll be ALPA and under the 9E seniority list in time anyways, though.

Regrettably? Rain on our parade? Was that the national sub-standard pay and work rules parade? Or was it the lowering-the-bar and wH$%ing yourself out parade?? WTF dude... get a real job!

It's parade for management. They love what they are able to get away with at Colgan.

They won't be getting away with it much longer. I think things will soon be drastically changing. Much to the disappointment of pinnacle and colgan management as well as the majority of colgan pilots.

I guess this is the first stone to get us to fight...

On February 5, 2008, the Newark Star-Ledger ran an article on our inaugural Q400 service for
Continental. Regrettably, the headline and several paragraphs focused on a few ALPA
Picketers. Apparently, they (ALPA) felt it was necessary to rain on our parade.
Shortly after the purchase of Colgan Air by Pinnacle Airlines Corp., we announced an agreement with Continental to fly 15 Q400 aircraft out of EWR. Through the untiring efforts of many Colgan Air Family members we delivered on this commitment.
ALPA said they came out to ‘support their colleagues’. As you may recall, ALPA conducted a campaign last summer to organize the Colgan pilots. The majority of you chose to deny representation. ALPA, in trying to organize you, all along was trying to put your interests behind the Pinnacle pilots. This is obvious from the picketing and other actions, such as ALPA's attempt in Pinnacle bargaining to limit Colgan pilots to 34 seat flying!
The labor differences between ALPA and Pinnacle Air, Inc. pilots at Pinnacle Air, Inc. does not and
should not affect us. As part of the Pinnacle Corp. family, naturally we want them to resolve this issue
and prosper in the future. In this, we wish both parties good luck in their negotiations.
You need to remember airline pilot contracts, conducted under RLA, typically take a long time to reach
an agreement.
Thank you for the great job you do everyday.

What a massive web of lies.

Guess I left out one big piece of info - this was a letter sent to us from...well i won't put his name here, but he used to work at PCL, now he works at CJC.

Imagine that! That crystal ball that everyone from PCL gazed into a year ago was right all along. The fore-boding was true.....

its funny, 99% of the colgan disbelievers last year left and went to union carriers. Go figure. Let me tell ya, the pilot group is fired up this time. No changes huh? tell that to the displaced people from the 8+ bases that have closed this year, or the hourly changing scheduling and pay policies. Redemption day is coming for this group

godfather, hit me with a pm. what's new? We miss the old skool ways

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back