• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Legacy Bashfest - Bring it on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
#1 Anyone smart enough to work up a 500 million dollar deal is going to be smart enough to schedule an ontime arrival regardless the equipment (that had to be the dumbest argument ever made).

#2 The ERJ was no louder or bumpier than the CRJ and I have definitely been in both enough to know (though the CRJ gave me the biggest glute cramp in the history of mankind).

You still have yet to post any solid, verifiable facts... all you have been spouting is your opinion, which isn't holding any water...

The Legacy has shorter range, needs more runway, flies slower, flies lower, has a shorter cabin (height) and is noisier than the Gulfstreams...

Yeah, it costs less... But then again, so does a Yugo... Remember you get what you pay for...

Perhaps it should be renamed the LAGacy...

Last edited:
LegacyDriver said:
#2 The ERJ was no louder or bumpier than the CRJ and I have definitely been in both enough to know (though the CRJ gave me the biggest glute cramp in the history of mankind).

I have a different opinion about that. My rides on ERJ aircraft have generally sucked, but maybe its just my bad luck. While I have no great love for riding on a CRJ either, the ride WAS a little more comfortable overall. The lavatory of the ERJ was usually....fragrant, you wouldn't want to sit too close.

But, thats just my experience.

Last edited:
I love how my argument gets twisted within one post of explaining it for the fourth time. NJFrac I order you to remedial reading class. Dismissed!

Can we get back to the point. The main planes I am using for comparison outside or reliability are the II, III, and IV. We are all well aware of the V's performance when it isn't inthe hangar for MX!

At least you can stand up in the ERJ lav. That CRJ gives me a stiff neck when I try to go whiz.

If the lav stank it was cuz nobody thought to have it serviced. Any lav gets rank eventually.

LegacyDriver said:
I love how my argument gets twisted within one post of explaining it for the fourth time. NJFrac I order you to remedial reading class. Dismissed!

Can we get back to the point. The main planes I am using for comparison outside or reliability are the II, III, and IV. We are all well aware of the V's performance when it isn't inthe hangar for MX!
Forget the G-II and G-III as they have long since been out of production... The G-450 and G-550 are VERY reliable aircraft with extremely high dispatch reliability ratings...

You still have provided absolutely nothing beyond your own personal opinion... When are the facts coming??? If they aren't, you might as well end this comical comparison right here...

Falcon Capt said:
Forget the G-II and G-III as they have long since been out of production... The G-450 and G-550 are VERY reliable aircraft with extremely high dispatch reliability ratings...

You still have provided absolutely nothing beyond your own personal opinion... When are the facts coming??? If they aren't, you might as well end this comical comparison right here...

Great post, Falcon Capt! You make good points. You can find many sources that show the G450/G550 dispatch rates are far higher than those of the Legacy.

But, I still think you guys are arguing with some pimply-faced kid sitting in front of his PC having just completed a hot session of Microsoft Flight Simulator with his spanking new Legacy module featuring the new Mach .92 optional software.

-SkyGirl-

There is no sense in just picking on the Gulfstream guys, how does your Legacy stack-up to the Global Express and the DA-7X?

Does the legacy come with any inertial navigation system? Is it certified for extended flight over uninhabited terrain?

Isn't the Legacy the same size tube as the EMB-145, and thus the EMB-120?

We are looking at the 7X. Dassault says that it will be able to fly non-stop from LA to Tokyo with 8 pax, a crew of 4, 85% prob winds, and NBAA reserves. How does your Legacy compair on the same trip?

Last edited:
mmmdonut, check the numbers. The Legacy needs over 5500' to go 3200 nm at Mach .74. The G450 needs 5450' to go 4350 nm at M.80. The G350 needs 5050' to go 3800 nm at M. 80.

See what everyone is talking about? Legacy can't even come close.

Latest resources

Back