Legacy Bashfest - Bring it on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Falcon Capt said:
On the other hand, the EMB seems to make a pretty good airliner... The Gulfstream and Falcons would make terrible airliners... Purpose built aircraft should remain in the catagory they were built for... You don't see many BBJ's around, mainly because it makes for a pretty poor Corporate jet, just like you don't see any G-550's parked at Gate G6 at ORD...
QUOTE]

I remember a quote from Airbus claiming that the resale value of their A319CJ would be better than Boeing's BBJ because when Boeing mated the -800 wing onto the -700 fuselage, it created an unique aircraft type that would limit its potential resale customer base to only other corporate operators (or freight), thus lowering its resale value. Airbus, on the other hand, basically just added extra fuel tanks to a "stock" A319, giving CJ customers a larger resale market (and price) because all you had to do was remove the extra fuel tanks and you could sell the aircraft to an airline. With the Legacy, you have the same problem as the BBJ.......who's going to want this thing when it comes time to sell it? The resale market for the Legacy will probably be pretty small to begin with, then when FLOPs and Swift start unloading theirs, they will flood the market, driving the price down even further.

Anybody remember the G-159C's? GI's that were stretched and operated as 36 passenger commuter planes for Chaparrel Airlines. Also, a few straight GI's were modified into 24 passenger commuter planes over in Europe.

Last edited:
suen1843 said:
LegacyDriver needs to get back under the porch with the rest of the pups. He's not ready to run with the big dogs.

Why? Because I can't hurl insults as well as the mob here or because I am dealing with people who cannot follow an argument?

The Legacy compares with lots of airplanes in different ways. As far as Gulfstreams go, this airplane will do the average Gulfstream mission for a fraction of the cost. It has a large cabin and is extremely reliable. Graet so a 6' + guy can't stand up completely straight big deal. You are not standing that long any way.

This is a good ride. You will not get this much bang for your buck with any other airplane.

End of argument unless you just can't read.

satpak77 said:
dude no one could give a sh1t
Hey dude, I give a $hit. This is an information/opinion board. If he wants to discuss the Legacy he is free to do so (he clearly is proud of his aircraft).

You, on the other hand, are free to not read the post and not respond. I am reading the post because I am interested in the aircraft.

Merry Christmas.

Oh one more thing--last I checked RJs weren't plummeting into the ground on a weekly basis. Considering their much higher exposure to risk (takeoffs and landings) I would suggest that a reworked airliner is going to go a long way toward extending one's lifespan (or rather not ending it prematurely).

LegacyDriver said:
This is a good ride. You will not get this much bang for your buck with any other airplane.

End of argument unless you just can't read.
So you try to start an argument, have your hat handed to you based on FACTS (not insults) and now try to convince yourself that you were right in the first place?

Your argument is as rediculous as saying "Why should airlines buy anything else but EMB's? And EMB can do everything a 747 can do for a LOT less money..."

The Legacy is an RJ in slightly different clothes, they'll sell some (just like Boeing sold some BBJ's) but they certainly aren't going to put a dent in any market share of any competitors...

Again, I posted all facts (from Embraer's and Gulfstream's web sites)... I didn't see you counter any of them, you are trying to focus on your self-preceived personal attacks... Which I don't really see...

When you come looking for a fight (i.e. starting this thread) you best be prepared for battle...

LegacyDriver said:
Oh one more thing--last I checked RJs weren't plummeting into the ground on a weekly basis. Considering their much higher exposure to risk (takeoffs and landings) I would suggest that a reworked airliner is going to go a long way toward extending one's lifespan (or rather not ending it prematurely).
Oh give me a break... Lets get back to that EMB (or actually 2 EMB's) that the tails broke off of??? What was that about "strong"???

I could have easily flown over 9 hours. The airplane performs better than the book. I am betting the website stats are for the Legacy I / Shuttle. Get with the program. The plane is better than that.

As for strength, the design load was exceeded by a tremendous margin and the gear held. A Gulfstream woulda poked the struts right through the wing (if they did not snap first). Nobody killed, plane taxied off runway under its own power. This is proof of the airplane's toughness. There isn't an airplane in the corporate world I can think of that would survive a smacking like that!

dude Legacy kicks azz and Gulfstream sucks, and the entire aviation industry knows that

now please go away

flyer172r said:
This kind of personal insulting belongs in the non-aviation related chat section

Sit down and shut-up little boy, your vote will count when you've earned it. The captains want to talk.

LegacyDriver said:
As far as Gulfstreams go, this airplane will do the average Gulfstream mission for a fraction of the cost

Listen-up, dip$hit. You missed the part where GV pointed out that the GV was half again bigger than the Legacy and only cost less than 20% more to operate. Then if you add in the fact that the Gulfstreams are actually worth something on the used market - it may actually be cheaper to fly the Gulfstream then the Brazilian pig.

Someday, I'd like to fly the Gulfstream. I think it's the best corporate jet made. If I had to fly the Legacy, I'd think I'd been demoted and I know I'd take a pay cut.

GV knows his stuff. So does FalconCaptain. Both of them have posted a lot of verifiable facts, all you've posted is your sorry-a$$ opinion.

Like I said before: Weak, dude, really weak.

LegacyDriver said:
I could have easily flown over 9 hours. The airplane performs better than the book. I am betting the website stats are for the Legacy I / Shuttle. Get with the program. The plane is better than that.
The numbers from the Embraer web site were for the Legacy Executive, NOT the Legacy Shuttle... The Legacy Shuttle only has a range of 1,700 NM at Mach 0.78... The Legacy Executive claimed 8:02 (at Mach 0.74) would leave you with about 2,130 lbs of fuel (16,100 lbs burned)... At 9:00 you would have been tanks dry... (18,170 lbs max fuel capacity minus the 16,100 burn for 8:02 minus another 2,126 lbs for 0:58 more mins to make 9:00 (You stated 1,100 lbs per side/hr at FL390)... so 16,100 + 2,126 = 18,226 which is 56 lbs beyond max fuel capacity)... So you actually would have ran dry at about 8+58... So you are right, you could have done over 9 hours... because it would have taken you probably about 15 mins to glide down from FL390 to the ground after your tanks ran dry at 8+58... So 9+13 in the air is a possibility... Once...

LegacyDriver said:
As for strength, the design load was exceeded by a tremendous margin and the gear held. A Gulfstream woulda poked the struts right through the wing (if they did not snap first). Nobody killed, plane taxied off runway under its own power. This is proof of the airplane's toughness. There isn't an airplane in the corporate world I can think of that would survive a smacking like that!
Uh, the crew on one of the accidents stated that they weren't even aware the tail broke, stated that no unusal landing forces were noted... EMB later added strengthening and stiffing to the aft fuselage...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back