Legacy Bashfest - Bring it on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Falcon Capt said:
All that good info aside, who wants to ride in a "Whistling Shítcan of Death" anyhow???

That is the best analogy I have heard, I am still laughing at that one!

"Whistling Shítcan of Death"

Your killin' me!
I seem to recall a certain government Falcon becoming exactly that ! Bodies and parts thereof all over the cabin , aircraft porpoising about the heavens....... Hmmm.......
Back to the facts....ain't nobody ever been hurt by a legacy /ERJ except a few of youse guys ego's......

Silver Wings said:
I seem to recall a certain government Falcon becoming exactly that ! Bodies and parts thereof all over the cabin , aircraft porpoising about the heavens....... Hmmm.......
...and I seem to recall a Hawker surviving a double air-to-air missile attack from a Mig...so does that mean the Hawker is superior to the Embraer?

IIRC, the incident you are referencing was due to pilot error...fighting the autopilot instead of turning it off. Are Embraer pilots immune to things like that?

Silver Wings said:
Back to the facts....ain't nobody ever been hurt by a legacy /ERJ except a few of youse guys ego's......
You are a moron. That incident was caused by another moron pilot who tried to put opposite control pressure against the auto-pilot. When this did not work he let go of the yoke while all time the airplane was triming against his opposite control pressure. This is when the airplane started to porpoise. It was exacerbated by the pilot who tried to correct the porpoise while the auto-pilot was still engaged. Your gripe should be with Collins .... not Dassault.

BTW that pilot is in jail for manslaughter in native country as he was sited as the sole reason for this accident.

If you are going to attempt to bash ANY airplane (which is silly to begin with) then perhaps you should at least have a simple knowledge of accident that you site as a design flaw.

G100driver said:
You are a moron. That incident was caused by another moron pilot who tried to put opposite control pressure against the auto-pilot. When this did not work he let go of the yoke while all time the airplane was triming against his opposite control pressure. This is when the airplane started to porpoise. It was exacerbated by the pilot who tried to correct the porpoise while the auto-pilot was still engaged. Your gripe should be with Collins .... not Dassault.

BTW that pilot is in jail for manslaughter in native country as he was sited as the sole reason for this accident.

If you are going to attempt to bash ANY airplane (which is silly to begin with) then perhaps you should at least have a simple knowledge of accident that you site as a design flaw.

Dear oh Dear...... I'm not bashing any aircraft.
Falcon guy is calling the names.
I'm merely pointing out that if he's gonna use the name he's bandying about for the Legacy then he is way outta line......
You are right about the Falcon incident....not a Falcon issue at all. never implied it was....just that it did happen on a Falcon.......

FracCapt said:
...and I seem to recall a Hawker surviving a double air-to-air missile attack from a Mig...so does that mean the Hawker is superior to the Embraer?

IIRC, the incident you are referencing was due to pilot error...fighting the autopilot instead of turning it off. Are Embraer pilots immune to things like that?
Your memory is playing tricks

The missile was shoulder launched surface to air (SAM) type, that took off one of the Hawker engines. the aircraft landed OK, no injuries to crew or pax, and was repaired. For all I know it is still operating somewhere even now.
No, the Hawker was good sturdy cost effective aircraft...for it's time. The Legacy does that for the time now.

Silver Wings said:
Dear oh Dear...... I'm not bashing any aircraft.
Falcon guy is calling the names.
I'm merely pointing out that if he's gonna use the name he's bandying about for the Legacy then he is way outta line......
You are right about the Falcon incident....not a Falcon issue at all. never implied it was....just that it did happen on a Falcon.......
You were implying that the airplane was at fault in your comparision of the Whistling Shítcan of Death to the Falcon WRT to safety. Nice try attempting to cover your inept sales faupaux.

G100driver said:
You were implying that the airplane was at fault in your comparision of the Whistling Shítcan of Death to the Falcon WRT to safety. Nice try attempting to cover your inept sales faupaux.
Incorrect.
There was no assertion of fault...merely observation of fact.

However it occured there has been a case where live bodies have been turned into dead bodies and assorted bits inside a Falcon cabin in flight......
Hence the Whistling **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**can of Death allusion is perhaps more apt in the case of the Falcon than to another aircraft that has never had any such occurance (and after about 6 million hours is a fair bet that it isn't about to soon).

No sales faupaux (what is one of those anyway ? I think you mean faux-pas) as I'm not selling anything.....

Now to be absolutely clear............ it was a pilot screwing up (you know the feleing now) and not the Falcon........

FracCapt said:
You sure about that?

http://www.globalsecurity.org/org/news/2003/0301-sam-threat01.htm

About 3/4 of the way down the page...

Whoops....guess you may be mistaken about certain things about the Legacy, as well.... :D
Funny thing memory eh !
Looked in a Hawker book and found the picture and it was air to air's.
Shows either Hawker is mighty strong or Russian missiles are mighty useless......
Thanks for putting me back on the right track.

"We fight, get beat, rise, and fight again..." Eight pages......?!
I wonder.......if we were able to remove the anonymity of the internet and sit us all down in a room, face to face, would we still squabble like a bunch of little old ladies? .........Yeah, I think, probably so......... Welp......don't stay up too late! :cool: :D

Latest resources

Back