Legacy Bashfest - Bring it on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bigD said:
Heh - calling Falcon Capt "ignorant" and an "idiot" isn't going to do you any favors, Mr. Legacy.

Sure it will...I do it all the time!

LegacyDriver said:
You are an idiot.

The average Corporate Jet leg (according to at least SOME surveys any way--I am sure GV has a different set of them) is 1200-1500 NM. So, we'll double that for the G-String and add some. The Legacy does the same thing. You know, most US Corporate jets do the bulk of their flying here in the States, Canada, and Mexico. The Legacy will do all of them just fine.

And if one wants to go to Tokyo from LA like my boss does from time to time, he goes FIRST CLASS on a 747. It's cheaper than a G-V can ever be...

Get a grip.

Oh, and one thing more, short duration, multi-cycle trips like the Regionals do are far more dangerous than going non-stop from SF to Tokyo. Most accidents occur during the takeoff and landing phases, not cruise. Thus, the Legacy/RJ's safety record is only that much more impressive. They are operating in the most dangerous environments and doing so perfectly thus far.

Most bizjets operate in the states?? For One, my company flies 4000-5000 hrs/yr....75% International - and no, regional boy, Mexico and the Carribean ARE NOT International...

you now lost all credibility and have proven yourself to be just what we all thought you might be....

a commuter aircraft pilot.

Legacy Driver,
When ever I read your posts, I am reminded of this:

Ferris Buehler said:
Don't think twice, for it is the patients of people such as ourselves (on this board), that allows us to tolerate a person such as yourself.

LegacyDriver said:
EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Thanks for playing. I think the Legacy can go PANC-ZBAA just fine.

At any rate, why spend $36M plus $2000/hour to go there in a G-IV when:
1) a fractional share...
2) a first class jumbo jet ride...
or 3) a fuel stop in a Legacy costs much *much* less?

Do you know where ZBAA is?

Fuel stops and saving money?? ...HELLO!!!....airline boy....HELLO!!!...

do you realize how short your career in the corporate world would be if you told you boss it would cheaper to make 4 fuel stops in Russia on the way to China then to waste all that money on a Gulfstream!!

stick to the Embryo flying, Ace..its all you can handle at this point.

:rolleyes: .

Last edited:
Gulfstream 200 said:
Most bizjets operate in the states?? For One, my company flies 4000-5000 hrs/yr....75% International - and no, regional boy, Mexico and the Carribean ARE NOT International...

you now lost all credibility and have proven yourself to be just what we all thought you might be....

a commuter aircraft pilot.

So you are telling me:

1) MOST business jets, particularly N-Registered corporate planes operate internationally mostly/exclusively? HAHAHA! That's hysterical.

2) Mexico is not International? HAHAHAH! When did it become the 51st state?

Talk about credibility.

LegacyDriver said:
The only person ignorant here is you.

As previously stated, I took a Legacy for 9 hours just to see if it could be done. We had enough gas to tool around longer if we wanted.
9 hours at Mach 0.68 doesn't get your very far... Max endurance can hold you in the air, but you aren't covering much ground...

You can only polish a turd so much... You wore the shine off this one a LONG time ago, now it is really smelling bad... real bad...

LegacyDriver said:
As for pulling asses out of the fire, Skull-One's termination...it was overturned and he was paid 11 months back pay. That's the way arbitration works.
What are you talking about, YOU ARE SKULL-ONE... Confirmed...

WSofDDriver said:
I have been to Mexico and Russia among others and have yet to see a $10,000 handling fee.
Try Osaka in the middle of the night, or Chitose... Mexico... LOL!!!!! Obviously you don't fly International... Like Gulfstream200 said, anyone who flies a lot of International doesn't consider Mexico, Canada or the Carribbean as an "International Destination"...

WSofD!

The infamous Embryo or RJ resume that crosses the fax with "International Experience"

to Mexico and the Carribbean.

:rolleyes: .......

FalconCapt,
Do you think your being a little hard on the Legacy? Like I said before it does not match the G IV in a lot of categories, but it does come close. Or, is there so much animosity with LegacyDriver that objectivity has gone out the window? Just curious…

BTW I understand the Embryo, ahh Embraer will have a corporate version of the E-145. I don’t have any numbers, but I understand it’s coming...

Latest resources

Back