• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Let the whip begin...PCL vs. CJC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How exactly is their legally binding contract a "back door?" They have a contract that's been in place since 1999, and they are simply enforcing it. This grievance has absolutely nothing to do with the representational vote that failed at Colgan. In fact, this grievance was filed before that vote even took place.

Hey guys, this is just another idiot who thinks the world revolves around him. He thinks that the entire history of aviation started when he started class at CJC. THE most important thing on ALPA's plate was getting Colgan on board. A group of 350 pilots is the center of the universe. Ha ha

I know that this condition is not specific to Colgan though..

Our pilot group needs to be EDUCATED about the big big world around them. I hope the PCL guys and gals will make the effort to bring us up to speed so we can all be on the same page. It's like when the highlanders joined william wallace, we just have to make sure to understand who buddy longshanks is.

If you don't want to join ALPA, then don't. You don't have to, regardless if you are on the PCL list or the Colgan list or a combined list.

and how would that work? let's say the list went DOH. nothing would change on the buddy side but...what?

nothing nothing?

only protection with a furlough? or even that? can't see ALPA liking that idea.

i don't know enough about your contract to imagine not going ALPA at this point, and all be one big happy family. give me some learning...

I think what he was saying was that you never have to join ALPA if you don't want to, even if you're at an ALPA carrier. You can always opt out and only pay maintenance fees.

oh, and does anyone have a link to the contract you are under now? been looking, can't find it.

i assusme it is public domain.

what's that?
If you aren't a member, you still have to pay contract maintenance fees since you benefit from the union negotiated contract and protections. The maintenance fees are usually the same as dues, but you can legally protest paying the portion that goes towards lobbying and some other things, and that usually cuts the dues down by about a quarter.

oh, and does anyone have a link to the contract you are under now? been looking, can't find it.

i assusme it is public domain.
I don't think there's a public link to it anywhere.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back